Recommendations Looking for published english romance novels with male yandere trope

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by FrontalDagger, Jun 7, 2020.

1. FrontalDagger

FrontalDagger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure whether asking for published English novel is allowed here but asking for published English novel with light novel trope at regular book forums is quite hard as people don't understand the typical tags and tropes lol. Anyway it's day 90 something of quarantine, I'm running out of series to read as I've read most of the series under -Male Yandere- tag.

Looking for:
    • PUBLISHED NOVEL IN ENGLISH, not light novel - one I can buy on kindle/amazon/bookstore
    • Obsessive possessive but doting and devoted ML
    • Not damsel in distress FL
    • BxG
    • Angst and diabetes inducing fluff
    Good to have but not necessary:
    • Have plotting and scheming/action/depiction of cruelty/smut trope - a bit mature-ish theme than your typical shoujo
    • Fantasy/historical/royalty/nobility setting
    Light Novels examples:
    I have yet to find similar theme in published english novels and sifting through goodreads "Possessive Male" lists is proved fruitless as there's a difference between western possessiveness trope vs I'll kill you or every man around you yandere trope.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  2. lazykitty_99

lazykitty_99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You've got the wrong house villian (he is yandre but in front of fl hasn't shown yet according to translations)

3. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    In other words, you're looking for a psychotic MC?

4. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    While not yandere, I suggest Susan Copperfield’s Royal States novels and RJ Blaine’s Magical Romantic Comedy With a Body Count series (which are written by the same person under two pen names). They have everything you want except the ‘I’ll kill you’, which is truly hard to find in English novels. That said, the FL kicks ass and the ML is possessive as all get out. They just present it differently in each novel.

FrontalDagger likes this.
  5. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    50 Shades of Grey

6. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    - Christine Feehan - This author writes a lot of fantasy/ paranormal novels with obsessive/ possessive heroes. You can try her Carpathian series.

- Suzanne Wright - Paranormal/ Fantasy novels with obsessive/ possessive male leads. You can try her Dark In You series. But most of her books feature crazy in love MLs and badass FLs

- Ilona Andrews - Hidden Legacy series (Fantasy romance). One of the best romance books I have ever read. A large part of the books features action scenes by THE BESTEST BADASS heroine I have ever come across. Romance is a bit slow, doesn't start until the second book in the series but the world building, the thrilling action etc is pretty good.

- Alexa Reily - Author who writes short eroticas featuring imo yandere male leads. Her books are good if you want to read an explicit romance.

- Anna Zaires - All her books feature yandere/ crazed male leads. But be prepared for dub-con/ kidnapping/ stupid FLs etc

- Lisa Marie Rice - She writes military/ police male leads with delicately beautiful but brave female leads. A slow, sweet drop. Plus the MLs are always obsessively in love without any of the abusive crap. Most of the possessiveness gets translated in their sex life lol

- Lynda Chance - Almost yandere male leads. Features young characters. Very sweet romances/ no abuse

- In Death series by J. D. Robb - It doesn't fit the above theme but the FL (Eve Dallas) is a superb cop and her hot Irish gazzillionaire husband Roarke with his shaky morals make THE BEST COUPLE in any novels or movies I have read/ seen. 40+ books in this series and most are completely filled with police procedure and homicide investigation and a FL who scares the shit out of everyone and kicks ass like a boxing master.

I will add more if I remember ~~~ Enjoy

Edit - U can try this site - https://www.romance.io/
    It allows u to refine search and tags include possessive hero.

Be very careful when u search the Google or website coz I have come across some really sick shit that even turned me off novels completely for months. Urghhh.

7. mahina

mahina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I second Ilona Andrews.

I also recommend Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

FrontalDagger likes this.