LCD Lord of the Mysteries, Book 2. (Circle of Inevitability)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by ExiledMage, May 19, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    I belive its actually because of the readers...Aka we allready know everything.
    Also Cuttlefish might want to make 2nd book a bit more fast paced...I can see it with a Hunter and provoker m
    Why cant it be a reboot?
    We never saw a limit on a reboot.
    Especially when all thats rebooted people are Sequence 7 at the most.
    Sure a roboot on the exploration team for the city of silver was short but you must remember that was a remnant of ouroboros power and it had effect on a demigod.
    What if its a new reboot by will auception with all his power and hes prob a king of gods rn(He prob has the uniqnes in him) and theres no demigod in it(I think fors isnt here rn and she never stayed for long she just teleported here and there thats why there was a dont disturb on her door cauae she wasnt inside lmao)

2. LKSgun20

LKSgun20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "illusory river formed by shimmering mercury symbols. In front of him, he saw something similar but more surreal, as if representing the future or a tributary." Chapter 32

I think the pathway powers Circle of Inevitability main abilities revolves around destiny (tributary of destiny like the river/cycle of fate or something similar to it) that is why COI has connection to fate (river or cycle of fate) and why his abilities seems similar to wheel of fortune pathway.

"With a single move, he could rewrite Lumian’s future and render all his efforts futile." Chapter 32

I think we can be sure padre is not of wheel of fortune pathway, as he is definitely not a demigod as didn't display a mythical creature form as Lumian didn't suffer any side effects when padre lost control, and we know the abilities of wheel of fortune seq 1 to 5 through Enzo and he didn't have the abilities the padre is displaying (the ability to rewrite the targets future actions).

I think what's happening in Cordu village is a loop but the events in Cordu village are not being rebooted, instead a rewriting of destiny and the events in Cordu village are being rewritten or something similar.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  3. rninejr

rninejr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

From the way u wrote, Reboot is a multi-target spell in which the lower the sequence of a target, the further time will be rewinded for the said target. I believe this whole logic is incorrect, since Reboot is most likely area of effect spell and how far the time being rewound back for anything inside the targeted area (except those excluded by the caster) has been set as a fix value by the caster prior to casting Reboot.

Sure anyone capable can resist or even entirely avoid Reboot but it doesn't change the fact I just mentioned: How far the time being rewound back by Reboot is not based on the power/sequence of its target, but rather being set by its caster. Whether the effect differs to each person within its scope of influence is an entirely different matter. This is the basis on why I stated that what happened to Cordu is too strong to be considered as Reboot with few examples we've seen so far, but that doesn't mean it can't Reboot. I never said It can't be Reboot in the first place.

4. jtrichard

jtrichard [BL Reader] [La Mousse]

Reading List:
    Link
    Corrupted by outer deity seems sort of a strong words. We have been seeing two Gods failed to let go of outer deity corruption (Rossele, Door, Faurbetti too) so even if he become God, it probably wont affect much. Influenced, probably, since they have that sort of mark in their chest (Lumian's one is getting sealed by Klein).

Anyway, another interesting thing is that they can pray to be bestowed power by deity. I remember one of the punch line from book two is that you got power by drinking potion, we got power by praying. No fighting against corruption and such. Ah I wanna see where this is going

5. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    The Fallen Creator or The Hanged Man is an example of a Deity who can give powers with just his blessing.

6. jtrichard

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait which chapter or which mention?

I don't remember much about true creator after all

7. rninejr

Reading List:
    Link
    Mr. Door had yet to reach sequence 0 when he got corrupted, n he was kept at a mysterious place in which he also got exposed to the cosmos.

Roselle too wasnt at seq 0 when he first got corrupted.

Farbauti's pathway (abyss) originally owned by an Outer Deitiy (mother tree of desire), make it easier for him to get corrupted and harder to break fee from the corruption.

Chained God has yet reached Sequence 0 of Chained pathway before being captured n corrupted by Mother tree of desire. Like Farbauti, chained god's pathway also originated from MToD, make him easier to be corrupted by her.

Red priest pathway so far can be considered safe from outer deities' direct influence since it didnt come from any outer deity. And most God from pathways that didnt originate from Outer Deities so far arent subject to Outer Deities' corruption. So promoting to Red Priest might permit Lumian to break free from the corruption/influence he suffered.

8. jtrichard

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. And roselle being a sequence 0 still didn't free him from the corruption, otherwise Bernadette, Klein and Roselle himself would not mind leting him revived instead of sealing him back.

Mr Door should be on his ritual advancement when he got sealed. And when he was free and in the middle of advancing, he gave up his position to Amon because MGoD was there in his tail. If he was confident he could get rid of it, he would not let go of his position to Amon just like that.

That is why I said corruption is a strong word because it has been seen that even advancing to sequence 0 is not a guarantee for you to get rid of an outer deity corruption.

Besides, I don't think a True sequence 0 shall let a corrupted person advanced into a sequence 0 position (we have seen Door got sealed, Roselle got killed).

About Faurbetti, I kind of agree. Though he was originally a sequence 0. He got weakened fighting against MToD corruption, though he was probably not in a critical condition.

9. rninejr

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I dont deny that simply advancing to Sequence 0 will not guarantee someone to break free from corruption of the cosmos. But my optimism came from the fact that so far, those major characters who got corrupted were all from problematic pathways in one way or another. Red Priest is a relatively safe choice compared to those pathways.

Dont forget that the Emperor attempted to jump to a non-neighboring pathway, Paragon to Black Emperor (which is originally owned by Son of Chaos). We already knew what kind of outcome for those who did so.

I forgot the reason why Mr. Door got sealed away by the orthodox gods, but lets not forget that Mr. Door was constantly exposed to the cosmos' corruption for a very long time in his exile, so it's no wonder that he who had yet to reach Seq 0 couldnt shake off the corruption. Being trapped n corrupted for so long weakened his mind and heart significantly that he simply surrendered himself to Amon. I meant, who doesnt after experiencing that kind of torture? Did he sound like someone energetic when he broke free from exile? More like an old man who is tired of living. In my interpretation, It wasn't that Mr. Door not being confident to shaking off the corruption, He was not even bothered to try and think about it. The one who tried the apotheosis ritual wasn't Mr. Door but the Outer Deity who corrupted Him — before Amon stole the ritual and saving the day.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  10. LKSgun20

LKSgun20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mr Door was corrupted by MGoD and gained a corrupted identity probably during one of his advancement ritual, that's why he was banished, otherwise when he takes apotheosis ritual MGoD would use him to bypass OC barrier (the Great Barrier).

So about Lumian promoting to Red Priest to escape from corruption of Outer Deity for it to have a chance to succeed depends on the Outer Deities influence on the real world weakens otherwise it would fail, which is not gonna happen with current timeline plus the time it takes him to become a seq 0 as the weakening of OC barrier is already enough for Outer Deities to influence the real world to a certain extent. The only way I can see him getting out of corruption of CoI is him gaining control of City of Calamity or wake up klein to remove the corruption.

SoC might not have same level of direct influence on his pathways as MToD and MGoD on their pathways as the being sealed in magic wishing lamp by celestial worthy could be SoC.

11. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn the novel goes dark faster than previous book

12. jtrichard

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was curious about the Loop and I took it to my hand to probably count the probability of it has happened based on the supposedly the beginning and ending.

The beginning of the loop started at 29 march, and ended at Lent (5 april) if it is always end the way it is (with massacre). As the current time is probably at end of April or the beginning of may (based on Aurore / Lumian observation of the flower blooming at maddam pualis house), but definitely not June (as Aurore book Saloon started at that month).

So if the normal loop took about 8 days, then if I estimate that it is 1 may, this would have been the fifth loop, plus the one restarting in the newest chapter, so this should be the sixth loop.

Welp, I wonder when will the arc ends?

13. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    According to Fors, the time loop last 12 days.

14. jtrichard

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone else did the timeline for me :notworthy: so I misstook it as 8 days :ROFLMAO:

I am just reading the newest chapter tho

15. rninejr

Reading List:
    Link
    I retract my previous complain about Lumian learnt high level mysticism knowledge too early n easily.

Now I think this is just cuttlefish trying to take a different approach then book 1. Klein started from the basic n learnt things step by step. The problems he encoutered also started from relatively simple ones first. In Lumian case, he learnt high level knowledge first without the basic. He cant even activate spirit vision but his very first beyonder problem is alrdy involving an outer deity. This is a reversal of Klein's situation back then. Interesting

16. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    We know what happened now so no point in arguing...I was just saying a Snake of fate with the uniqueness (Will)can probably reboot a town of that size.
    About corruption...A outer god might be stronger than a Sequence 0 but that doesnt mean they can corrupt a S.0. But if they've been corrupted before S.0 even after becoming a S.0 they wont be capeble of saving themselves...Something like the Oldest one awakening in the Ancient Sun god.
    What im trying to say try as the outer gods may the sure as hell cant corrupt an allready established S.0 with a stable anchor and no problems from before S.0
    I also think its cause us as the readers allready know all these things so hes speeding it up and well learn new stuff as we go...Like all the new things we did learn from his sister.

So im rereading book 1
    From the present state of the Chained God, if I had been caught, I’d probably be the one bearing the child. Then, the child will inherit Sefirah Castle, allowing the Mother Tree of Desire to indirectly corrupt and control this sefirah...

And thats what i came up to lmao....Its klein doing his thing thinking about stuff but it sure as hell makes me think if its Mother tree of Desire thats behind all of this .
    As in the man having a child...It can also be the other Mother godess.

“The Devil and Prisoner pathway come from the Mother Tree of Desire?”

Also this...The loop can be a Prison ...And the weird sacrifice while everyone seem euphoric might be the devil pathway doing stuff...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  17. ExiledMage

ExiledMage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    **March 2023 End-of-Month Summary for LOTM Book 2: COI**

By Cuttlefish

Firstly, I want to mention that the book will not go VIP on Qidian on April 1st, but rather on April 10th, as I feel that the current free word count is too low and it would weigh on my conscience if I don't at least write more. No matter how one looks at it, a web novel should have at least 200,000 words or more of free content available for readers, right?

Monthly votes on Qidian are very important for new novels, so even though the novel has not yet gone VIP, I would like to ask everyone for their April minimum monthly votes. You can start voting for me after midnight, and I will continue to update the book according to the old schedule (2 chapters a day) until it goes VIP on the 10th. Starting from April 10th, I will start doing a period of bonus chapter updates along side the regular two per day.

This month is mainly a stage for expanding the world view, and it also happens to be a good time to explain the mystical knowledge that this novel, LOTM2: COI, will use extensively in the future. This will help new readers avoid becoming confused, and old readers can also take this chance to review the old materials.

Therefore, even though the pace slowed down because of this decision, I will still aim to finish explaining all the necessary old (and some new) knowledge during the free chapters before the novel goes VIP, so that everyone does not have to pay for repetitive old knowledge content. I want to make sure that every penny spent by readers is worth it (TL note: so once novel goes VIP, there will be little to no review lessons and it will probably go back to the natural way of acquiring in-novel knowledge for us - through the story).

Friends and readers who have read my novel up to the current chapters (Chapter 56) should know that this novel introduced a new system of praying for gifts from the gods.

This is similar to the system of "charm reception" that exists in the may-or-may-not-be-written-LOTM-Book-3 that I mentioned before, but not entirely the same.

Praying to an eastern style "Dao" and "Heavenly Court" (semi-active sefirot posing as "heavenly court" and "Dao") can be done in a special way to avoid some negative effects, forming a unique eastern style process. On the other hand, praying to living gods and outer deities there are no shortcuts or tricks that can be used to lessen the price, unless of course, if there are corresponding powers who are providing support to the person praying.

By the way, I want to clarify that the black, seal-like marks (TL note: the monster had 3, the Padre had way more) and the thorn-shaped symbol that chains around the body are not the same thing, and this will be explained later.

Umu, most of the groundwork has been laid and the build-ups have been completed now, and the plot will gradually intensify starting from here onward. Once again, I would like to ask for everyone's April minimum monthly votes, as they are very important for a new novel on the month that it is going VIP!

My sincere appreciation to all who are reading, thank you! Everyone~

End of Summary

ArcadiaMagus likes this.
  18. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I don't like that the pace will be slowing down just because cuttlefish needs to explain the knowledge that most readers have known for new readers.

19. Phoenix7

Phoenix7 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Inte
    What sort of personality does the new mc have?

20. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Prankster, Provoker, Adventurous