Recommendations Looking for "villainess" novels with a little more seriousness

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by midori93, Apr 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. midori93

midori93 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean most of them feels light and frivolous with happy-go-lucky protagonists.
    I am looking for atleast a little more serious stories.
    a good example would be:
    I reincarnated as a noble girl villainess but why did it turn out this way

It does not matter if the protagonist was/would be a real villainess or just someone with a very bad reputation
    The recommendations can be any type of translated story (chinese/korean/etc.) or even original webstories.

Its not important but It would be a bonus if the protagonist has trust issues (I mean in most of these stories the protagonist has foreknowledge that several people would abandon/betray/kill them, So I think it would be normal)

Siul16 likes this.
  2. InspiritTillInfinity

InspiritTillInfinity Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Reak

Reak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if these fit well enough for your request, as I don't pay much attention to frivolity in what I read, but I suspect these two are the two closest I can make to your request.

Fluvia Dellarose was an Otome Game's Villain. MC was a single mother who reincarnated into a minor villainess who took the blame for the main villainess's actions against the game's protagonist, and was executed at the end of the game due to learning an illegal magic. MC knows this due to her daughter's obsession with the game with endless fanfic potential (due to hanging plot threads, and details like the person who the MC reincarnated into only having about 2 lines in the entire game, despite her execution at the end making it seem like she should have been important). MC reincarnates as Fluvia when she was a young child who had just had a fever that lost her a significant amount of her "magic potential", something that, in the game, was what eventually lead her to learn the illegal magic. Author Notes give additional information on the differences between how the two worlds develop, and has included a comment that the Author intends for the story to showcase how a small change can have large effects.

Duke's Daughter who is Liable to Die, and Seven Nobels. MC reincarnates as a character that is introduced as a typical Otome Game Villainess. However, the game isn't a typical Otome Game, and said Villainess is killed by one of the 8? (can't remember the specific number) randomized Murder Mystery Plots the Otome Game has as an introduction to the plot. MC can't even find and befriend the Game's Main Character, as their backstory is randomized as well. So the MC decides to go out and stop as many of the potential dangers to her life before she goes to school, starting the Otome Game Story, as she can. Unfortunately, MC hadn't had the chance to complete all the major paths for the game, and thus only knows specific details for half of the threats to her life. What, boys? Caring about that can wait until I'm no longer under the constant threat of death.

6. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link