Recommendations Looking for Technological Gap Novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by alamptr, Mar 14, 2018.

1. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
  2. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    alamptr likes this.
  3. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Translation is still catching up and there's a lot to read, besides it's probably the only good novel from all other recommendations you got here.

4. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    The author went and stopped, but the TLer still has 100+ chapters to go 'til that point

5. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
  6. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he got banned like IRAS...well not really banned but it's taken down and he cant update it anymore cus he doesn't wanna remove the adult stuff.

the author says he wants to continue thou unlike IRAS who basically said 'fuck it' but...yea not happening

7. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    What I heard was that he wanted adult content, someone else didn't, told him to remove it and no more in the future and he said something like he wouldn't be able to write a good novel without that or something, so he just stopped.

And considering the MC's women...I can understand that

8. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not really the same thing but yet the same thing...
    anyway what happened is the regulations banned adult and violent content on webnovels and also some supernatural stuff. so far thou they are only working on the adult content and sites/authors HAVE to remove the adult content in their novels. there was lots of ppl QQ about it last year before the WW/Qi thing.

the novel already has lots of adult content (for example, the orgy..) and he is required to REMOVE these scenes because it is the law now (and cannot write anymore adult content).

the author said f*** u. im not removing it from my novel so the site banned him (rmb, web authors are hobbyist and not professional authors). the author made a statement online saying he wants to continue, but the novel requires such scenes cus of the nature of the novel (he's right, but its the law) so anyway, yea he cant continue...he can post chapters on some bbs and/or bypass the great wall of china but yea...its unlikely it'll be continued

anyway like i posted on this issue when people were talking about it, you can't blame the chinese government for doing this because children do READ these. do you want a 6 year old to read about orgy, rape, torture and mass killings?

sites like 17k,qi and so on in china don't have age restrictions cus it's essentially a blogsite for hobbyist to write stories.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  9. DZ_Spellcaster

DZ_Spellcaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't all Xuanhuan and Xianxia concerning supernatural stuff? And now the law forbade supernatural stuff?

10. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Phoenix Destiny has this to a limited extent. There's also a decent chance that it will become more prominent in later chapters.

Throne of Magical Arcana has the MC bringing various scientific discoveries from Earth and adapting them to a scientifically inspired magic system. It's not even close to being as exaggerated as something like Mechanical God Emperor though.

Crossing to the Future, it’s Not Easy to Be a Man qualifies twice in a way. The MC transmigrates to a much more advanced society, but does so with a portable teacher type cheat that is from an even more advanced society. So, tech gaps all around really.

A Hero's War is similar to ToMA, but takes it much farther, faster. Updates are sporadic though.

alamptr likes this.
  11. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Already read Throne of Magical Arcana. Like it so much.

Hero's war had hiatus tag in rrl. I think i will wait till it complete first.

Wow, Crossing the future has 4.8/5 rating
    Thats realy high for qidian novel. I will read it first.

12. MengHaoDS

MengHaoDS 《Debt Collector》《Money Lover》《Virgin Ancestor》

Reading List:
    Link
    (ISSTH) I Shall Seal the Heavens - Meng Hao has a Loan shark business with 50% compunded interest and he made a skill just for that.. since it is a loan shark he acts like a gentleman if you were a good debtor but a thug if you're a delinquent one.

13. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no tech gap in ISSTH. It's not a bad series, but it doesn't meet the criteria all.