Discussion Lookism (Webtoon)

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by FlufflyLittleRabbit, Sep 21, 2022.

1. FlufflyLittleRabbit

FlufflyLittleRabbit Fluff...Fluffy....FLUFFYYYYY!

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd reread this manhwa again after I saw it already has more than 400 chapters and already catch up with the newest chapter.
    Honestly, I really like the story but is it only me who misses the old days when they don't have many worries? There are also a lot of characters I really miss like Jay, Zoe, and Mira. They don't show up anymore. I also miss Zack wagging his tail whenever he faces Mira... :(:blobcry:
    What about you guys?

lostross and hypersniper159 like this.
  2. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    that feels awful, i read until the last chapte rof the Hostile Arc, and honestly Zack and Mira's interactions were sssssooooo charming. pure sugar lol. Did the author really throw out pure gold like trash? I also like Zoe she had promising arc about learning about one's self she was really admirable. Also how on earth did they remove Jay? They made it seem like he's the most plot relevant character, even more than mc honestly.

Did they get rid of Crystal also? its not like she was an interesting character, but she seemed the most plot relevant after Jay. Honestly is it still good? Like did the author forget about the plot entirely or what? It cant be the same author right? they already had a full cast of promising characters, why would they get rid of them?

FlufflyLittleRabbit likes this.
  3. FlufflyLittleRabbit

FlufflyLittleRabbit Fluff...Fluffy....FLUFFYYYYY!

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right? I really love and enjoy seeing their lovely interaction, so I feel really down for not seeing Mira anymore and Zack becoming more serious (Although I still like his development in the new arc).

The last time I saw her was at the end of the fourth affiliation arc and she seems to be busy secretly spying on the fourth affiliation (with the help of yui of course). The story gets serious as the story goes and it also slowly unveils the mystery about the second body of Daniel and who is james lee.

The story is still great though and am still hoping that the creator is only up to something that's why they did not appear. Hope for them to appear once again, especially Jay. He's one of my favorite characters.:(

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    hypersniper159 likes this.
  4. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobconfounded::blob_patpat:

FlufflyLittleRabbit likes this.
  5. lostross

lostross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So after i watch the Netflix lookism, it's surprisingly good and i was like why don't i tried to read the webtoon then

I found myself laughing, getting tired with jiho, tired with how naive daniel is, confused with WHAT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON??? WITH ALL THE FLASHBACK like i don't even know who is our main character

Like suddenly the author just fuck it, daniel it's boring character to be a mc, now let me waste 15 chapter for this guy that show up here and there like not even 5 sec

It's just idk, i feel like there is no purpose no goal. Each manga/manhwa that i read before have at least one goal, it's either revenge, being the strongest, another revenge, try to get rich, divorce(?), be a head of some tribe, or living a good life,

But i don't know what the goal of this manhwa is??? It's full of filler and oh suddenly the author remember that daniel should TRY TO KNOW WHY HE GOT 2 BODIES after forget it for a long time and then the next thing is all filler for like hundreds ch

Drop it on 200is chapter, i got bored, just full of boring fighting scene, another useless flashbacks, another owww daniel is so handsome, you know what i ducking know , he is gorgeous, the author should not try to remind us every ch!!! It's getting bored and i feel like i want to puke

I am so disappointed, it was funny and fun, was reading every ch smoothly, but now i reading it like i am doing a chore, i give up

It's a shame because it was quite good on Netflix

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    Deleted member 504622 likes this.
  6. Deleted member 504622

Deleted member 504622 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, a shame. I found the anime adaptation three times better than the manhwa. Lookism was recommended by my nephew as my intro to the manga/manhwa world (I'm also new to web novels). I liked it because the characters were well-drawn, the fight scenes were illustrated in great detail, and the story was flowing nicely. The overlapping of the supernatural aspect and the thick verisimilitude of school violence and/or bullying were captured well in writing especially during Daniel's internal dialogues. Until it became repetitive, lacking, and shallow. I dislike inconsistent stories (even with books) so the second it lost direction I stopped reading.

lostross likes this.
  7. lostross

lostross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree with you

The author just forget where is the manhwa is supposed to be going, what original daniel main goal is so i hope if Netflix make it into 2 season they better not going with the same direction like the manhwa is right now

Oh try to read my loser life, the flow of story is much natural, much better and it already end also

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
    Deleted member 504622 likes this.
  8. Deleted member 504622

Deleted member 504622 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I have similar thoughts if they produce a second season. Otherwise, I'll just drop it as well.
    Thank you for the recommendation. I'll be sure to read My Loser Life over the weekend. I'll let you know what I think.

FlufflyLittleRabbit and lostross like this.