Recommendations Looking for new series to read

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by AzureM, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzureM

AzureM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys,

I'd loki to receive some recommendations. I started reading novels since last december.
    Recently, I got into CN and novels that are simiiar to RPG system just like Doulu Dalu, LMS.
    I like that kind o story that the MC have to fight, to struggle to overcome his problems,
    I really don't like the ones that the MC gets OP in an extremely few chapters.

Can Someone help me?

Obs: Sorry for my english, it's not my main language and I'm not good writing it,

2. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    World of Cultivation (no game elements)
    Mushoku Tensei
    Re:Monster
    Martial God Space (no game elements just standard xianxia)
    God and Devil World
    Stellar Transformations

These are a few I recommend other than the standard ones you will hear everywhere like Coiling Dragon, Against the Gods or I Shall Seal the Heavens. All those are good but some require a bit of know-how in xianxia to fully enjoy. Good luck finding some that pleases you :):):)

3. Jr194

Jr194 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also I think there is already a thread somewhere with recommendations on what to read you should probably check that out too.

5. karoman

karoman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    No matter how I see it, Arifureta and Konjiki have MCs who are abnormally OP. Partially the reason I stopped reading them. @AzureM doesn't want MCs who are so OP that they could just blow away all their troubles with a sneeze right?

A Record of a Mortal’s Journey to Immortality, Martial Peak, Ze Tian Ji and Xian Ni, I Shall Seal the Heavens are books where the MC doesn't become OP quickly.However Zi Tian Ji isn't translated very quickly and is really slow paced, so you may not want to read it. Xian Ni may be a little tough to understand, though it's a good story. ISSTH is one of the best stories, just bear with the first 100 or so slow paced chapters. You won't regret it. Like Raphael said, you may need some knowledge about xianxia, but hey, you have to start from somewhere right? Besides, what's the Google sama here for anyway? And you can always ask on the forum or check the glossary on various sites for the meaning of the terms.

superposhposh likes this.
  7. superposhposh

superposhposh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. Adding on to that, if he ever needs to know a reference, or ask for other novels, the subreddit /r/noveltranslations is another great novel community. A huge improvement from /r/lightnovels.

8. zarex97

zarex97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hai to Sensou no Grimgal has game-like system and in terms of characther development is excellent, and as you asked the protagonist and his companions must struggle to over come their problems. It only has 1 and almost 2 novels translated.

Infinity Terror, there is a lof hert-pounding action, it maintains you in a state un uncertainty that is great. It has 10 novels translated until this point (here is the link http://a0132.blogspot.com/p/wxkb.html).

I also recommend Zhan Long, altough the protagonist starts strong you can see that there are people stronger than him and that he improves, although the romance is slow.

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria, but its not action oriented nor has rpg-like settings, although its definetely good.

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, a story about MC with some kind of curse that makes him powerful but not necesarily OP. (It is an world with magic and it has a anime, the bad thing is that the translation of the sequel seems to be on a hiatus)

If you like the "Originals" works I can also recommend a few...

9. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kumo desu ga nani ka? Is a story about a human who reincarnated into spider. The mc got strong after 100 chapter+, but it is still enjoyable, and she does struggle a lot.
    I don't really recommend zhanlong, but if you are (quoting a review) ok with a mc that is an ex-swat member who become bodyguard, enter college, and somehow managed to become top leveled avatar, read it.
    Since you like duoluo dalu, have you checked his other works? It might be a good place to started. My disciple dies yet again is also very interesting.
    Another recommendation
    Dominion’s End
    Sevens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.