Chinese Lord Xue Ying

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by noila786, Nov 19, 2017.

1. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Readers create $$$. Reader opinion? No point caring -_-

2. lordbeirut

lordbeirut Emperor of Perdition

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe he meant that readers as individuals don't matter, only readers as a collective.

Wujigege and Wiger98 like this.
  3. Wiger98

Wiger98 Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    You seem to believe that this novel community started because some reader asked someone to translate novels for them.

4. noila786

noila786 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Readers don't matter, yes individual readers don't matter. However without the market or interest in the translation would any of this (NU, QI or anything else) matter or exist?. You would be a moderator of nothing.

Now when I posted this I understood that it would bring some controversy, attention and hopefully some discussion into this particular novel. And yes I would like the translation to continue , as I imagine would many others. My rights or privilege are irrelevant to the issue. Someone will eventually make the proverbial deal with the devil. Whether radiant solves the issue, someone else signs a deal with QI, or as someone else pointed out a poor machine translated and edited version is posted.

Now the pictures truly are hilarious but you really take away from your arguments with them.

No I believe that someone had a good idea and also wanted to make money with it. Similar to most other successful things that currently exist.

5. Wiger98

Wiger98 Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    ok this is just devolving into some shit show and has nothing to do with novel pickup pce

craz likes this.
  6. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    context is important here. I'm talking about this issue. the will of the reader does not matter. if there was no market, then I would have never gotten involved in reading novels to begin with.

accurate
    that has nothing to do with what you posted. you are asking for someone other than radiant to pick it up for the "readers". Unless if by that last option you meant a random mtl'er picks it up, and if that happens, imo it's the readers who suffer.
    it doesn't help that I don't understand your argument. What do you even mean by:

actually no. it started out as a hobby, something people did for free and with no obligations. then some people started throwing money at RWX and that set off the current environment of donations and patreon.

Helium and Wiger98 like this.
  7. Wiger98

Wiger98 Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok thought that was the case read it in an old post, but didn't know if that was accurate. And what's kinda funny about this all now is that quite a few translations are still done by stand alone translator on there own site and started off not for money but as hobby like RWX; or so that is what i see most of the time I pickup a new novel.

8. noila786

noila786 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite honestly I would prefer Radiant comes to an agreement with QI. Translations read better with the same translator behind it for the whole project. No I don't want the last option, however I think that the longer this project stalls that is where we are heading with LXY.

That from beginning to end, from the initial community without all the sponsored chapters to the monster it currently is. The reader population is the driving force behind it. Unfortunately that comes with all the greed and strings that come with it. I wish it wasn't the case.

I stand corrected.

9. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose that could be the case before QI entered the mix. Before, one group couldn't force the other to stop. That way, the market was driven by demand and readers usually picked what prefered. However, even that could be manipulated by idk releasing a bunch of mtl chapters like XXW did so that they can take down a better a translator (who took the time to properly translate). Even then, the best choice was not taken so even readers can't be trusted imo.

10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Conspiracy Theory : Radiant Is Owned By Qidian.
    It looks very plausible
    I am even surprised by my own genius. :blobthinkingsmirk:
    It took me doing research and hard work for one whole second year:blobspy: