Recommendations Looking for novels Similar to True Martial World

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Pandax, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Pandax

Pandax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello im Looking for novels similar to True Martial World, im talking about the well made writing done by the author/translator, the novel basically have no plot holes in it, every transition of the arc is well planned, the stories/arc/opportunities are well planned and every events are well connected, the MC is not OP even with his defying treasure, there's a logic and rules applied in every aspect of the novel

please suggest and kindly leave a brief synopsis/background because we know that the synopsis of every novel that are posted here is like copy paste of one of another and how many chapters are in it

thank you

2. scalix023

scalix023 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial World, it's written by the same author of TMW, i think...

3. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    The one closest to TMW is of course Martial World..written by the same author. Just check it out !

4. Samsara

Samsara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wu Dong Qian Kun is pretty close to what your looking for from what I have read so far. Doesn't really have a synopsis but it's about a person named Lin Dong a weak child (mostly weak because he doesnt have enough resources to train) from a Branch Family who is bullied, while training in the mountains he finds a special item that helps him train himself.

5. SilverTap

SilverTap Teenage Hand Model

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial World hahaha!

6. Azusky

Azusky Gazing At Moonlight | 50 Shades of Blue

Reading List:
    Link
    What novels have you read so far/enjoyed?

7. LagDeath

LagDeath Comfortable and Impatient

Reading List:
    Link
    Romance of dragon and snakes is well written. Modern wuxia. one review given says everything better than I can.

8. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Wu Dong MC is pretty OP though.....

I'd suggest Martial World as well, but seeing that that's already been suggested, i'd say Totem. The MC doesn't have a real 'cheat'. He was a anatomy professor in his old life, and he uses that knowledge to fight. The first 5-10 chapters.....aren't really good, which is why it has such a low rating, but it improves after that point.

9. Pandax

Pandax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    aside from Martial World? i read it but decided to drop like ISSTH, i find TMW better than MW, maybe MW was his first? thats why his writing in TMW is way way way better? im also reconsidering reading ISSTH again, im weak with slow pace novel but i endured TMW slow pace,

stacking Wu Dong Qian Kun Chapters :D

Samsara likes this.
  10. Samsara

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah he can be called op but it's not like he doesn't pay a price for victories,

11. Samsara

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely try to read ISSTH again

Azusky likes this.
  12. MataMelirik

MataMelirik *wink*wink*

Reading List:
    Link
    Samsara likes this.
  13. jobjohn09

jobjohn09 I'm still NU Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ey guys what the heck's TTNH? I don't wanna make a thread for such a simple question so I guess I'll have to Impose.
    On the other hand you should try

Otherworldy Evil Monarch: He's the Ultimate Assasin from Earth who practices Internal Arts but got transported to other world. No.. He didn't get heaven defying treasures. He doesn't have ridiculous cultivating talent. What he has is his skills grom his past world.

Ze Tian Ji: It's a slow paced Novel with no plotholes, atleast I think I'm not a Critique but yea. It's about a scholar who didn't cultivate but is a genius in Academics and Etiquette and stuff man, He have an illness he wants to cure so he went to the city and cultivate

Jiang Ye: the same with Ze Tian Ji, Except he's a Genius at fighting but can't cultivate, they have the same author, downside is that He has a Maid (a Little girl) whom he works like a horse if the girl isn't active enough she'll die he doesn't want that. And others don't want that

Edit: in otherworldy evil monarch he did get heaven defying treasure, i just forgot because his skills overshadow it

14. Pandax

Pandax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Pandax

Pandax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when i read it i cant understand/imagine/digest maybe im just tired that day so i cant digest well, but as far as i remember im confused about whether is it about modern or past because or ingame or the MC have 2 personalities, i only read the beginning

16. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    My suggestions are
    https://yoraikun.wordpress.com/tny-chapters/
    MC is one of the summoned heroes but is given the shield which has only defense and very limited offense. King and local religion hate the Shield Hero and cause his life to be miserable. After recovering from despair, MC goes around fixing the mistakes of the other "good" heroes and actually does good for the world (that originally tried to kill him). The story is completed.

https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Mushoku_Tensei
    MC is reincarnated as a child of low noble family. Retains memories and perverted tendencies from his previous otaku life, but decides to actually try this life and begins to learn magic as child. Discovers that he has cheat level magic powers (due to a major spoiler reasons) but is still an actual child to society. Fate causes him to go through several harsh challenges (where his powers can't save everyone) as he grows up into a man. Has the best description of an actual committed and realistic harem (three wives whom all live as family and raise their children together). The story is completed.

http://mike777ac.com/hardcore-op-ness/
    MC wakes up as the only player in a highly realistic VRMMO. MC decides to become the most OP creature in existence, but is lead around by the world's various goddesses (i.e. GMs of the game) in order to keep themselves entertained. Eventually, MC does meet several NPC companions (whom are related to the goddess but the NPCs don't know that right away) that travel with him onto OP greatness (however there are always bigger fish in the sea/universe). This story has all the features you would expect of a modern day MMORPG such as leveling, racial evolution, quests, dungeons,raids, battlegrounds, factions, professions, skills, etc. Warning very 18+ for graphic violence and gore, frank humor (one of the enemies is Long Dong Sect), explicit and prevalent sexual content of many fetishes (necrophilia, vore, hardcore S&M, hate sex, vore, shota, bestiality, tons of monster-girl sex). The main characters do evolve into more monstrous races over time and sexual intercourse is one method for stat growth (and main characters are all power-gamer characters) so you are warned.

17. nhanat

nhanat Human Lv. 4

Reading List:
    Link
    this series is what i thought as having similar feeling to TMW
    Martial world ->same author!
    demon's diary ->not your typical stupid xianxia >.<

enjoy