Recommendations Lord of the Mysteries

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by maevalily, Nov 21, 2019.

1. maevalily

maevalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I’ve been following Lord of the Mysteries for a while now and the place where it stops currently really leaves you wanting more QAQ

So I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for similar books? It doesn’t have to be exactly the same type, but something you might have read that gave you the same kind of excitement as when you read Lord of the Mysteries (I’m open to trying out different people’s preferences)
    For example, I also really liked The Legendary Mechanic :)
    I’m looking for something that gives off a similar feeling of adventure without these elements:
    • Romance
    • Harem
    • Tragedy
    • Annoying female characters that accompany the MC
    I would prefer if it the story has a lot of chapters that are already translated and it’s either a good translation or very well edited MTL.

Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  2. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well since you put 'very well edited mtl', i assume you're pretty loose in tl quality.
    Then i'm sure you'll find The Sage Who Transcended Samsara nice to read. Its good early on, slow and steady, when he gains momentum it'll be amazing because of the MC personality, then comes the big reveal and its a fcking firework of 'wtf' and 'awesome' moment.
    If you still haven't catch on, i love this series as much as The Lord of Mysteries.
    Early on the TL is great, then there will be a sudden massive drop in quality, bear with that for a while and you get to the currently okay TL quality.

maevalily likes this.
  3. maevalily

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the suggestion, I’ll try it out :blobsmilehappyeyes:

4. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother of Learning and The Zombie Knight Saga

maevalily likes this.
  5. maevalily

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the suggestions :blobsmilehappy:

6. iWH1te

iWH1te Sloth Immortal under the Heavens

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the dozillion time I get recommended Mother of Learning since joining. It's exasperating, but the synopsis does a great job of putting me off. Is that really good?

7. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    It is actually good, the spell crafting, the magic, and everything, the MC really grow from a teenage boy to a mature person in thinking, the mc starts as 15 years old immature, and hate everyone around him to a mature person in the story.

8. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, it's that good. the synopsis did make me put it on my to-read list for a long time before trying it out, though

anyway, Silent Crown did gave me Lord of the Mysteries kind of excitement for several hundred chapters.