Request Looking for F2P friendly gacha game

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Sabruness, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Since i just found out (due to taking a break from it) that one of the gacha games i play has closed down, i'm looking for a new one to play alongside AL and AK.

Must be:
    - reasonably F2P friendly i.e a gacha that doesnt require you to spend money to get anywhere fast.
    - something i can play casually in between playing AL and AK
    - Has great waifus
    - Something that i can play on bluestacks (as thats how i prefer to play mobile games)

Do not recommend: FGO (masochist gacha), Girls Frontline (dropped it due to kancolle style gameplay similarities)
    Currently, i'm tossing up between Fire Emblem Heroes (seems interesting but heard some negative stuff about the gacha), Honkai Impact 3 (though recent updates seem to cause issues with updating and very high data/storage use) and Genshin Impact.

If you play any of those games, or any i may not know about, tell me about them and your experiences with them.

EDIT: Expanding my request for feedback/reviews to include Love Live All Stars, Revue Starlight RE Live and Brave Nine

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  2. 12300

12300 [How many sheep can Snorlax count?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Princess Connect

Silver Snake likes this.
  3. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know what you heard about FEH gacha, but it never discriminated against an unlucky guy like me.

Played it for a couple weeks and free draws already netted me several 5 star monsters. It was actually second or third day and I already had the first. Reason I erased it was it had very little story campaign back then ( I played it rather early) and it came out bits at a time which is practically nothing to blaze through using maxed out units and FE gameplay was never my main interest.

It also shouldn't be too hard to see whether you like it or not, so maybe its better to just go for it.

4. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, when you are walking on a righteous path every single game is free. *cough Thepiratebays *cough

5. Sharudeis

Sharudeis Semi-narcoleptic

Reading List:
    Link
    Destiny Child
    It has great art and is easily one of the most f2p friendly gachas I've played.

6. Gemp

Gemp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another Eden
    The plus for me: It has many references from Chrono trigger since it was made by the same person, and even with free characters you can reach an end game. Also there's P5 colabs and Tales series colabs. There's no PvP mode though

7. SilverFeather

SilverFeather [Seeker of Yuri]•[Likes tomboys]

Reading List:
    Link
    Guardian Tales

I personally consider it the epitome of gacha games, it's very f2p friendly, after playing for a while you can do around 2 10 pulls weekly just out of the free gems you get from colosseum, arena and co-op, not counting stuff like the daily login rewards that give you a lot of gems monthly, every 300 pulls you can selector whatever the you want since there's no such thing as limited characters and weapons

Combat is fun, it's sort of similar to classic Zelda

On my side the only real issue I have with the game is it takes VERY long to raise your characters without whaling, other than that I have like pretty much everyone other than like 4 characters out of the entire rooster of unique characters as a pure F2P, but still the grind isn't that bad, after clearing farming stages you can just leave them on auto, and after you reach a certain guardian level you can simply skip the farming battles, for free, it still takes stamina but unlike other games where you need stuff like skip tickets once you can skip something you can skip it without needing anything else, so the grind doesn't feel as repetitive as say, FGO (which I love but damn it let me rest, playing games is supposed to be relaxing, not like having a 2nd job!)

Edit: on an extra note: game's full of references, Monty Python, Jojo, Dragonball, Danmachi, Hitchhiker's guide to galaxy, TLOZ, Ace Attorney, you name it, there's even references to rather obscure stuff, and on top of it all, the story of the game itself is pretty good

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  8. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't play many gacha games, but I'm currently hooked on Genshin Impact. It has a really beautiful open world, an amazing soundtrack, and a lot of loveable characters.

It's pretty easy to play F2P - I'm personally choosing to pay for the upgraded Battle Pass because I'm lazy and like my levelling materials handed to me on a platter, but I didn't feel forced to pay for it by the game.

As far as I've heard, the gacha system is relatively generous, and I certainly enjoy it (even though I have the worst luck). You get a Beginner's Banner that you can roll 20 times in and are guaranteed to get Noelle from it (a cute little maid knight), then you have the Standard Banner and the limited edition banners.

Every ten rolls guarantees you a 4-star or higher weapon or character, and there's also the Pity System. With that, you're guaranteed to get a 5-star weapon or character on your 90th roll if you didn't before then. In the limited banners, your first Pity roll is known as "Soft Pity" and, if you don't get the 5 star character advertised on the banner, you're guaranteed to get them if you hit another Pity - known as "Hard Pity".

The limited banners carry your rolling history across to new limited banners, too, so your pity count won't reset for those once one ends.
    That means that you're pretty much guaranteed to get a 5 star character you want at some point, even if your luck is as abysmal as mine.

My taste in waifu is probably different to yours, but I love the hell out of Beidou (super strong pirate captain), Ningguang (crafty, manipulative businesswoman), and Jean (leader of the first country's knights).
    Most of the female characters are very endearing, overall, and you have heavy sex-appeal characters like Mona and Lisa.

Here's some videos to give a sneak peak at some of the female characters:
    Barbara (church idol):

Ningguang:

Mona:

9. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched the Act of Reality trailer and it's good. Might install this later.

10. Silva

Silva Your local Image supplier

Reading List:
    Link
    Which servers are you in Azur Lane?

11. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Washington Represent!

12. Silva

Silva Your local Image supplier

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks I'm on amagi. Sadly I can't send you friend request

Sabruness likes this.
  13. Chiisai-hime

Chiisai-hime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The most f2p friendly gacha is probably Dragalia Lost. They're super generous with gacha currency.

FEH is relatively generous as well, and their pity is quite easy to meet.

I'm completely f2p on genshin, and I have almost everyone I want. 5 stars are nice, but 4 stars are completely playable and some are even meta.

Honkai I tried, and my luck wasn't as good. Their Evangelion collab was fun, but I've dropped it. Graphics and story are great for GI and HI.

Arknights is also a very popular defense tower gacha... 6 stars are not f2p friendly, but you can do everything with lower rarities.

I typically collect male characters, so my idol ones are all that type XD

SayMrrp likes this.
  14. loyaltyhub

loyaltyhub New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which servers are you in Azur Lane?

15. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    I've gone for FEH for now and will go genshin when i can get some good internet back.

I already play AK and i disagree. 6*s can be F2P friendly as long as you're careful. I'm full F2P and i dont lack for 6*s... but then i focus my efforts on event banners and, for the most part, ignore regular rate-up banners. Also helps that my AK luck can be freakishly good quite a lot. I do agree that you can do a hell of a lot with lower * operators. I mostly main 4* and 5* Operators with the only exceptions being Blaze and Saria who, worked as a pair (Blaze in front, Saria in back for healing and extra blocking), are ridiculously powerful at locking down chokepoints especially against swarms. I'm really slow in progressing through the story and taking my time to build up big stocks of easily available resources and making sure all my (female) operators are all maxed E1.
    I'm the opposite. I only use female Ops and dont use male Ops at all.

Washington.

16. Ekisiel

Ekisiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was going to recommend Arknights but it seems like you're already playing it so here's my salt for wasting 10 pulls without getting eunectes :blobsalt: :blobsalt: :blobsalt: :blobsalt: :blobsalt: :blobsalt: :blobsalt:

Sabruness likes this.
  17. Neyh

Neyh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for advice, was looking for the same thing

18. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    to add some more salt to your salt, i got Eunectes and Aciddrop in 1 10-pull.
    good luck for the Surtr banner, if you're gonna pull for her.

Ekisiel likes this.
  19. Ekisiel

Ekisiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip:

I'll be spending all my saved up permits and orundums on the Surtr banner but I did the same thing on the WWE banner before and never got anything... :blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt:
    Thorns banner was my only lucky pull...

Good luck to you as well if you're pulling :blobsalute:

20. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    i skipped the thorns banner. pulled really lucky on the W/Weedy banner though. got Weedy with the free pull then W with a 10 pull.

Go plenty of resources as well. the 10 pull HH permit from earlier, 7-8 HH permits plus over 32k in orundum. i think i'm set. XD

Ekisiel likes this.