Recommendations Looking for Caring Male Protagonist

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Cosmic_, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for any light and carefree novel (translated, original, fanfic, quest) with a caring male protagonist, but I'm talking more of the kind, charming, hard-working big brother, dad/mom, or grandpa type in personality.

I want to avoid the generic nice guy in a lot of JP novels. I'm want a person more like Cale from TCF, Han Yoojin from S-Class, Fang Zhao from SoT, Kang Yoon from GoM, Jung Sunwoo from TM, Cyril from Villainous Butler, or even Harold from Death Flag.

2. samjack

samjack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Is manga ok? Because Corseltel no Ryuujitsushi and it's sequels/continuations seem like it fits this request well. Short description, slice of life story with male MC raises a family of elemental baby dragons in dragon valley, teaching them how to control their magical powers. The dragons look mostly human, though with little horns, so it's a cute raising magical children story. No harem, and there are other people raising dragons in the dragon valley, the MC's special thing is that he's raising a variety of elements at the same time, instead of just raising multiples of a singular element like the others.

5. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    Superstars of Tomorrow
    Grandpa transmigrated to young man body. He's a soldier but his passion is music. OP.
    Not as caring/messy as TCF & S-class; for me it's a bit more distant. If TCF is taking care of your adopted children, and S-class is being a daycare dad, this one is taking care of your neighbor's children.

6. Spectator_2

Spectator_2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. midorimeii

midorimeii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For a light reading: Master Meow
    It's a caring ML but you have to read until few chapters to see it. He is a bit clumsy, makes him so cute.

8. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    No Hero. MC is a vampire butler that is extremely motherly and caring to those around him. It starts out lighthearted but gets more angsty near the end before it ends happily.

Yu Brothers’ Case Book. MC is a caring older brother that will do anything for those that seek him for help. It’s a mystery/supernatural murder novel so it has a darker tone, but the series is filled with sweet moments of familal love and friendship throughout.

Residence of Monsters. MC is a happy-go-lucky person that gives those around him energy, and will secretly do anything to protect his friends.