Recommendations Looking for recommendations.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Lebrew, Jun 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Lebrew

Lebrew Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I read xianxia or other novels, the main factor that pulls me in is an interesting world or interesting powers and abilities. What makes me stop reading however, is when the main character gets too annoying and I simply can't keep reading out of pure annoyance. Example is Yun Che from ATG, with how there is no finesse whatsoever and he has act all mighty and arrogant and singlehandedly fight anyone who even looks rudely at him. On the other side of the spectrum there is Seven where Lyle is not allowed to have even a shred of dignity, and i get embarrassed on his behalf.

What I'm looking for is something with interesting world and powers, with an MC that is not overly arrogant, but at the same time not outright pathetic. I think intelligent and flexible are good words to describe the type of MC I'm looking for.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
    Enryu022 likes this.
  2. EvilDevil

EvilDevil Guardian Devil

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Midnight2010

Midnight2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgotten Conqueror?
    I like the mc very much.He's not arrogant and you won't see anything like pathetic in him.

4. ln_

ln_ All hail Master Roshi

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, I feel it bad when the main character becomes too self-centered. I mean, fights are nice and all but there is a limit to the number of revenge plots I can bear. Revenge plots need to be spaced well with some amount of world building.

In many good novels like Legend of the Sun Knight, you can see there are lot of other people who are good at their own things. So I would recommend this novel with a resounding thump for you.

Similarly, the great and wonderous Hime - our beloved Altina is also awesome. [Altina the Sword Princess]

Oh wait, nobody can forget ge. Lets die by Jingshi and take others with us using Jingzhi. [World of Cultivation]

There is one more MC from Rokka no Yuusha who deserves some attention. But I would say Rokka's MC is not the highlight. The plot is better than the MC.

5. Randomness

Randomness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Fjadir

Fjadir Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ze Tian Ji (Way of choices) - MC is very different from most xianxia/xuanhuan MCs but there hasn't been much of fighting.
    Obligatory recommendation of ISSTH.

7. Enryu022

Enryu022 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    The Amber Sword