Looking For Cathartic Shows About Bullying

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Eishun, May 15, 2018.

1. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi all,

I am looking for cathartic shows about bullying.

Basically, I want shows that depict the victims fighting back or successfully taking revenge on their tormentors. But I don't want Disney-type movies where a bully simply gets smacked with food in the cafeteria and gets embarrassed.

Any recommendations?

2. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to wikipedia: Catharsis (from Greek κάθαρσις katharsis meaning "purification" or "cleansing") is the purification and purgation of emotions—particularly pity and fear—through art or any extreme change in emotion that results in renewal and restoration. It is a metaphor originally used by Aristotle in the poetics, comparing the effects of tragedy on the mind of a spectator to the effect of a cathartic on the body. Can't ya just say ''sad shows'' next time, big words hurt my head :blobdizzy:

3. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think there's a lot of shows about bullying only, they're usually a small part of character development.

13 Reasons Why on Netflix had some weird shit, a lot of bullying, and is getting a second season.

4. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's why I said "cathartic". I have to see the antagonists (i.e. baddies) really suffer or die (like in Dexter). Or all the negative emotions I get when I see people getting bullied won't get purged.