Recommendations Looking for novels with More Wuxia Than Xianxia and Good Sects Vs Evil Sects

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Storydiver, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Storydiver

Storydiver New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am looking for novels similar to :
    Zhu Xian
    King Shura
    THE SWORD OF EMPEROR

Manga , Manhwa , Manhua examples :
    RULER OF THE LAND
    Gosu

King of hell
    YONGBI
    CHUNRANGYULJUN

I Know most of this stuff is korean but what i am looking for is chinese web novel similar to Zhu Xian ( it was the first Xianxia type novel that i read ) the other stuff is here to give a example for the genre i am looking for.

Its not important if the the novel is not translated to english i find that most chinese web novels are very readable with google translate ( compared to japanese or korean stuff that are extremely hard to read with it) .

PS other random Xianxia novel that i like :
    Against the Gods (the best xianxia i have read)
    Martial God Asura (a very good flow between different skill types)
    Tales of Demons & Gods (a MC who actually uses his reincarnation knowledge )
    Chaotic Sword God ( the second best i have read)
    Demon’s Diary ( a good start but then turns somewhat average )
    Jiange Ye (very good but very dense , hard to read with google )
    Stellar Transformations ( has some good story arcs)
    Desolate Era (MC just cant get a break with his revenge )
    Conquest ( not really xianxia but interesting )

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    Fred7gold likes this.
  2. Evertime

Evertime Dungeonmaster Daoist

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Risus

Risus ✵ Enigmatic Poet ✵ Tiger ✵ Reese's ✵

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
  5. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    We must convert this fellow daoist. He cannot stay ignorant like this. I'm afraid he will die a ignoramus if we don't teach him the art of counting from one to three.

Evertime, sumguy, Poor_Hero and 4 others like this.
  6. Sindaregion

Sindaregion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want strait up Wuxia, go for Legend of the Condor Heroes 1&2 (I actually watched 1 lol, read 2–couldn't watch it, book much better), The Smiling Proud Wanderer, etc. Lots of good stuff on spcnet.

If you want a Wuxia flavored Xianxia, I would highly recommend The Nine Cauldrons. That's the book that IET said he had done lots of plot for after Coiling Dragon (and yes, despite it being a reincarnation story it's not cliché and the reincarnation doesn't just serve as a plot vehicle for xtra op-ness, but as character building). I'm really liking it, but the translator for it recently left. I hope it gets picked up again… Still, since it's an IET work there's a good chance it'll be picked up again, so it's worth reading.

Shio and Risus like this.
  7. Risus

Risus ✵ Enigmatic Poet ✵ Tiger ✵ Reese's ✵

Reading List:
    Link
    I was really growin to love that story, TNC
    TT^TT

8. Sindaregion

Sindaregion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, real pity and IET from what I understand isn't that hard to translate since it's written fairly basically (compared to stuff like Er Gen, lol). I actually read the machine translation until the end of volume 1 (or 3, since volume 1 is what translator is considering vol 1-3 due to differences in numbering), then it started becoming incomprehensible, but it was so fucking awesome.

Risus likes this.
  9. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    dude, if you're looking for wuxia, you need to try Wicked Soldier King. its pretty freaking awesome.

Risus likes this.
  10. Fred7gold

Fred7gold Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Risus likes this.
  11. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    WAIT!!

Sory, but i dont know how to put in spoilers. So, if anyone hasnt read Martial Odyssey, DONT READ AHEAD. You have been warned.

Alright. Good suggestions dude. I agree with all but martial odyssey. The guy is OP,sure, and his past lives are cool, but he has around twenty in his harem. I cant remember any but the first ten. i like the white haired girl who he had a kid with but the others except the heaveness, his first wife, the one girl who "killed" her, and the girl who was nealy dead when they met, are ones i dont take time to remember. All the others except those i mentioned are mostly a blur and i only remember their personalities. i stopped on book. . . three or four.

The guy is a cool MC, the typical righteous type and he has awesome weapons later on, but he doesnt seem to push his ideals onto others. i like him, but he isnt as smart or cool as his past incarnations and is kinda fucking dense. overall, the novel isnt bad, but i will not waste brain cells trying to remember the women's names. My advice to anyone wanting to read it, call them girl 1 -20 in the order they appear. much easier that way. kinda sexist, but trust me. it will save you a huge headache and you wont have to flip tables cursing at the author for making so many heroines.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    Fred7gold likes this.
  12. Storydiver

Storydiver New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks recommendation i shall research them , but what i am looking for is somewhat specific xianxia but with true good and evil sects and most importantly not with the endless level ups , with no real story or character development , that plague most xianxia novels . Lets be honest most MC when they level up go trough the same routine over and over again : ascend to higher realm , find a new school, start at the bottom , be taken as disciple to some old master ( who is totally irrelevant because the MC cultivates right past him ) , have some type of competition , win it , cultivate up , and ascend again at witch point his right back at were he started . Martial God Asura is especially guilty of that , but at leat it has a very good flow between combat skills .

Sorry for the rant got little carried away there , but the point is that i hate loop of cultivation where there is no character development .

To answer Risus about Colling Dragon it started out good with magic and sculpting idea was very cool but as soon as the MC got his dragon form magic was totally forgotten and it degenerated into typical cultivationism and by the book 10 i felt that what the MC really wanted to do , was to sit in a blank room for a 100 years and do closed door training instead of advancing the story ( prehabs that was a little harsh but i really didnt like that the magic was thrown out , like it was ) .

PS : Cupcake Ninja have u read So What if it’s an RPG World as the Founder of the Holy Loli Empire u might like it.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  13. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    hehe, i have read up to when volume six i think. when the international tounament is gonna happen and he meets some of the other players and talks about how far back the older players go. But i kinda neglected it. i really need to read it more. welp, i think this calls for some binge reading, dont you? :) hehehe~

Here, you can have this. *hands over card*

I like you kid, you can enter my land at any time! hehehe, enjoy the lolies, but remember the one rule!

14. Storydiver

Storydiver New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i read martial odyssey till the MC was about to ascend and leave most of his harem behind , then i got bored , i have to admit that the begining of martial odyssey is very good and almost the exact thing i am looking for here in this post (i was disappointed with finding out that all of his harem were his friends in the past life , it would have been much cooler if they were enemy's instead )

15. Storydiver

Storydiver New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    warrior accross time i cant seem to find it
    about A Step into the Past the MC had all of his future knowledge and training didnt to nothing with them ( a totall failure as a time traveler in my opinion )

16. Fred7gold

Fred7gold Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He train the mohism art and the long saber to get at the level of ancient martial artist, I think to adventure was funny to read, how he could not change the overall plot of history, it was a surprising ending for me ^^ if i find the link I will send you, for warrior accross time