Spoiler Lord of the Mysteries by Cuttlefish Loves That Diving

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by vide, Oct 2, 2018.

1. ap1001

ap1001 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Newest chapter sheds some light on the state of pathways that didn't come from the original creator.

With the barrier surrounding earth weakening, Mother Goddess of Degeneration's ability to affect the Moon and Mother Pathway continue to increase.

Lilith anticipated this sort of, and made certain measures within her church from the very beginning to stop this.

The Church of Mother Earth top level is separated into the "God's Blessed" and the "God's Chosen", with the former being in the Moon or Mother Pathway while the later is from other pathways. If anyone in the church claim they received a message from god, they are to be considered heretic and corrupted, no exception, even if it is the pope herself.

Any action taken by the church MUST be verified by a "God's Chosen", who are picked specifically as by-the-book cops, even if the pope herself makes an order, if a "God's Chosen" doesn't allow it, the order is void, no exception.

Everything Lilith said and want is in the Mother Earth bible (written before the barrier weakened), if it is not on the bible, then it is void, even if the Goddess herself tells you to do something, you stick to the book.

Basically, nobody in the pathway is trustworthy as long as Mother Goddess of Degeneration is alive, not even Lilith herself, her policy is let Evernight and Klein (through Emelyn) supervise her. The church is to stick to the book and disregard everything else.

Darkschneider, vide and rvtots33 like this.
  2. jtrichard

jtrichard [BL Reader] [La Mousse]

Reading List:
    Link
    So in short, Lilith marked two groups, one is of her pathways group and other is different pathways.

If other got a divine revelation, especially the same group pathway believer, then they're to seek confirmation to the people of different pathways to make sure that it come from Lilith herself and not PM.

Oh yeah, did Loretta (i assume that's the name) an angel? Also, it seems Lilith's ring is on the same level as sequence 3. Should it contain Master Summoner characteristics, I guess he got a good chance of advancing.

3. rninejr

rninejr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah..it's good to be back. Decided to held myself from reading this gem then read all new chapter in one go. It's all worth the time I've spent on arduous work in real life. I feel blessed lol.

I really like the way Klein and Roselle Interact with each other, it's touching and kind of sad. Feels like when you finally able to meet your dear online friend whom you knew for a long time but never met, and one of you is on your last breath.. Truly feels like a friendship across time, space, and logic. Remind me of my long lost friends. Bless you Cuttlefish

Now Klein is officially an Angel, and can be considered to be on equal footing with King of Angels if we count his Sefirah Castle (Castle of Origin). I heard that the author decided to call all the 9 ancient artifacts/legacies as Sefirot, while the Castle of Origin is officially named Sefirah Castle. A good name! Remind of Tree of Life in Kabballah (in which each nodes within it is called Sephiroth).

I agree that the Fool Group is most likely inspired from Yog-Sothoth, not Nyarl (which is more likely Son of Chaos).

Since "King of Time and Space" is included as one of LOTM's honorific titles, the theory of Klein equal to LOTM is possible, but I hope something more exciting but perhaps, will be disappointing: The LOTM is really Klein, but also the final enemy.

4. Crawling Chaos

Crawling Chaos Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still choosing between Yog-sothoth and Nyarl.

The reason why I think the Fool group is reference to nyarl, was his abilities of shapeshifting, acting different Identities (Faceless), his personality of being mischievous &E manipulator especially driving people on mental breakdown (Error path), how he acts as a messenger of the gods (Gerhman Sparrow or Attendant of Mysteries).

Although Yog is also likely to be the inspiration for the Fool group judging from his usual style like Mr. Fool (A mysterious being watching the universe) and Titles like "King of Time and Space" etc. , I think he is more likely to be the inspiration for mystery pryer judging from the Fact the he bestows knowledge to people he deemed worthy (Those who are not Worthy/capable of comprehending were driven mad), the fact that mystery pry path represents hidden knowledge which represents the usual style of yog.

We will see in the future whos outer god is referenced to which pathway.

5. jtrichard

Reading List:
    Link
    Judging by how the plot has been showing Mr door more and more, it looks like the next enemy for Klein should be him, or Zaratul.

Amon being quite should have something to do with ASG words for him, which is he will be the light at the end.

Also,it's quite weird that I haven't been seeing Klein at least used a quarter of half of a chapter to perform his sequence 1 advancement ritual. Why the halt?

6. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    Question...
    How does Wish work..??
    Is it he have to fullfill, or do the work of wishing with his power(not magically happen), or it is magically happen..??
    Wish and it shall happen...

7. Emakhulate

Emakhulate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both. klien has the ability to magically fulfill a wish and he can also fulfill a wish with effort. And both of these actions result in feedback allowing him to digest his potion. The only possible difference is that fulfilling a wish with effort likely results in higher feedback. But I'm not sure about this. The potion name is a miracle invoker and it requires the Beyonder to act as the highest magician. But does it really matters how a magician helps fulfill the wish of his audience?

Damsell in Distress likes this.
  8. jtrichard

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. It's not only digest the potion when he did small wishes, but also slowly accumulate the wishes so that he can create a bigger miracle/wishes.

Example is when he accumulate the wishes of people wanting their house back and then he made a city return to their previous state after accumulating the wishes.

Anyway, yeah, it doesn't matter how he did his wishes, whether it's through divine wishes itself, or through others sealed artifact/ability and such.

Regarding the potion name and digestion rate, the biggest difference is in the acting part. There are two different acting that may seems to be the same but actually is not. One is God of Wishes and the other is Miracle Invoker. Obviously when they act as Miracle Invoker, the potion will be digested at rapid pace compared to God of Wishes.

Obvious example is when Klein moved the people of City of the Moon and City of Silver. When he did that, he act as a God and the acting part is also fell into the God of Wishes category. This one is obviously a big miracle, however compared to when he restored city of Constan into its previous state (same big miracle category), the digestion rate fell behind so obviously that Klein has to comment on that. This is because when he did the miracle of turning Constan city back to before the war, he's acting as a Miracle Invoker and not God.

So in short, he need to not act as a god but just ordinary people (be it magician or whatever identity he wanted). Maybe he needs their reaction too, but he can maybe do that by letting a marionette acting as an audience. A marionette that can act like a human being for prolonged time, maybe can have corresponding spirit creature if we saw the sequence 1 ritual.

Damsell in Distress likes this.
  9. rninejr

rninejr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, it really doesn't matter which beings inspire Cuttlefish to which pathway. He can just mix parts of their authorities to create a pathway. If he just blatantly used a being from lovecraftian as a base for a certain pathway that would be too boring and not creative.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So, in short, regarding "wish granting" ability, it still adheres to the rule of equal (perhaps) exchange right? You can't just create or manifest something out of nothing. Right now LOTM's power level has reached a new height and become more and more absurd, even unfathomable for mortal logic. But it's a good thing that cuttlefish didnt forget to set up rules and limitation to those powers otherwise this great piece will be tainted with a common bad trait of chinese webnovels — unreasonable and unexplainable power to the point they become plot armor.

Even Amon, in a way, is still being limited with the rules from the "creator" (Cuttlefish). At least, I hope he won't suddenly learn that he is just a fictional character and can talk with cuttlefish (Like Deadpool), that will destroy everything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I was shocked when I learn the actual ravings of Mr. Door. It gave me goosebumps all over again, like when Klein held captive by Amon. It reminds me that eveyrthing we knew in real life might not be the truth at all.

10. jtrichard

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait... With Klein, maybe someday, granting Alger wishes with sequence 3 characteristic and the sequence 8 characteristic of Warrior for that passerby and imperative mage for Xio from Moon City people, could he, you know, grant other people wishes later to take a free beyonder characteristic from somewhere else? It seems possible as he accumulate this kind of wishes consciously or unconsciously.
    Somehow I think if this could happen, it's either Audrey or Derrick that will benefit from this.

11. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Klein can always ask Arrodes of the location of an unowned Beyonder's Characteristics.
    Like that guy back then who picked up a Beyonder's Characteristics and died because of it.
    There are many unowned BC that can be found.

12. jtrichard

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Klein can just asked if there's any unowned Beyonder Characteristic and then used wishes to make it appear in his hand. It's possible as Bernadette also told Cattleya to make a wish to Wishing Lamp to bring her characteristic and sealed artifact back should she died.

I think, owned or unowned, with his wishes, he should be able to take it unless there's interference with same level or higher level divinity.

Which guy do you refer to? I try to think of it but I can't really come up with someone.

13. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    The unlucky adventurer who picked it up, and made it as a necklace.
    I cannot find the chapter, but Klein acted like the guy so he can perform in front of the Guy's Childhood Friend and say goodbye to her.

14. jtrichard

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh i remember. It's in Volume three I think. Dude die in his room right?

15. WingedOne

WingedOne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone can point me to another website which is up to date? This one has stopped updating:
    [Redacted]
    Prefer if the website has non-intrusive adds.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2020
  16. jtrichard

Reading List:
    Link
    [Redacted] here is a good one, update the repair chapter and doesn't split the chapter into two page.
    [Redacted] here if you want something punctual and on time, but was split into two page.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2020
    WingedOne likes this.
  17. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Yah, he was the guy.

18. Crawling Chaos

Crawling Chaos Member

Reading List:
    Link

I remember klein even considering if he will marry the girl, have children with her, and stay with her for a few years (acting method) for the faceless potion digestion.

Which makes me wonder, isnt the faceless only changes to outer appearance of a person? I mean if klein have children with her he would probably be find out coz their children would look like a loen mixed blood instead of a pure native.

19. skyfall3250

skyfall3250 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. faceless changes person's entire body. So their children will also look like native.
    Also with how acting method is described Klein has to become that person while remaining detached and should have his sense of self.
    Or he will develop split personality. You can have real like examples like actors sometimes have trouble getting out of character because they can empathize with it very much. Same way Klein got invested too much into the character.

20. Crawling Chaos

Crawling Chaos Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? Where does it mention that it changes the entire body? Is it upgraded when his seq. goes higher or is already like that during seq. 6?

I remember that it is only mentioned that it changes the outer appearance not changing it fundamentally. Well I might have missed something.