Forgotten Title looking for a reincarnation novel, forgot name (Found: Third Prince Elmer)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Dalek72, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Dalek72

Dalek72 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot the name of it buts its when someone gets reincarnated into a baby and is born into the royal family and is the son of the current emperor. The emperor found out he has no power and could not let him take the throne so he sent the strongest knight to take him to a village. But midway they are attacked and the knight and female knight are nearly killed but the child (main protagonist) releases his power and protects. After that he brings the knight to a barracks but is mistaken as the one who nearly killed him and is then proceeded to be tortured. When the knight found out he killed everyone and destroyed the barracks. He also meets a girl in the village who doesn't want to stay there anymore and brings the main protagonist into the forest and leaves him trying to leave the village. She then gets trapped and sets fire to the forest where the main protagonist finds her and rescues her though he didnt know that she was trying to escape. He also tries to apply to a magic school and freezes the pond but the instructor doesnt see that and yells at him then proceeds to kick him out.

Im just trying to recall as much events that happened in the novel so someone can hopefully tell me. Really want to read this again

2. acefisher

acefisher Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some of the details are off, but I believe that you are trying to remember 'Third Prince Elmer'

Megajoke likes this.
  3. tocos10

tocos10 Even more then the greatest Poster

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting...

4. lisianthus

lisianthus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mc with sudden burst of power i feel that jap novel kind of thing and sry i don't know since i haven't read the novel that have summary like u were descripted

5. Dalek72

Reading List:
    Link
    YES thats it TYVM,

6. pristineallyn

pristineallyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Third Prince Elmer - if I am not mistaken, this was discontinued by the author... Sadly...

7. Dalek72

Reading List:
    Link
    And it is, its very good and heartwarming. But it is a lilttle bit dumb since the main protag hides himself too much for no reason.

8. Ryve16

Ryve16 Working Hard and Hardly Working

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont say that! Remember, Satou hides himself too much for no reason too...except his cooking

9. ApprenticeOfGames

ApprenticeOfGames That sneaky lil sucker who pickpocketed you

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't handle MCs who make their life worst through not revealing their power.

10. Aure94100

Aure94100 French Cultivator from the No-Time Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    This is called humility.

Not everybody like to boast about their talent/power. Sometimes, It can't be helped when a person doesn't like to attract attention (I know this feeling) or be recognized only throught some talent that doesn't reflect him (like a girl in some story who disliked piano because others couldn't recognised her own worth).

But I'm also agree to the fact that, sometimes, MC just makes things worst only because he doesn't want to reveal himself and in some cases, it can become annoying.

11. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think you want to read it. it doesnt have a real ending, so you will be pretty angry having to stop since it has been discontinued.

12. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Humility is good, but like all other emotions it's best in small clumps. If you take humility too far and hide your power even at the risk of losing your loved ones or endangering your life, it becomes cowardice.

Meh, just passing through~~

13. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    I can relate to this. Boasting about being the best makes everyone look up to you and ask for favours from you. When I was a child, I was considered a genius, not Hawking genius, but I was the best in school up to one upper year. Being in the limelight is overrated and too much of a inconvenience. People expect things from you and you have to push yourself harder to fulfill people's expectations that keeps rising higher and higher. You also get the problem of leeches and lowlifes trying to take advantage of you.

That was how I burned out. From then on, I've kept myself at being number 2 to number 5, but never number 1. Only attention whores and kiasu people constantly and continuously force themselves to be number 1 (different from people who push themselves to get 4.0 GPA, these people I respect). I just laugh from the shadows whenever I see them stumble and then takes over, making myself look like the messiah. I'm trash in that sense, but it's funny seeing people try their hardest and fail spectacularly before I take over and succeed beautifully.

I have to agree that sometimes, the MC hiding his own power is annoying. If the plot fits this element of the story though, I don't have a problem. New Gate, Death March and some other stories did this pretty well because there is a justification through story type and genre for the MC to hide their power.

Edit: I don't know if the MC hiding his power fit this story or not. I read a little and I decided, "meh, it sounds nasty," and stopped reading.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    Shio likes this.
  14. Aure94100

Aure94100 French Cultivator from the No-Time Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed.

There're limites everywhere.

15. ApprenticeOfGames

ApprenticeOfGames That sneaky lil sucker who pickpocketed you

Reading List:
    Link
    Who would gain power that they not use when they are in the company of others. That just pointless training. These mcs of great power don't just hide some of their power, they hide too much of it and make their life worst then a average person.

16. DarkToastie

DarkToastie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You might want to search for the Manwha "Emo Faze" it looks similar to how Third Prince Elmer's description.
    It got 1 chapter out on uh mangafox