Recommendations Looking for a novel with a similar world system to naruto

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Excelezreal, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Excelezreal

Excelezreal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi I’ve read alot of cultivation novels and have yet to find a novel with a world that has wars between villages or sects with interesting characters on both sides. Usually in cultivation novels all the side characters are weak af and the mc just fights with the main villain and the war is over or they get stronger during the course of the war and they keep fighting small villains until they completely dominate the other side and force them to surrender or die. In naruto sides come to terms after losing too many lives. Both sides aware that if they wished to finish the other they would lose alot more. And if if the side characters aren’t weak or are stronger they serve to only push the protagonist forward. And if they are stronger then the protagonist then they only ever serve the use of being there for character when he need saving or they become the protagonists goal to get strong enough to fight or fight to save. They always feel really plastic and only ever really have the use of holding onto the protagonists golden thigh. In naruto nearly every character during the second or third war that I’ve seen in fics have had depth, their own goals and such.

I’m looking for something like how during the second or third war in naruto battles were fought on several fronts and while there was an op character who helped win the war for the hidden leaf village (minato) , there were also lots of other op characters (the sannin, white fang) who contributed to the win.

I don’t know if there’s anything like this but ever since reading naruto fics I’ve been unable to replicate the feeling that came from reading about the different wars. Hard to describe unless you’ve read naruto fics that cater around the generations before naruto.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  2. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Closest I could think of would be 'World of Cultivation', at least in some kind of sense (mostly in the mid to late part of the story as far as I can recall).

Excelezreal likes this.
  3. Excelezreal

Excelezreal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, I’ll give it a try.

4. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    Bleach

Excelezreal likes this.
  5. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try the manga Kingdom.

Excelezreal likes this.
  6. potato413

potato413 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/reverend-insanity/

The side characters in this story are developed very well. The author put a lot of thought into the story and took frequent hiatus while writing it. As the protagonist grows stronger, the surrounding forces are explored in greater detail rather than less detail unlike other novels. Also there's a massive war that occurs where there are many different battle fronts with many op characters.

Excelezreal likes this.