Question Lord of Mysteries: How much time is spent NOT on MC?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Karyehs, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    first, I dislike klein.

Second audrey is the biggest marie sue I've ever seen. No pain no gain doesn't apply to her because she is backlund's brightest gem and everyone's good girl.

Third is the conveniences provided by grey fog, and you know what, klein paid no price for it because he is FATED to be the fool.

Fourth, he planned to sabotage Adam's plan. Truly out of character for someone who always puts his safety as his first priority.

5th, the joke is getting cringe. For example there was this polluted thing that asked for money, so klein did something at grey fog and the polluted item said that klein was evil

Sixth, a very stupid rule that prevents any character development.

You need to read my review if you want to know more

2. TerranImperium

TerranImperium Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's your cue to keep reading @SamStrike . I was curious to see what reason Night Ghost would give since I already read past that point.
    I thought it might have been an objective comment on some flaw in the story that turned him off but it is just subjective dislike.
    So just keep reading and judge by yourself. I think it is going well so far, quite happy and hyped to see more of the story.

I assume Ghost is talking about the later part of 700s and early parts of the 800s in which Gerhman and Alger explore the primitive island. He didn't ruin Adam's plan, he allowed them to take the Tyrant Card of Blasphemy. It was a 'relenting sigh' there. Apart from that, I don't recall any part where Klein foils a King of Angel's attempt to ascend as a Dark Emperor.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  3. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me what Klein exactly does when he has to grant others wishes to 'charge' his power?
    I have read some people mentioning that he basically becomes a 'wishing machine', I don't exactly like kind-hearted characters, so I am not that into the idea of a power that to be used one has to be kind, basically granting other people wishes.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  4. TerranImperium

TerranImperium Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the point in which he becomes an Angel; Miracle Invoker. It is part of the acting he needs to do to digest the potion and Beyonders on the level of an Angel needs 'anchors' of sort to not go mad. As in people that worship you, or people that sees you as their leader and admire you and so on and so forth. It isn't really out of the kindness of his heart. Klein isn't a kind samaritan that would risk everything for the people, large scale intervention from Angels attracts a lot of attention from Gods, Kings of Angels, the Orthodox Churches and so on.
    If you want to know more, go over here to ask. https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/lord-of-the-mysteries-by-cuttlefish-loves-that-diving.74430/
    As this discussion is past the thread's purpose.

5. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you drop LOTM?

6. Karyehs

Karyehs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the late answer... nope, I didn't drop it.

Currently I am at chapter 883... it would be great, if I spent just 10% of the time for something useful..

There are some very annoying things, but overall it's good, I guess... At least I don't have anything better to read.

7. Karyehs

Reading List:
    Link
    Another random update!

I kinda dropped the novel around 950... like 3 times.... I just can't stay motivated to read 10 chapters of side characters after a power-up, after staying 400 chapters on the same level. :/

I posted this, so maybe somebody could motivate me to continue, lol.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  8. Karyehs

Reading List:
    Link
    I know nobody cares, but I'll post this for anybody who may has the same taste as me:

While the novel is good and some points even hype you up, it almost always fails to deliver. After a certain level of power over half of the novel is from side character perspective. Basically "when it's getting good", and the MC isn't the "eternal underdog", you will rarely see something from his perspective, even if it's from his perspective, he will most likely be the observer of the side characters.

Dropped, even though I've already invested soooooo much time into reading it. Getting hyped up and then getting disappointed too often just kills my interest.