Recommendations looking for some Isekai recommendation with a good MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Guide1410, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi I’m looking for some isekai recommendation where MC gets isekai’d then gets stronger and has a goal. reincarnation, trapped in a game, reborn, transmigration, even otome maybe is fine. lightnovel, web novel, manhwa, manga, novel, any form is fine.
    it would be great if it had just one of these types I’m looking for:
    • no stupid harem where they cling to MC and beg for attention.
    • Strong MC, female or male is fine. just the MC shouldn’t be like those MC’s that gets isekaid and then he gets stupidly greedy or cowardly runs away.
    • OP characters are fine.
    • If possible no romance, or if it has romance I want it to have a lot of fighting
    • I would prefer it if it’s being translated frequently or already completely translated
    • I want the MC to actually have a purpose or goal, running away, returning to original world, conquering the world , defeating someone, beating everyone up, or anything.
    I would really really love it if the MC is evil. or if it’s comedy.
    and some isekai’s that I liked,
    I Said Make My Abilities Average!
    Dungeon Defense
    To Deprive a Deprived Person
    Clearing an Isekai with the Zero-Believers Goddess – The Weakest Mage among the Classmates (WN)
    The New Gate (LN)
    Ecstas Online

2. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
  3. ImperialNero

ImperialNero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kingdom's bloodline is the best cn novel i've ever read. No stupid harem, only pure scheming mc

Guide1410 likes this.
  4. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Manuke FPS.
    Despite the harem tag, mc only goes for 1 girl.
    Lotsa fighting, he's overpowered... translations are pretty spaced out. Its a completed novel as well.

Guide1410 likes this.
  5. killking

killking Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When you liked Dungeon Defense you will Probably also enjoy Your and My Asylum. Also a bit darker, but not as dark. Also by the same translator (great quality). Also a recommendation for a darker one is Kuro no Maou but this is more fighting and less scheming.

Another recommendation for the comedy route from me is Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?. It has also one of the best worldbuildings i have ever seen in Novels, due to the sidestorys that happen somewhere, sometime else and everything in the end intervienes with the main story. Feels really rewarding when you see something setup like a 100 chapters ago and u know exactly whats going on here ^^

When you want something more light maybe Evil God Average or Kenshi o Mezashite Nyūgaku Shitanoni Mahō Tekisei 9999. Those are simmilar to average ability

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    Guide1410 likes this.
  6. ANP008

ANP008 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My recommendation bellow is an original novel from Royal Road and Scribble Hub
    Azarinth Healer = Isekai, Weak to Strong in the process to become OP, Female MC, No Romance, A lot of fighting, 600 chapter update 4 chapter a week.
    Delve = Isekai, Weak to Strong but not OP, Male MC, No Romance as of chapter 127, Update 1 chapter a week.
    The Simulacrum = Not Isekai(I recommend reading the synopsis first), Comedy, Strong MC, Male MC, Have 2 girlfriends, Update 2 Chapters/month but each chapter quite long.

GabeZhul and Guide1410 like this.
  7. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Chen Yue Zhi Yao (though the MC doesn’t start with a goal; it forms later as the plot develops).

Guide1410 likes this.
  8. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, this might not fit as its regression after isekai but Reverend Insanity is good if you're looking for a person with a goal and no love interests. Lord of the Mysteries and Isaac are pretty good isekais too. Isaac dosen't really have that much of a goal though.

9. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://mangadex.org/title/61226/the-way-to-protect-the-female-lead-s-older-brother
    The mc transmigrate as a canon fodder in a 19 + dark fantazy reverse harem novel , it have a reverse harem tag but it's 1 v 1 it's more that the other two are obssessed with her but not in that way ( their her step brother and their no incest). She transmigrate in the body of a member of a villainous family who kidnapp the heroine brother and this led to their downfall, her goal is to protect him to avoid her death. It's interresting and the mc is stong and smart. She's a cool mc. There romance but it's slow burn .