Spoiler Lord of the Mysteries by Cuttlefish Loves That Diving

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by vide, Oct 2, 2018.

1. AaIN

AaIN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's exactly because of beyonder law that there is no new unique characteristics. Beyonder nature can neither be created nor be destroyed. When a high sequence beyonder dies his powers will affect the environment (That's why Klein joked about contaminating the river by spreading Zaratul's ashes) which is even more true for a god. When a god dies, he affects the environment by dispersing all of his characteristics so that it can replenish the resources that were consumed. Remember how Psychoanalyst potion had almost extinct incredients? They will start replenishing themselves if large amount of Psychoanalyst had their characteristics destroyed.
    So, the uniqueness doesn't really come out as an object after a god dies, it disperses into nature and the next person has to recreate it. Otherwise, wouldn't people spawn camp places when a god was going to die? Wouldn't major churches have absolute control on whether someone can become god?
    Also, it's unlikely that grey fog is the uniqueness of fool and even if it would be true that then every previous fool had it. Also, we aren't really clear about Amon's intentions. Maybe he wants to steal fool's unique characteristics and switch pathways.

2. AaIN

AaIN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course same path gods have same uniqueness but different than gods of different paths if that's what you meant.

3. AaIN

AaIN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, it's clear that there are three sequence 1 of thief pathway so it's impossible for Amon to have consumed more than one potion.

4. GreyPancake

GreyPancake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh that makes alot of sense,i guess uniqueness would be the same for every god,kind of weird that the angels from every family would be jealous of amon having his own uniqueness from birth then since they can just create one for their path ?Make the uniqueness sound idk unique ? haha i say the grey fog is the fool's uniqueness cause when amon came in contact with it,he instantly recognize it as the fool there and not any other god.These could be for various reasons, 1 the grey fog has always been the fool's uniqueness thus amon can recognize it from previous fools.2 He is a greater monster than we realize and can know things easily just by coming in contact with it.3 The more probable,he just heard sun chant the ritual in the cell lol but that would make amon just less mysterious,always prepare for the worst outcome.

5. AaIN

AaIN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the third reason Amon recognized him. Sun's prayer and he naturally related it with sequence 0 of seer pathway.

6. GreyPancake

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a difference between 3 people of sequence 1 thief pathway and 3 sequence 1 ingredients,amon has 2 of the 3 sequences path or more we dont know but definitely more than 1 cause it just wouldnt make sense for other sequence 1 to be so terrified of him if he isnt that strong.The law only states that the beyonder powers are set in stone no matter what,meaning that even if there are only 2 sequence 1 in a pathway out there in the world there is enough resources for a third one only .

7. AaIN

AaIN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah he could be like the old gods and have multiple sequence or it's just his sequences power that can go against god even at sequence 1 is terrifying.

GreyPancake likes this.
  8. GreyPancake

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i agree but that is really a boring way to put it,amon is already established as the king of kings in the past and present.Cant wait for klien to use the talisman,destiny flipping is gonna be amazing to read about.

9. AaIN

AaIN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's already established that each god represents an abstract concept. Wheel of fortune represents fate, Death represents, well death, dark emperor represents order. With that said, Amon is from the Thief pathway and his path could represent steal or plunder. In the end it's not really clear if his title of King of Angels is based on strength alone and not on other things.
    It's also easily ignored but apprentice, seer and thief pathway are all similar in a way that they grant different powers held together by only concept. Thief path is related to stealing different things, Seer pathway is related to circus and Apprentice path is related to sorcery. But other paths continue to add to existing power and follow a simpler concept like assassin path just gives you more ways to cause people trouble.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  10. GreyPancake

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure it represents strength,its the only concept that has no counter measure,if one is strong enough he is respected/feared.Other aspects can easily be countered,beyonder powers,uniqueness,magical items,knowledge,intellect,reputation.No way the whole angel popurlation would fear him other than strength,other aspects could would make other angels second judge amon instead of the majority saying they fear him.

11. AaIN

AaIN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, you're right strength is the greatest deterrence but it's never said that the angels fear him just that he is named the king of angels. If they worked for the same god than Amon being the God's son would land him the title although I'm not saying he's weak, king of angels is really a stupid title to make anything out of.

12. GreyPancake

Reading List:
    Link
    From how we piece together all the other high sequence talking about amon,it is a sure fact that they fear him or are deter by him being seen.I doubt the title king of angels is from his birth since its already established that the angels in the past betrayed the god wouldnt make sense to give a title to someone's son that they betrayed and took his place.Btw what you think about the baby in the mural eating god with the sun,storm and wisdom.

13. AaIN

AaIN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would think it's not Amon but rather someone Wheel of Fortune path. Amon sounds like the guy who wouldn't share anything.
    I mean there are a lot of things to fear beside strength. I mean I would be pretty terrified of someone who could steal my name and wife. Identity theft is not a joke. And also the fact that killing him is pretty hard would make people not bother with it at all.

14. GreyPancake

Reading List:
    Link
    True amon doesnt seem like that kind of guy,sure identity theft is scary as hell esp the example given by old grandfather.But i doubt sequence 1 of other pathway have no way to counter that,if no counter it would just make amon's path amazing.So far every path ive seen is better than the seer path,kind of a let down.

15. AaIN

AaIN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Identity theft is kind of useless unless he can also perma steal their powers since each path has specific powers and each high sequence is known for their powers rather than their identity.
    Also, yeah seer path is kind of underwhelming but it is a lot diverse than other paths and I'm really excited for sequence 4 and also for hin to get a new puppet. It would be really nice if his next puppet was Ince Zancwill but that's kind of impossible but I hope he gets one of a relatively unknown sequence.

16. GreyPancake

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he can steal powers easily,since when leonard ask the granpa whether its temporarily he simply said it depends on whether amon was done playing with it.Destiny is always the scariest thing to mess with.So far the story is about a mc with a useless path that is mediocre at all abilities.His shepherd item has more impact on his life then his own path.Kind of cliche. Im waiting for the path 4 too,the descriptions we have about it seems to state the path is amazing at trickery with the ability to make puppets like himself and never be expose.Its like a round about way of being a shepherd.A unknown path would be nice to let us know about other paths,would the remaining tarot club be filled with his puppets? Hahaha world is already one.

17. Profoundtrucksama

Profoundtrucksama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if we compare not immediate threats then mother tree of desire would be scariest since all gods good or evil hate her but the rose school is still thriving

GreyPancake likes this.
  18. AaIN

AaIN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, so Amon seems to hate True Creator to the core so it's impossible that he's the baby in the statue. It's also confirmed that Lord of Storms, God of Knowledge and Eternal Blazing Sun are the rest of Ancient Sun God's angels. That would mean they don't really fear Amon after they consumed the ancient god. The baby might represent the Fallen Creator or some other evil god, maybe hidden sage.
    It does match up with that Red Angel and War Angel are dead, Amon is alive and the rest betrayed true creator. It's explainable that Lord of Storms betrayed Ancient god since his promotion to sequence 0 requires it, and blazing sun needed the open position but I wonder why god of knowledge did it.
    The direction this is going it seems the 3 churches might really not be "good" gods either.

19. engrishtranslation

engrishtranslation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, he meets the "Half God" who is in charge of human trafficking. This "Half God" had a meeting with "Mad Captain" Connors, and erased the proof (killed Cornors) when Klein want to investigate further.

Klein even used his clone "Mr. World" to asked "The Hanged Man" investigate about this "Half God" in a Tarot meeting.

20. AaIN

AaIN Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My bad