Recommendations pls delete

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Akaletsuki, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Sintress

Sintress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You might like the Vespidian, though there is a bit of sexual content, though it is relegated to the interlewds if it gets indepth. The story is about Vesper who gets turned into a wasp creature and attempts to become a member of the Hero League rather than joining the villainous organization Kraken. It is set in a modern day with superheroes and villains being mainstream so some things are more advanced.

2. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Three English Originals for you, two of which have already been recommended.

+1 Mother of Learning. The world and Characters has Depth, the world's one of the most original that I've seen, and the character's, even those who technically can't, grow and evolve as we get to know them better throughout the story. (Technically can't is due to the story being set in a timeloop. While for many writers this would cause the side characters to remain constant, the writer of this uses it as a medium to spread out their side character's character development over time to better see who they were initially).

+1 The Vespidian. A fairly dark story set in a world where Superheros and those with Superpowers are relatively common. That is to say, seemingly common enough that a single city can easily have enough Supers to match or surpass the local Police Force in pure numbers, if they don't easily outnumber them. Shows a realistic, if pessimistic, view of how groups like Hero & Villain Associations would work and operate in a real world setting where they've been established for long enough to become commonplace.

Reject Hero. An interesting world that displays one vision of what a world with operating Super Hero's similar to Western Comic Books could actually be like, particularly when those getting powers and what powers they receive is essentially random. Interesting World that, while it shows some darkness, avoids becoming overly dark, seen alongside of a Good Man who's powers mean that he can't exactly work with Hero's due to the nature of the powers he awakened.

3. Faaldara

Faaldara [Fire Goddess] [Apathy] [Anon2.0's] [Sweets Thief]

Reading List:
    Link
    Overlord
    The premise is very trope like: a person transported into their game character and they now have to live in a world similar to the game. However, it makes up for that with everything else. The characters are well built and have their own motivations and schemes. I'm not good at dividing why I like a work into different factors so I will leave it at that. Give it at least the first volume for more factors to be introduced. The MC and companions are very much OP, so you will have to deal with that. There are other detractors, but if you read enough you learn to forgive them.