Recommendations Looking for a Certain Type of OP MC Novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Cosmic_, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    So I’ve been reading a SI fanfic called The Goblin. Enjoying it despite its flaws. Just annoyed with the later/latest chapters that kinda has one of those seemingly forced and inevitable tribulation where the MC needs to suffer loss and a huge blow just cause MC’s been too OP and without setbacks cliches. I was pretty much screaming the whole time like why can’t the MC just use his brain and become a god already and reverse all of his problems.

Anyway, so reading it has kinda made me want to read something else to get rid of my frustrations with it.

I’m looking any sort of novel (NU, RR, FF, SB, etc.) where the MC as a weakling or a mortal is able to easily defeat and toy with vastly more powerful people such as cosmic entities or gods due to his intelligence, knowledge, and cunningness.

It doesn’t need to be that grand or big of a power gap. It can be like Trash of the Count’s Family.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    EndBringer likes this.
  2. Rou

Rou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cosmic_ likes this.
  3. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can u give the pink to the novel were reading

4. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Cosmic_ likes this.
  5. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
  6. kurousagi4242

kurousagi4242 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard white-robed chief is basically what you're looking for apparently MC doesn't cultivate but he is able to manipulate the whole cultivation world
    Another one might be The Path Toward Heaven he isn't exactly a powerless mortal but he's not all-powerful yet. He schemes a lot and it's great

Cosmic_ likes this.
  7. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    White-robed chief is good in term of fights but DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN the romance in the translated chapters is shit. He woo a girl but soon after it feels like he forgot about his feelings for her. He also says he love his superior but she cultivate a technique that doesn't allow to have feelings so kinda Dead End romance unless plot twist. Near forgot, he got a full mansion of girls/women that were saved by MC and they work in a restaurant but looks like he will never have a relationship with any of them, poor girls, i feel bad for their feelings that will never be reciprocated.

9. bored nobody

bored nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Djablo

Djablo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All Eternity at my Fingertip SI with a slightly evil MC (Vampire Diaries fanfiction). Not bad, furthermore the world is pretty well introduced.
    Unstoppable The sequel of above (Buffy: The vampire slayer). I didn't read it :3 But Apparently, It's not bad
    Spy Games Sequel of above (No need to read Unstoppable to understand the MC, recommend to read all eternity) another Marvel Fanfiction :D
    In those, the MC is scheming, manipulative and a strong vampire (so, immortal).