Recommendations looking for MC with superpower, supernatural world, no harem

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by jon95, Jun 4, 2021.

1. jon95

jon95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I made a similar post before but I guess I wasn't detailed enough,
    So I'll try to be clearer this time, thanks in advance for anyone willing to help
    -I'm looking for a novel about an MC with some kind of superpower in a supernatural world (preferred with modern settings) and an interesting story.
    -I prefer a novel in which the writer just focus on the story without harem or at least with appreciate romance.
    -not limited to asian novels
    -A long novel > 500 ch (for CN) and 100+ or completed for others
    Something similar to Lord of the Mysteries, not exactly the same (I read some novels I thought similar but dropped them later for some reason or another Dawn of Extraordinaries-Lord of Mystics-The Cursed Ship) .
    A novel like Swallowed Star was good but
    I feel that the writer couldn't utilizes the full potentials of the world he created because of the rapid increase in the MC's power and no development in other characters that it broke the balance in earth so he added other plants and powers to fix the problem
    so if there is a similar novel but the author can keep the story development without breaking the world building and rules (he created) is also ok.
    I don't like novels where characters are 2d or the writer focus on the harem more than the plot such as My Wife is a Beautiful CEO
    Strongest Abandoned Son
    Versatile Mage
    Fishing the Myriad Heavens

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  2. SeaReader

SeaReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    jon95 likes this.
  3. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The First Order (post-apocalypse, comedic undertone, romantic subplot with one FL)
    Let Me Game in Peace (modernish cultivation fantasy, basically power fantasy minus harem and romance)
    48 Hours a Day (QT/Unlimited flow: main setting is modern world but MC spends most chapters in other, mostly historical settings. No romance as far as translation has gone so far)
    The Legendary Mechanic (reincarnation to VR game world, sci-fi fantasy setting, has late romance with one FL as far as I know)
    SSS-Class Suicide Hunter (haven't read too much of this one, but it consists of some standard KR fare for the setting: LitRPG modern world with a tower. No harem, and it has romance)

jon95 likes this.
  4. 69 others

69 others Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    jon95 likes this.
  5. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know if the novel has the same name, but there’s a manhwa out there with the name: Cultivator against hero society.

The manhwa is still short, so i don’t know if the novel is done or not (or if even has a novel).

jon95 likes this.
  6. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Iiloveme

Iiloveme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My House Of Horror

jon95 likes this.
  8. jon95

jon95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those 2 look promising I just read few chapters and found them interesting I hope they won't change direction half way

were novels i had a very high hope for but I felt that they decreased in quality later so I dropped them

I read those novels before and they were indeed interesting

the description of the novel somewhat discouraged me but I'll read it first before making any rash judgement.

I'm still looking into the others but where can I find those 2
    thanks for your help everyone

aShinyVaporeon likes this.
  9. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Awakening
    NU - https://www.novelupdates.com/series/awakening/comment-page-4/
    MTL - https://www.mtlnovel.com/awakening/

Worm - It was on royalroad before.
    An introverted teenage girl with an unconventional superpower, Taylor goes out in costume to find escape from a deeply unhappy and frustrated civilian life. Her first attempt at taking down a supervillain sees her mistaken for one, thrusting her into the midst of the local ‘cape’ scene’s politics, unwritten rules, and ambiguous morals. As she risks life and limb, Taylor faces the dilemma of having to do the wrong things for the right reasons.
    https://parahumans.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/1-1/

jon95 likes this.
  10. jon95

jon95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read 11 chapters but it seems meaningless just a promotion of how cultivators are stronger than heroes, and the setting of the heroes is totally mindless
    not to mention how ridiculously week, brainless and useless they were made, someone wearing superman's outfit asks the guy to be his pet? is this something a hero would even say? I read it in some wuxai novels where the mc forces others to be his maids, slaves or pets but I never heard or read about a hero saying anything like this
    does the *manhua keep going this way or this is just the opening and it improves later?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  11. Kamuizin

Reading List:
    Link
    I only read the manhwa. The profundity of the story is true a bit shallow, i just indicated as the plot 100% fit your request.

jon95 likes this.
  12. jon95

jon95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry :blobangel: I meant the manhua, so the story become interesting latter? did the author add other characters? or is there any explanation why the heroes act this way? it's supposed to be Action, Adventure, Comedy story but I didn't find any of that in the chapters I read, the fight were not good at all and it wasn't funny either

13. Preethu

Preethu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you can try Solo Leveling, don't know whether it fits your taste. But the development of back ground is really great, I got so hooked that I reread it many times.

jon95 likes this.
  14. jon95

jon95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks but I already read it

15. JFallDesu

JFallDesu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The perfect run on royalroad. Superhero/vilain world, MC has the power to make a save like in video games, and he tries to get his perfect run. Story runs deep, we learn bit by bit what happened in the past etc...

jon95 likes this.
  16. Kamuizin

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as i know it was about to, I stopped reading when some ppl managed to approach the cultivator, he was invited to some random hero school to be a teacher (if i’m not wrong) and planned to use it as a bridge to reform his sect somehow if i remember right (they’re already there to learn to be heroes, why not impart cultivation and teach the dao too?).

I used the manhwa as night reading for a week when i had nothing to do last year, thus i don’t remember much, sorry. In fact i think i will re read it.

jon95 likes this.
  17. jon95

jon95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no problem thanks anyway :)

18. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    jon95 likes this.