Looking for a new Monitor

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by LtBeefy, Dec 14, 2018.

1. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wondering if anyone knows a good monitor to get for my desktop computer. I use it for gaming and everyday stuff. Budget i have is about $350. Can me little flexible. Not looking for giant screen but not a small one either.

I just dont know much about monitors to be able to tell a good one from a mediocre or bad one.

2. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Find one with a refresh rate of 60 fps/100-140+Hz. Amazons a good place to start.

3. Skoll028

Skoll028 Member of DivineDaoLibrary

Reading List:
    Link
  4. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what about LED, LCD, or OLED?

5. Ajihat89

Ajihat89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    first of all, what kind of Graphic Card your using.
    Second do you want 60 or 120 FPS
    Also if your Graphic Card isn't high end and you are thinking of upgrading your GPU in future, consider 4K monitors.
    Last but not least wait for Christmas / New Years sale, and hopefully a good Sale on Monitor might come your way.
    Hell a better place to ask or you can even search on it is, Reddit.

6. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are the specs of your current computer, and do you plan on upgrading it anytime soon?

The reason it's so important for us to know is to determine how best you should spend your money. If you have an old or cheap GPU or CPU, you might be better off with a 60 Hz 1080p monitor with an extra-nice panel. If you have a higher-spec'ed computer, you might do better with a higher-refresh rate panel or a high resolution panel like 1440p or even 4k.

There's also the question of if you want adaptive sync support to smooth out lower or uneven frame rates. Adaptive sync tends to increase the price of any monitor, especially nVidia's GSync technology, so going with adaptive sync will likely see you getting less in other areas of the monitor. To know which technology is right for you, we need to know who made your GPU.

What do you consider a giant screen? I have 2 27" monitors that are just right for my uses, but many people would deem 27" as too large.

What kinds of games do you play? Some games benefit more from a lower refresh rate, higher quality panel that can display colors more accurately.