Recommendations Looking for Absolute Gems of a Novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Aznos, Jan 17, 2019.

1. colonel

colonel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go read toika novel, Dungeon Defense, RATH, to be a power in shadow!, The novel extra, omniscient readerviewpoint, The Second Coming of Avarice, kings of battlefield, dendrogram, TEORA, and still a lot of great book that u have not try (based from your reading list)

Fvck with my recomendation, just go take vacation and binge read all recomendation on this thread

Cosmic_ and Aznos like this.
  2. Aznos

Aznos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this one a kingdom building novel? I'll keep it. Also too bad Ouroboros Record is discontinued :( Thanks for suggesting anyways!
    The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs looks pretty interesting with its premise, and also looks like it won't disappoint. Thanks for this recommendation!
    Lol, actually I was saving Trash of Count's Family and The Novel's Extra, but thanks for the others, specially Omniscient Reader Viewpoint which was like TNE and TCF if I'm not mistaken? But yeah thanks again!

colonel and Cosmic_ like this.
  3. Silvarion

Silvarion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Clockwork Planet. 4 volumes. I think he is somewhat beta in the beginning, but at volume 4 he become like this:
    “Fufu, nice to meet you, TemP-chan. My name is Naoto Miura—that’s right, I’m the man who was born to become your master, the soul whom you’re bound to by the red string of fate.”
    “Wha? Huh?” TemP said, looking awfully flustered as she ducked her head and stared at Naoto.
    “Wh—What in the world are you saying out of nowhere? I already have a master...”
    “Ahhh, such tragedy! My heart’s about to split from sorrow! But I won’t be discouraged, you know. That’s because my heart was already yours since the moment I laid my eyes on you for the first time... Fufu.”
    Infinite Dendrogram. 7 volumes. hot blooded mc. no romance as far as I know, it feels like a shounen manga.
    Paying to WIn in A VRMMO. 6 volumes. completed. perfect mc who is rich despite being young (he got the money himself).
    they are licensed though, but you should be able to find their epub files on the net.

Aznos likes this.
  4. earthdrake

earthdrake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll bring a few from outside NU.
    I you want action.
    Mother of Learning, 90+ chapters that should end within around chapter 100.
    Daedalus
    Randidly Ghosthound
    Luck Lockyer
    Chronicles of a Dungeon Core
    The Breath of Creation (dropped but excellent)
    The Arcane Emperor (+100 chapters however the characters took time to get fleshed out and some are a bit 2.5D)
    All from Andur.
    If you can take female mc Siphon and Azarinth Healer.
    Now if you prefer things without action
    The power of formations
    Leaving Earth
    And if you can tolerate sex.
    A New Past
    Doing it all over
    A Fresh Start
    Lightning in a Bottle
    (The last 4 are some recommendations that i got from Elawn in another thread, there were several more there)

EDIT:Added several titles.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Lonelycity, Aznos and Cosmic_ like this.
  5. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I see you haven’t yet completely scratched the surface of KR novels! You also should hurry up and read those in your planned list! A lot of gems there.

I tried to narrow it down to the ones I’d really recommend or really enjoyed.
    The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time (My current #1 JP LN read)
    My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending
    To Be a Power in the Shadows (My #1 JP misunderstandings comedy)
    Overlord
    The New Gate

I got more JP recs, though more recs based on enjoyment.
    You really should get into female protagonists. You’re missing out! If you ever feel like being introduced to some novels, just PM me. Note that I’m a guy that started my road to the Abyss from a phase of harem anime and novels into now an editor for a CN modern day female protagonist novel.

Also feel free to PM me for more details on anything NU or web novel related. I also do manga/manhwa/manhua and some originals and fanfic related things.

Aznos likes this.
  6. Dgsmasta

Dgsmasta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aznos likes this.
  7. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lonelycity and Aznos like this.
  8. skyre

skyre Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mushoku Tensei
    My first novel
    Good MC good progression and all character have ITS own personality

Aznos, xMisfortune and Cosmic_ like this.
  9. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Excessive plot armor as in they always power up in just the right time to onehit anyone who annoys them the next town over or excessive plot armor as if anyone sees them and wants something the MC has, and then someone drags them into the shadows, and they're never heard from again, without the MC being any wiser?

Second one not being plot armor per se, but powerful background morelike.

Rewriting, the new version (if the translation pace is about the same as the author) has just about caught up to where it was dropped, but there are some differences, but they're both good.

Aznos, Astaroth and Cosmic_ like this.
  10. colonel

colonel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TCF also GREAT!! Also ORV had similiar plot with TNE but had different taste (?)
    rn my reading list mostly korean novel, but if I can recomend classic cultivation with unlimited arrogant young master, u can try Martial world
    there is many good cn movel, but that was the one that I read the latest other than Cultivation Chat Group

11. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    The Earth is Online. MC is male and very smart. Characters are fleshed out and no tropes. And it’s just finished. It’s action/adventure with survival elements. The survival games all make me wonder whether I have negative IQ...

12. crazedreader

Reading List:
    Link
    Excessive plot armor should revere to when authors are just too lazy to think up a good plot and the MC keep getting dragged to trouble, almost getting defeated, and suddenly making a come back over and over again or something of similar nature. Essentially, they are unidentified 'plot' that suddenly protect(as in 'armor') the MC in times of trouble.

Aznos likes this.
  13. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, after taking a look, I mixed it up with "A Sorcerer's Journey"—I haven't read a single chapter of Throne of Magical Arcana—but I probably remembered keklel's review of it.

Though on a second thought there might not be an AI chip in A Sorcerer's Journey either, either way I fell asleep after reading 5 chapters going by what NU says my last read chapter was.

Aznos likes this.
  14. mugiwara84

mugiwara84 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A Step into the Past

Not about cultivation, just a guy who returns to the warring era. This is one of the few stand out series for me, together with The King's Avatar and Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, but you're reading those.

Just read the reviews of it, they say it probably better then I can. But being my sole recommendation I think that speaks volumes by itself. I've given up on most of the generic titles like Against the Gods, Martial God Asura,... myself.

Aznos likes this.
  15. BigFallingRocket

BigFallingRocket Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is The Novel's Extra not on ur reading list?

What this guy said

No seriously, Hajin is one of the most rationam MC's one can find in NU novels. Plus the rest of ur criterias should also be filled nicely - things get a bit dramatic tho, in a good way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2019
    Aznos likes this.
  16. chomer

chomer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Aznos

Aznos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've started on manga with Clockwork Planet, but I'll also note of its LN. As for Infinite Dendrogram, hell shounen are of course welcome lol. As for Paying to Win in a VRMMO, its entry in NU doesn't have links to it? I'll take them anyways hehe thank you!

Man thanks for this whole load of recommendations. I've looked into them one by one (got some of them already in my list though) and most of them looks like they wont disappoint. Really thank you for this list! And yeah, I'll be started on female mc's in the near future, and it all started because I wondered why TMH on QI got first on the rankings. Also, I'll take that offer if I needed more! Thanks again!
    Already got these two in my list, big thanks! :blobowoevil:

I dropped Monster Paradise. Does this one got better on the 50 chapters above? I'm kinda put off with it, but I found it a shame since I liked the strength system with this one. Got all of these titles down, thank you!
    I've already read this one, and yeah it's one of my good reads in my list too!
    Heck, even I gave up on MGA more so than myself lol but ATG got some ups and downs, just more tolerable than MGA.
    Already got it in my Planned list, and I'm really excited to read this one!
    Listed! Thanks for recommending!
    Got most of these except Valhalla Saga and Praise the Orc, I'll take them! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2019
  19. crazedreader

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it got much better after ch50, but I don't know why there hasn't been any release lately, it's on ch500 something last time I check.

20. Silvarion

Silvarion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said, they are licensed .the LN version anyway. those volumes I'm talking about is about digital release. of course there would be the pirated files available online (do we call it pirated?). go google it. anyway I recommend reading those digital releases, I've read the fan translation version, but I think the official version is better.