Discussion Looking for old anime

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    So looking for an old anime I watched as a kid on VHS. This anime had a FLCL and DevilMan feel to it. Don't remember how it starts but I remember key points. A lil boy finds an older girl who has a feral animal like personality. He takes the girl to a abandoned building feeding her and taking care of her. I remember there was a large fight taking place in a hospital with the little girl fighting against armed forces. I believe the girl was a geneticly engenieered cyborg. I towards the end the girl fly's away from an exploding backdrop. I think it's title may have had blue in it's name? But that may have been an ad for Blue gender or something else with blue in it's name

2. Dolfitos

Dolfitos 『Kingsize』 『Jason of N.U.F』

Reading List:
    Link
    Your description remembers me slightly of elfen lied, but i don't think that's it.

EDIT: just googled it and maybe it's perfect blue?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    grinz and hungry_machiavellian like this.
  3. hungry_machiavellian

hungry_machiavellian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Ruroini Kenshin and Inuyasha

5. clupean

clupean Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nuku nuku?

TypeFantasyHeart likes this.
  6. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    http://animeheaven.eu/
    Genocyber - Dubbed

However many years later a strange young girl named Elaine escapes the Kuryu research facility. Confronted with hostile gangs, hunted by cybernetic agents, and other strange members of the Kuryu group she is forced to become the Genocyber, the first Vajura. Confronted again and again with the experiments of the Kyuryu group and the inhumanities of mankind, she has no choice but to continue to fight, but at what cost?

Okuri Ookami, anon and justmehere like this.
  7. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people just dont read what other people asks of them.....

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  8. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mmmm..... i too was thinking of nuku nuku and elfen lied, now im curious

9. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe it as Genocyber as stated by @Zalpha. .
    that description is pretty close to what you remember. . .
    well Chobits is also an android or automata but well. . . she ain't feral like. . . and hell that magician from Tsubasa Chronicles will get angry at you. .

oh yeah, since you watched it on a VHS . . . then it is just a movie long anime right?
    or is that VHS just a record from a TV series?

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  10. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Battle Angel maybe? It was imported to the USA and UK in the mid 1990 so it would have been on VHS

cockroachantonio likes this.
  11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
  12. nehpets747

nehpets747 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    s he scavenges the Zalem dump heap for useful parts, cyberphysician Daisuke Ido comes across the remains of a female cyborg, who is still alive. Ido takes her home and decides to restore her, transferring her into a new cyborg body.

Shortly after, the cyborg, now called Gally, becomes interested in Yugo, a local boy who is performing maintenance work for Ido. After Ido returns home late that night, the following day Gally notices his injured arm, which he explains away as the result of a fall. After introducing herself to Yugo, he convinces her to go with him and the two leave just as Chiren arrives.

Yugo and Gally try to climb onto the roof of an abandoned factory, but they both fall. Instinctively, Gally manages to catch Yugo and land safely. On the roof, they contemplate Zalem as Yugo discusses his interest in the floating city. Gally makes her interest in him known, but Yugo's obsession with Zalem blinds him to this.

Ido and Chiren go out for a drink. Chiren is obsessed with returning to Zalem, and views being in Scrap Iron City and Ido's acceptance of his lot in life as a waste. He warns her not to get involved with The Factory, and says he has no regrets about what happened in Zalem.

That night, Gally is awakened by Ido going out. Curious, she decides to follow. Elsewhere in Scrap Iron City, a lone woman on her way home runs into the criminals Rasha and Grewcica. Before they can do anything to her, Ido appears and attacks Rasha with his rocket hammer, slicing off his left arm, but getting stabbed in the shoulder. Gally then arrives, killing Rasha by punching his head off. Grewcica, enraged at Rasha's death, manages to deflect one of Ido's attacks. He then fights Gally, who slices off his right arm with a kick before knocking him into the sewers. Surprised at Gally's abilities, Ido also notices her bloodlust and regret at not being able to finish Grewcica off.

Ido takes Rasha's head to The Factory to collect the bounty, explaining the nature of his work as a hunter-warrior. Gally, realizing that something has awakened within her, decides to become one as well, but Ido will have none of it, so she runs off.

After sealing their deal with sex, Vector tells Chiren that her part of the bargain involves upgrading the coliseum gladiators. Soon after, a damaged Grewcica arrives at Chiren's apartment, begging for help. His mention of Ido and Gally catches Chiren's attention.

The next day, Ido realizes that Gally's life is hers to lead, but wonder if her desire to follow him as a hunter/warrior is a result of some residual memory. Gally returns to The Factory and registers herself as a hunter-warrior, but when she asks about Zalem, the only answer she gets is "no comment". In the meantime, Chiren starts to rebuild and upgrade Grewcica to defeat Gally. Gally returns to Ido's, where he accepts her decision to become a hunter-warrior. That night, they head out to Bar Kansas, while elsewhere in Scrap Iron City, Yugo robs a cyborg of his spinal column.

Just as they arrive at Bar Kansas, Gally and Ido are confronted by a newly-rebuilt and upgraded Grewcica, who uses a cutter installed in one of his fingertips to shred a stray dog that Gally picked-up to pieces. Without help from the other hunter-warriors, Gally accepts Grewcica's challenge. Chiren then appears, wondering which of the two cyborgs will prevail.

The scene shifts to the Zalem dump heap, where Gally and Grewcica's fight is watched by Ido, Chiren, and an unnamed hunter-warrior (Gime). Grewcica has an initial advantage, but Gally is able to dodge his subsequent attacks. Using her superior speed and ability to generate plasma, she first disables one, then both of Grewcica's arms before slicing him in two, killing him. Chiren hysterically acknowledges her loss, but vows vengeance. As they leave the dump heap, Gally assures Ido that she will still remain Gally no matter how much she changes.

13. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep this is it. Didn't know it was actually as old as me lol go figure

14. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    It was genocyber like the other person said I know it was an official release I just couldn't figure the name. I watched so many none age appropriate movies as a kid. Maybe it would have helped if I said black lion instead of devil man?

15. Enchantress

Enchantress Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zenki hahahaha

Lee17 likes this.
  16. Enchantress

Enchantress Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Naruto XD

EternalLuna and Lee17 like this.