Recommendations Looking for Absolute Gems of a Novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Aznos, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Aznos

Aznos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I'm pretty much about to vomit due to repetitive format of the majority of light novels I came across (Yes, I'm looking at endless arrogant young masters that came out of nowhere and the same beta mc from CN and JP novels), I'd like to ask for some really good novel that you know others are bound to like too.

Some requirements :
    1. MC being a male is a must for me, I'm just used to it.
    2. Completed novels are a good catch, but those with 100+ chapters are fine too!
    3. I'd prefer reincarnation, transgression or anything alike, action and adventures of course can't be forgotten. But of course, this one is not really a must, just a preference.
    4. Novels with fleshed out characters and not monotone in characteristics are a real treat.
    5. MC having obvious poor IQ is a no-go. Also, excessive plot armor is also a no-go.
    This much should be fine, even now I'm still scouring the forums for threads like this.
    PS: My reading list is here if it helps : https://www.novelupdates.com/readlist/?uid=131330

Thanks for suggesting!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2019
  2. ShamelessGhostbear

ShamelessGhostbear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try The daily life of an immortal King.

Aznos likes this.
  3. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Reverend Insanity and Warlock of the Magus World if you haven't already. (Evil/Villain MCs)

Random assortment of novels off the top of my head: The Devil's Cage, The Ultimate Evolution, Night Ranger, and Release that Witch

Cosmic_ and Aznos like this.
  5. willuwontu

willuwontu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Kenja

Kenja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. willuwontu

willuwontu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Aznos

Aznos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is on QI right? I'll keep a lookout for this one. Thanks!
    I've already finished WMW, but RI is currently in my planned list. Thanks for recommending though!
    PS: I kind of feel disappointed when I searched for other mc with AI chip, and read Age of Adepts. That was some awful writing.

Well, this one looks really interesting. Though it was really discontinued? If it is, too bad, I'll still read it anyways. Thanks!
    I'm at latest on Dungeon Defense, thanks for recommending though!

9. whitenight2013

whitenight2013 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The two best I could recommend are Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite and Dungeon Defense. It looks like Akuyaku hasn't been updated in awhile, but the truth is they just haven't been uploading the updates to novelupdates. Dungeon Defense is a light novel series and updates when a new volume comes out. Both are gold though.

Aznos likes this.
  10. jawbrie

jawbrie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    City of Sin and Monarch of Evernight, by the same author, have great side characters that stick around forever and ever, amen. Even the antagonists - at least the important ones - tend to hang around. And relationships are complex enough, too, not all black and white. MCs aren't dumb as rocks and the novels feature more large scale battles than one on one fights, which is a decent change from many of the novels you may have read. They do have their fair share of one on ones, though, and the MCs are suitably powerful themselves.

Aznos likes this.
  12. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yeah, I've read some 100+ chaps of Age of Adepts, pretty meh indeed.

Warlock of the Magus World literally copied the first 100+ chapters from The Wizard World, but from what I've seen and heard without really reading it it seems to be much worse than WMW as well.

Then there's Mythical Throne of Arcana or something like that, I've got no idea how it gets later, but I think I fell asleep by maybe 5-8 chapters or so...

Besides those I don't really know of any AI chip stuff, but AI chip can have a lot of similarities with MC's that got one of those 'system' cheats like for example Night Ranger and Abyss Domination. Though those can get 'exp' so they have a bit more of an advantage in raw power instead of calculations.

Oh right, actually, there's some Mechanical Emperor or something like that? He's got some brain implant or something, I thought that novel was absolute shit tbh, but eh you could check it out if you're desperate for AI chips.

KidBuu and Aznos like this.
  13. PaiN

PaiN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    trafford's trading club
    kingdom's bloodline

Aznos likes this.
  14. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey there, watch it. The only title I know even remotely close to that is Throne of Magical Arcana. It does not feature an AI chip and happens to be an extremely decent novel. I'mma beat you up if you randomly slander it like that.

15. RTS

RTS ☀┩ îИϑîℂ✞υƧ ɛӼքʊɢռǟȶօʀ┡☀

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Ophis_Trihexa

Ophis_Trihexa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aznos likes this.
  17. KKristen

KKristen Crazy Cat Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    World of Cultivation. The first arc is kind of slow but then it really picks up. I like how fleshed out all the side characters are and how much world-building the author does.

Aznos likes this.
  18. Aznos

Aznos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I'm right, is Akuyaku the one which the guy was actually the son of the royal family and he was like cast away because of his eyes (uh unlucky or something? ) I don't know if I'm right if its this one but if its yes thank you for bringing this baby back to me. DD is on my reading list. Thanks a bunch!

This one looks really interesting plus good reviews, I've got it listed. Thanks!

These are one I've seen at WW, I'll also list them down. Characterization of the cast is really important, but is always neglected that it actually destroys the story for me that I'm really happy if they got some real intelligence unlike contrary of their descriptions. Thanks for suggesting!
    I already had this one on my list, but thanks for recommending anyways (y)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  19. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. HenryTUns

HenryTUns Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aznos likes this.