Recommendations Looking for beastmaster MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by eirinllrin, Nov 25, 2020.

1. eirinllrin

eirinllrin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please recommend xuanhuan/xianxia novels where the mode of fighting involves beast-battles (ꐦಠہಠ)
    basically i'm looking for novels where MC raises and trains a bunch of beasts to fight alongside themselves where the main source of their power is the beast.

Male/Female MC okay
    Main focus of story to be on training, levelling up, battling etc not romance/harem intrigue/court intrigue (some is fine but shouldn't be the main concern)
    No grandpa/mentor old beast who trains MC, i want the MC to rear the beast
    OP MC
    Any beast okay - anywhere from mythical summons to regular pets that level up
    Can be something like their 'soul' form/war spirit/spirit animal, or actual flesh-and-blood animal, anything is fine
    It's okay if the people also fight as long as battling with their beasts (and training and levelling up the beasts) gets due wordcount :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Other than → The Charm of Soul Pets (which i've tried to read many times but have difficulty getting engaged in)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  2. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol Beastmaster of the Ages might be for you, but imo, it's not good. It's full of cliches, the MC is praised as a wise genius for basically having two brain cells. Heroine is basically a walking encyclopedia so the author can spit out info about the world without any issues... but it's about a beastmaster raising beasts (for now just two, but he still has 8 unhatched eggs.)

eirinllrin likes this.
  3. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Grand_Rider_Iskandar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Monster Pet Evolution - sh*tty pokemon. The system of the mc is litteraly just pokedex + bulbapedia. Shit stry. Problm is solved by a bigger problem until it wen out of control.

Long Live Summons - some of the summons are animals. He also has a pokedex iirc.
    If you're into fanfiction, there's probably a ton of pokemon fanfic out there. Especially self insert fanfics.

4. Flompy

Flompy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - Beastmaster of the ages → OP MC with mythological beasts but has the same level of strength as the beasts he summons and fights alongside them not sure if this fits your criteria
    - Long Live Summons (Haven’t read yet personally)
    - Astral pet store (OP training function with game system)
    -Taming Master (Super op mc / Must-Read 10/10 but volume 2 is not translated or smth so maybe leave for next time)
    -Monster Paradise
    -Monster Pet Evolution

5. Botched Toe

Botched Toe Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Great Worm Lich

eirinllrin likes this.
  6. eirinllrin

Reading List:
    Link
    same i keep finding pokemon fics when i search for beast battling :blob_catflip: but i don't like those ahhh :blobsob:

7. eirinllrin

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! I'll give it a try! I looked it up and at least the premise seems like something i'd really like~ Thank you

8. eirinllrin

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! These all sound good!! Thanks!!