Question Looking for a good english translation to read for a specific novel

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Katakara123, Apr 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katakara123

Katakara123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey there, Can anyone help me or tell me where I could read the English translated version of "I'm in Hollywood"??? because right now in most of the sites and apps, there are only at most 194 chapters, and that is for the good translations which is easy to read, as for the MTL'd ones, though there are more chapters, its very hard to understand, so i am asking if there are any translators here that had translated this novel? or if you know anyone, any sites where the translations are good, and has more chapters?? PLEASE TELL ME! thankyou

2. Dearling

Dearling Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel? https://www.novelupdates.com/series/im-in-hollywood/

Looks like it was dropped by the translators. If there were other translations, they would be listed on NU.

Meaning, chapter 194 is the furthest you can go if you want to read a translated version.

The reason those other sites are also only at chapter 194 is because they are aggros that stole the chapters from the translators.

At this point, you can do one of the following:
    • Ask others to continue translating it (maybe put up a request in the "Novel Pick-Up Requests" subforum)
    • Just suck it up and read the MTL
    • Give up on the novel, or pray that the translators will continue it again (unlikely, considering how the last chapter was from 2019)

Lissi, Katakara123 and riririn like this.
  3. Katakara123

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, so it was dropped. thats too bad I kind of liked it just for entertainment. Anyway, @Dearling thankyou that was very helpful, but do you mid if I asked for the reason why it was dropped?

4. Dearling

Dearling Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome!

Um, I don't know why the translator dropped it. There's no note on the last chapter or anything.

Maybe they just got too busy and couldn't find the time to update anymore? That would be my guess, since I feel like if it was because they didn't want to translate the story anymore, lost interest, etc. they would have left a note.

If you really want to know, I think you can join their Discord and ask! I don't really read from Flying Lines so yeah.

5. Katakara123

Reading List:
    Link
    @Dearling actually, after doing much research about this novel, though i dont know why it was dropped but I think it was because it was very bad, after reading it for almost 500 chaps I also lost interest, badly writter, or just didnt get to my standard I guess? but anyway I also dropped it at this point, well the main reason is that drama and romance was bad and was so disappointing. well no hard feeling to the author, the idea for the story of the novel was great tho.

this time I actually want to ask about "physician's odyssey". same question, if you know any websites or any translators translating it. be it in any other platforms or in their own websites please tell me, I like this novel more you see.

6. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There won't be anyone else translating this one as Wuxiaworld has the official license to it. Unless they get a replacement translator, it will mostly likely stay dropped.

7. Katakara123

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww, that's so unfortunate, thanks @Guan Zhong , I feel bad just thinking about it, it been so long since it stayed below 1k chapters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.