Recommendations Looking for thrilling GL, Yuri, and/or Shoujo-ai

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by kaizerrolls, Jun 25, 2019.

1. kaizerrolls

kaizerrolls Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I'm looking for a thrilling a GL/yuri/shoujo-ai to pick up and translate. I'm thinking something that's exciting/not fluffy but also doesn't end tragically. I know these examples are not novels, but here are some examples of what I mean by "thrilling" or "exciting":
    • The Handmaiden directed by Park Chan-wook
    • Killing Eve from BBC America
    • Snotgirl by Bryan Lee O'Malley (even though MC is bi, it's fine.)
    • It'd Be Great If You Didn't Exist! by Carbonara (not as thrilling as the ones listed above, but I'll take it)
    It has to be in Chinese and preferably completed in under 200 chapters.

Thank you!!

2. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If not for @Moonpearl, I'll miss this post.

Most recommendations that could give at least are this two people - @Yandere Devil, and @Opfeminist. They are in raws like fish in water.

Yandere Devil at least will suggest Living in the Last Days and maybe something more, so you should wait for person in question to suggest more.

Opfeminist also made some threads in looking to pickup novels:
    [GL] Princess is forgiving
    Willing to Hook (GL)

So you should at least try to see those.

Personally I'll suggest Quick Transmigration – Villain Walkthrough. Raws of it I'm currently chewing through.

p.s.
    This post is in middle of nowhere. yuri community is not that widespread at least to cover all forum (it will be nice though).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  3. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ubik
    What I do is I bookmark the yuri tag so I see if someone post something that’s related to yuri since I don’t go to ‘Yuri Garden’ that often.
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/tags/yuri/
    I saw this thread but since I didn’t have any recommendation, I didn’t say anything.

Ubik and kaizerrolls like this.
  4. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    If I were to recommend something, I would say ‘Considering the Possibility of Falling in Love With the Villain’ aka ‘论与魔王恋爱的可能性’
    Link: https://www.lewenxiaoshuo.com/books/lunyumowanglianaidikenengxing_GL_/
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2228384
    Translator: https://xtrawhippedcream.blog/2018/11/18/teaser-chapter-1-1/
    It’s a good Chinese novel overall, lot of action scenes. Many ups and downs. More than I wanted even. You might like it
    But the ending really really left me dissatisfied. One of them died for power I think, so they weren’t together in the end. Because of this, I feel nervous when I read Chinese yuri novels.

Ubik and kaizerrolls like this.
  5. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Please pick living in the last day best yuri rebirth novel

AsianessPride, Ubik and kaizerrolls like this.
  6. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Here modern, happy end, sweet funny
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...ess-held-me-in-the-palm-of-her-hand-gl.78578/

Ancient, history, revenge, intense novel cause female lead is her love rival. She love mc very much. Happy end
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/after-the-abolition-rebirth-gl.74559/
    Modern, Mc as author crossed into her own abused book as side character, interesting novel
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/gl-never-dare-to-abuse-the-female-protagonist-again.78368/

7. kaizerrolls

kaizerrolls Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your recommendations @Ubik @Opfeminist @Yandere Devil :aww: I will check them out this weekend.

I've been considering a few titles. Now, I haven't read any chapters yet (I'm going to make some time for them this weekend). But, do you have any thoughts on these?
    There are a few more titles, but I'm more on the fence with those so I won't bother listing them. However, if you're really curious I can add them here.

AsianessPride and Yandere Devil like this.
  8. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    First and second summary look interesting.

AsianessPride and Ubik like this.
  9. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    I find the second one most interesting, although that third women in the description sends me ‘love triangle’ feels.

Ubik likes this.
  10. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    However, if you were to translate something to my taste, please pick up ‘After the abolition‘ or ‘Poison Doctor chasing Wife’, they are my one of my most favorite novels

Melina Red and Ubik like this.
  11. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For person who didn't have any recommendation you gave very plenty of it. :blobrofl::blobcheeky:

Still hadn't read it fully.
    But don't at least MC was saved by her lover in the end? Or there are multiple ones? Names and MTL of them can be very mind wrecking
    First is ongoing and looks like relationship drama that unknown how it will end.
    Second looks like thriller detective story about maniac. But hypnosis in tags....
    Third one looks interesting. It looks like anti-hero story judging from those protagonists. I'll put it in MTL queue at least.

AsianessPride likes this.
  12. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    The situation was that the Mc and love interest were together for a while the beginning but then they were attacked by something they couldn’t defeat and the Mc either sacrificed herself or fell and they were separated. Mc spend years searching for love interest and gotten strong in the process. The love interest became ruler of an amazing and powerful army. The Mc made a deal with this illusionist women who offered to help her find the love interest if she worked for her. Mc agreed. The love interest and Mc met again when love interest wanted to ‘buy’ Mc but at the time Mc didn’t know why the all-powerful ruler wanted to buy her and she was sold to her in the end by that illusionist. There were some cute scenes in between. Mc training and getting stronger. But then the trial of inheritance happened. Mc somehow received the blood of the Phoenix and whatnot. I forgot what happened after that but I remember that scenes where Mc stood by herself in the end. Reminiscing or something

Ubik likes this.
  13. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read many many Chinese yuri novels that I want to be translated but I didn’t consider them to be thrilling. Since every story has their fair share of drama.

Actually, I have another recommendation for the translator. There’s this yuri Chinese novel that I’m in love with right now!
    铁狱迷情(GL监狱)
    https://www.256wx.com/read/8934/1.html

Which is a romance between a prison director of an all-women’s prison and a lv.8 prisoner who was a drug lord. There’s a lot of sexual tension in the beginning, like a lot a lot, but it slowly turned into something more. The prisoner fell in love first and provoked the director sexually everyday for two years. But they are destined to be together because of their status but when the prisoner was given the chance to set free if she didn’t some dangerous criminal work for the police, she took it. They were given their own apartment and privacy, and the lovely-dovely scenes increased. There are two both couples as well. Both every nice. That’s where I am right now.
    P.s. lv.8 is the floor for the most dangerous prisoners and criminals.
    1st couple: prison director x lv.8 prisoner
    2nd couple: prison doctor x 18yo innocent prisoner
    3rd couple: powerful Loli x dizzy aggressive fighter

Ubik likes this.
  14. Melina Red

Melina Red Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yandere Devil and AsianessPride like this.
  15. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Abolition after Rebirth is an amazing Chinese yuri novel, probably in my top 5.
    The ending was amazing and there were quite a few arcs. In her the past life, the Mc was in love with the male lead and tried all means to be with him but was ignore and ended up leading her family to ruin. The male lead married the love interest and lived happily ever after while past Mc lived in agony. After she reincarnated, she made attempts to befriend the love interest so she have her marry her brother and protect the family. It worked but things took a turn. The love interest was more interest in Mc than anybody else, whether it was her cold beauty or temperament. The love interest did marry in, however, she was 2-3 years too young to move in the brother so she said with Mc in that time. They’ve gotten very close in that time.

P.s (I’ve only been summarizing, hope this isn’t considered spoiling)

Yandere Devil and Ubik like this.
  16. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, after that summary don't think I'll mtl it, but still will read if it will be translated
    Drama could be thrilling too, if story is exiting and not fluffy (OP requirements) mostly all recommendations passed.
    And this one I will take to MTL list. Looks like fun and not long.

Yandere Devil likes this.