Lost Fun

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by AzuriEclip, May 4, 2021.

1. AzuriEclip

AzuriEclip Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have some advice with my problem? A few months ago, I still used to have fun worldbuilding and writing a story like in the past few years, but nowadays I find myself treating writing as an arduous task, losing what I found was enjoyable in this hobby of mine.

How exactly should I 'treat' this? I searched the internet for a bit, but frustratingly enough, all I found were poetic words or metaphorical ones.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  2. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I suggest a break. Find another outlet for you creative. Such as... Have you thought about writing a screenplay? Or maybe something totally different. Like hiking.
    I wish you luck

aintg likes this.
  3. dreamdaisy

dreamdaisy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest that too. You have to experience and see new things. Maybe you can try a meal you have never eaten, or you watch a type of movie you have never seen. Seeing new things both fills people with a desire to live and inspires them.

aintg and Cutter Masterson like this.
  4. Uselessdead23

Uselessdead23 〘Dead but alive at heart〙

Reading List:
    Link
    I also suggest a break.
    You just don't have any inspiration as of now.
    Yk inspiration comes from the most unexpected things.
    Try something new. Exercise to lift up your mood, sweat a little bit.
    Go on a walk. Do things that you usually don't do. Be out of your comfort zones.
    And don't force yourself to do something when you are not in the mood. Nothing great will come up on it.

As an artist myself I know and understand your feelings.

aintg likes this.
  5. aintg

aintg Fairy Queen of the Demonic Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    I must agree with everyone here. In fact, I'm currently in a similar situation. In my case, I don't completely lose the motivation to write (because it's like the only way for me to go on), but writing stories has been particularly challenging for me lately. So, for the time being, I only write on my journal or diary, read a lot of books, babysitting my cats, or photographing the sky. In other words, doing other activities may help spark your creativity.

And I have to agree with this one too. It's not wrong to take a break from doing even something you've always loved doing. Your brain and body may need that quiet time.

6. zisefenghuang

zisefenghuang Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Take a break from writing and reading. The more you force yourself, the more lost you will feel. Spend time with your loved ones. Find a new hobby, helps you distract your mind and learn something new at the same time.