Recommendations Looking for novel with a lot of NON-main character reactions

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Mavsynchroid, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Mavsynchroid

Mavsynchroid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey everyone... Yes, I know.. This thread has a very strange title. Let me explain.

It's actually kind of hard to explain. I'm looking for some novels in which when the MC does something amazing, you'll soon get to see a bunch of reactions from random other people. The best way to explain what I mean is by giving examples. For example, I'm Really a Super Star. The MC will do something crazy in one chapter, and then the following chapter will be about how the rest of the world, including both people who knows and random strangers, react to it. For some reason, I really enjoy novels like this, where you get to "witness" all these shocked reactions.

Another example is The Monk That Wanted To Renounce Asceticism. Also, Superstars of Tomorrow. Even Hidden Marriage somewhat fits this example, although not as well as the previous three.

Library of Heaven's Path KIIIIIIIINNND of fits, but it's a little different. That's more of just the people around the MC at the current time reacting. Not exactly what I'm looking for, but it's hard to explain.

Actually, a lot of Japanese novels do something similar, now that I think about it. It's a little different, but with some Japanese novels, the following chapters sometimes actually switch a side character's POV, and re-tell the scene that just happened, only this time including their internal thoughts and reactions. While this is different, it still has the same factor of enjoyment for me. Examples of this would be Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear, and Ascendance of a Bookworm.

I know I'm not giving much to go on, but I really hope someone can understand what I'm trying to explain and help me with finding some new novels, preferably with a lot of translated chapters!! :D

animefan217 likes this.
  2. manga2000

manga2000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Mavsynchroid

Mavsynchroid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

That's not wrong, but it kind of feels a bit off from what I'm looking for. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the Japanese novels and what not, as it seemed to be focused on. For example. in I'm Really a Super Star, while there are times when the POV changes, it still does just a great of a job of showing everyone in the world's shocked reactions by doing things like showing people's comments that they left online.

Grrr... I'm having trouble explaining myself!!! >_<

4. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Overlord, did the a really good side character's POV, make you sympathy to even monsters and bad guys. unless you don't care about them as characters and only want their reactions toward MC like some noise in the background then most CN cultivation novels have that.

edit: so you want face slapping kinda novels.

5. SinCity

SinCity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gourmet Food Supplier kind of fits, but the reaction are more food related. The reaction didn't only came from those who eat the food, but also from blog, forum post, cooking competition etc.

7. aceclover95

aceclover95 『Starry Night Translator』『Ruler of Sloth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Magi's Grandson. You'll absolutely get that reaction, until you sick of it.

An Anime Addict likes this.
  8. Bored_Nick

Bored_Nick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Daken

Daken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand what you mean and enjoy those reactions, galactic garbage station has them and not sure if this fits your taste. Or The Legendary Mechanic.

11. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
  12. TheBlueLaundryBag

TheBlueLaundryBag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. bored nobody

bored nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Please make your reading list public.

I Got Reincarnated And Mistaken As A Genius? - Pretty much every chapter has MC POV and other people's POV

Tilea’s Worries

To Be a Power in the Shadows!

In general, misunderstandings novels are pretty POV heavy

EnerHighwave likes this.
  15. EnerHighwave

EnerHighwave Holy Daugther of Kyuu 8❤️ Speedy's pet Lovely's ❤️

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you could try looking for titles tagged with misunderstanding and multiple POV they tend to use these kind of reactions almost all the time

16. spaceturtle

spaceturtle Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if I quite understand what you're looking for but I thought of Trash of the Count's Family while reading your description.

Cale (MC) sometimes does chivalrous things unknowingly and other character's often react to it. Most of the time, he does things that are in HIS best interest, but the character's perceive it as him being kind-hearted/brave/amazing etc. There aren't any POV changes per say, but there are a lot of (internal) reactions from characters whenever he does something.
    What I find most interesting is that reactions vary between characters. Some think that he's completely innocent and full of pure intentions, some think he's calculating but will ultimately put others before himself, and others see through his facade completely.
    I find characters' reactions to Cale to be one of the most entertaining aspects to the story (especially when half of them misunderstand his actions and the half just sigh internally).

17. Dragiathan

Dragiathan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Emperor's domination fit this

18. Zaroz

Zaroz Existential Lurker Demonic Calamity

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean like in Rebirth of the Godly Prodigal, when it show all of the comments on the internet?

19. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    How has nobody said A Valiant Life?

20. ShadowkingMS

ShadowkingMS [Sheng gi’s Servant][Main Character Failure]

Reading List:
    Link
    Every xianxia, you’ll get about 2 paragraphs of gasping and “that’s impossible’ing” for every action the MC does when not alone.
    But to be serious the only one I can think of fitting your requirements is Lord of Mysteries, and even then it’s not the whole world, because if what he does is known the the whole world, he F’d up.

Fooljastic likes this.