Resolved Looking for Editor who can understand Chinese (URGENT)

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by dimsumdimsum, Dec 16, 2020.

1. dimsumdimsum

dimsumdimsum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! so this is voluntary work since I'm poor as well *cries*
    However, I can totally link your ko-fi. Just started downloading a novel by Priest called DaGe, I use a combination of translations and tinker it with my knowledge of English. I think the first chapter came out well but I feel like having an editor who understands the nuances of the language would help them come out better and also help me make more useful translator notes!
    This is BL novel and has some smut so make sure you're comfortable with that!
    If you're interested please contact me on my Twitter, discord or email which I will add below, or even just reply to this post :p
    I use a Wix site so I can easily list you as an editor after you make an account, so then you can make corrections on my work after we discuss on any preferred platform!

No deadline to edit! Just don't ignore me *begging*

Twitter: cocofujoshi
    Email: dollyspams @ gmail (dot) com
    Discord: dollop#2916 (Please tell me your discord username here, so I know which friend request to accept!!)

Thank you!

2. PeachesUntamed

PeachesUntamed Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am good in English however I know nothing about Chinese language, if it's okay then I guess I could help you edit

3. dimsumdimsum

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the offer! Didn't think anyone would reply But I already have a personal friend who acts as my English editor! I'm looking for someone who understands Chinese so they can help better interpret common phrases, slang words or jokes that often appear! Thank you tho, I really appreciate it!!

4. jch

jch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I know some Chinese and took a look at your translations.
    On your second TL Note, 魏謙覺得三根和六根比起來,相當沒有英雄氣概,於是仰頭沖三胖說:「豬,出欄出得真積極,有思想覺悟!」roughly translates to: Wei Qian felt that three sticks, when compared to six sticks, was relatively unheroic(?), so he raised his head and said to Third Fatty, "Pig, you cross the fence(?) really energetically, you really have some level of consciousness(?)!"
    And on your third note, Sanpang probably isn't the guy's real name. Sanpang is "Third Fatty" in Chinese pinyin.

Edit: On the fifth note, your translation is mostly accurate, just that he knocked away Xiaobao's hand which she was bringing to her mouth. The raws didn't specify who's mouth the hand was going towards, so I think it was just defaulted (by whatever MTL you were using) to be "his mouth".

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    dimsumdimsum likes this.
  5. dimsumdimsum

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello thank you so much!! I actually got someone to temporarily help me with Chapter 1 so if you look at it now everything should be corrected!! Are you interested in being and editor Please contact me if you are!! Either way thank you so much!!

jch likes this.
  6. jch

jch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I don't think I have enough time to be a regular editor, but you can always contact me for help at joanna#2091.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  7. dimsumdimsum

Reading List:
    Link
    That's alright!! Someone has luckily reached out to me! Once again thank you!! I'll definitely add you as a friend :))

jch likes this.