Discussion Lord Of The Mysteries

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Swift Gull, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Swift Gull

Swift Gull Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi,
    I just recently picked up Lord of The Mysteries and started but I want to ask a question before I move on much further what are the plus points of Lord of Mysteries( aspersonally I didn't get the first part /beginning yet ) that people give it such a high rating in mystery and stuff. I just want to ask as everyone says reading it is great can anyone share what made it good for you especially ( like any points, direction of the story, character,plot development , genre or anything) . And what happened in the beginning?

Would appreciate your take on the novel.

2. ladyartemis

ladyartemis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really good at giving reviews so please be warned. I also find the first 60 chapters to be bland but the subsequent chapters eventually make sense to me. As I read, the world setting and the power structure becomes clearer.

The tarot club, the unique power structure, the MC's journey to godhood were one of the factors I love. Oh, and the Victorian era captivated me,too. Too bad I initially read this via MTL so I might read the translated chapters in the future.

TrueNineLives and kurousagi4242 like this.
  3. kurousagi4242

kurousagi4242 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I started with the manhua and I think that really helped me get into the actual world of LOTM and helped me visualize it. I think the greatest draw of the novel is the plot development. There is solid world-building and the characters all have their own clear motives and act on them as real people would. As you learn more and more about the world the more real it feels and the more invested you become? I guess sorry I'm not good at explaining :x

4. RuiRui

RuiRui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I haven't gotten tooooo far into LOTM, just about that 200+ chapter mark, it is quite the enjoyable series to read.
    The pacing may seem rather slow at the start, but the depth and details of the world building, the interesting power system and the realistic decisions/actions of the protagonist drew me in.

They mysterious premise and victorian/steam punk genre was a unique flavour which you don't see too much of in translated novels, and you can tell that the author has got the LOTM world planned out in great detail in their mind - which is always exciting to see.

It's difficult to explain what exactly made it good - but I was really hooked by the setting and the different style of writing present.

I can only say to give it a shot, and persevere through the first couple of chapters as they are a bit slow, but once the MC starts to really understand his powers and be able to utilise it, that's when I find it starts to really kick off!

5. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a lot that captivated me with this novel. the constant change in the story the schemes how it slowly unfolds and how the main character raises to power.

There is so much about lord of the mysteries that I loved about it that I would like to tell, but I am not much for ruining a story for others.

For the most part to truly understand the beginning of this novel you have to read pretty far as many things will be cleared up later.

6. NoLongerTheSame

NoLongerTheSame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well-crafted world-building and power system, "human" MC in an SCP/Lovecraft-inspired backdrop. Don't ask us to spoil it for you; take a risk, and read it until the end.

7. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened in the beginning, was that the Antigonus Notebook controlled Klein and his Friends like a Puppeteer, which leads to the death of the real Klein Moretti.
    Zhou Mingrui transmigrated to the body of the dead Klein Moretti after doing the luck ritual thing.

8. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unlike any other CN novels full of info dump and redundancies, LOTM is unique. World building is well made, MC and around him are developed well. Though most of it happened in the main city, a lot of places are well described and used fully per arc. There is little to none plot repetition. High and low parts are well executed to build up a scene. Battles and actions are not stretched forcefully.

In short, its a really well written and thought out for a CN novel.

10. NoNamejustGhost

NoNamejustGhost You don't know me

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here I have already read alot novel but LOM is quite difficult especially first 60 chapters.
    Read first 50 Comic chapter then start the novel, everything will make Total sense.
    Mostly because you will get familiar with Victoria Era.

11. Swift Gull

Swift Gull Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I wanted to also ask is that is there any love interest or someone. Just looking out because don't want anything that where a girl/love interest keeps loving him but he is a wooden block , So is that so?

12. The_Essay_Writer

The_Essay_Writer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I think one of the major plus points if the novel is, how it encapsulates the air of mystery, danger, opportunity, chaos and most importantly the feeling that the world exists, it feels lived in like the world doesn't just revolve around the story that the author is trying to present
    In later parts of the novel, though most of what I said loses its novelty, it makes up for it to an extent.
    Now in the beginning things are a mess, as they should, given that we are just introduced to this world but slowly bit by bit you begin to see the whole picture.
    Now I get that that this novel doesn't match most peoples tempo but one more plus point that this novel has is that caters to almost every genre.Do note that i am trying be vague as possible here so as to not spoil you.
    Don't let the slow start deter you from reading it.

13. RiboseSugar

RiboseSugar Mirror Mirror, I'm beautiful. Fact, not question.

Reading List:
    Link
    It's personally one of my favs but I dropped it multiple times in the beginning due to its difficulty. One of the hardest part to understand were the sequences. After that everything got easier and it hooked me. There are multiple times I cried due to a character's death. They are deaths you wouldn't expect.