Spoiler Love in Another Life: My Gentle Tyrant

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by elparis, Apr 16, 2017.

1. lottie

lottie I am who I am

Reading List:
    Link
    In the first life, what did the FL do(not about her sacrificing) that the ML realize his love to her? The interactions they did? Is thetr some fluffy moment together with the ML before she died?

2. Vishaakha

Vishaakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zoeh likes this.
  3. catharcity

catharcity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't get to 'see' their first lives, and are only 'told' what happened from an outsider's perspective, because their first lives happened a thousand years before the beginning of this novel. So we (and the characters, who don't have memories of their first lives for the bulk of the novel) can only speculate what really went on, based on the little that we know from the stories of their first lives that were passed down. All the details about it - their interactions & thoughts/ feelings - are not made clear, since it's not 'shown' to the reader. Even though the novel has the theme of reincarnation, the focus is really on their second lives.

I think some people are confused and think that the FL's execution, which was mentioned in the summary of the novel, refers to their first lives, and that she reincarnated after she was executed or something. But in actual fact the execution happened in the second life. There's no third life.

4. Luyan

Luyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, i take a long time to read all of this.... Thanks for the spoilers!~

5. lottie

lottie I am who I am

Reading List:
    Link
    Aah, I see. Thanks!

6. Dioning

Dioning Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone, I just read the translated chapters and i usually dont like to read the ones with harem label but i guess its too late to go back now lol. So i want to ask if the ML had any other child with other consort ? And if the ML had sex with other consort than the FL ?
    Thank you

7. xnekox

xnekox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he does but this was before he realises he loves the MC. He gets the Queen pregnant but she loses the baby before it was born. However he is totally loyal after he realises he loves the MC but of course the MC doesn't know and he doesn't actively tell her either =.=

He only has one son with the MC before the end of the book =)

Give the novel ago, it is quite "dog blood" but have it drilled into your mind it's a HE and the ML is loyal to her after he realises he loves her ... XD

8. SpicyJokeOne

SpicyJokeOne New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I made an account just to ask..

Will they continue translating this novel? I’ve been waiting for almost 2 months (I keep checking everyday).

Anyone knows?

I’m so so intrigued by this novel and feel frustrated with myself because I can’t read Chinese lol.

:cry:

Zoeh likes this.
  9. The Lazy Slug

The Lazy Slug Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is really angsty in more ways than one. And it's quite vexing the past life was only a glimpse from the legends, if to base on these spoilers, 'cause yeaah... perhaps it's a good manoeuvre/technique for the author but so frustrating for the reader's side. I meaan Zisu is "abandoned," he favoured the consort, and then when she died, it was only then he realised he loved her?! What?! So just like that he made that trade with the Buddhas to "prove" that love? Then what about that "favoured" consort? Just as quickly as he realised his love for Zisu, he also fell out of it with Mo Cong? I fail to understand which part of it is "love."

Well, unless you argue that this legend is just the one passed down by word of tongue or 3rd person perspective. And that it isn't what's necessarily happening. Like, for an example, he didn't show his affections in public to incite the Celestial King to start the war, etc etc. Then, is it all the more reason that Zisu was just used for his political machinations? Moreover, catharcity did mention in one of the replies that "(...) Zisu did not realise he already had someone in his heart," i.e. Mo Cong, so...? [<- I forgot the exact words, but basically the gist is that Zisu married LH only realising later he already someone in his heart] This only counter-argues the point of this second paragraph. Anyone willing to enlighten me more on this? Are there no other hints on this matter at all? huhuhu

Right now, given the premise of the story, yeaaah~ he's a good ML. But I wouldn't consider him the best. Of all angsty stories I've read though, by far this is the best. At least the world is well-established, the characters are well-rounded, reasonable and realistic to a degree, and the transition between scenes and events are flawless and doesn't feel forced at all.

Thank you very much @catharcity for the efforts and really well-made translations! Despite your busy sched. Wishing you best! <3

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Winter Daphne and syofiaa like this.
  10. catharcity

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really sure what the deal with Long Hao and Mo Cong was in their first life, since the author did not go into the details, but about Zisu and Long Hao, their first meeting actually occurred before their marriage. They had already met each other in the Heavenly realm, except that they did not know of each other's true identity (i.e. Dragon Emperor and daughter of the Heavenly Emperor). Instead, Zisu told Long Hao that she was just a servant. Later, it was mentioned that Long Hao asked the Celestial Emperor for the servant, to bring her back to the Dragon Tribe, but of course no such person existed.

As for the political machinations part, it's really the other way round. It was the Heavenly Emperor who wanted to incite war, therefore using Zisu as a pretext in waging war against the Dragon Tribe. Because the Dragon Tribe was growing in power, so he wanted to defeat them before their influence became impossible to deal with.

11. Pachia

Pachia Go At My Own Pace~

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie: Wondering, how did the ML find out the truth of the MC second pregnancy after her execution? Also how did he react after she got executed and found out the truth? Since I’m kinda unhappy with him, was he regretful and more for causing the MC death?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Winter Daphne likes this.
  12. xnekox

xnekox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A guy from Xian Yin Tai who knew the truth told him - he also gave the ML a pill that can suppress the effects of 'gu' that was put upon him before he told him the truth so that he wouldn't die.

From memory, before he found out he already kept her body close, but after he found out the truth he will hug her to sleep and personally take care of her. I think he also decided if she doesn't wake up if x number of years he will 'die' with her.

13. Pachia

Pachia Go At My Own Pace~

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much.

14. fvistar

fvistar Member

Reading List:
    Link

I'm just curious as to when this fallout happens? Is it after Xuanji awakens from her 3-year coma that she has another fallout with LFL and he chooses a Xuanji substitute? Also was this the same fallout where he said this:
    ('Nian Xuanji, in this world, there was not one person who I treasured the way I did you. From when I was seven, my mind was preoccupied only with thoughts to seize back the kingdom my father left to me and not be a puppet Emperor; to rescue my mother, because she was my mother. I should have killed you a long time ago. The only thing worth my attention was this country and not you, yet everyday, my mind was filled with thoughts on whether your body was well, whether you were unhappy. I told my mother that you, Nian Xuanji, are my dream.')

I'm sorry for the questions! I am obsessed with this novel and literally have reread your translations over and over like 20 times now and still shed tears each time. It's so heartwrenching but that just shows how much the main characters love each other.

Winter Daphne, syofiaa and bentohouse like this.
  15. xnekox

xnekox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fall-out happens before she goes into coma - her coma state was pretty much near the end. LFL takes in 2 substitutes after he finds out she's pregnant with someone else's baby (he believes it was the general even though she told him it wasn't). So he was angry/upset at her but still loves her deeply therefore the substitutes (but he doesn't do anything with them other than watch them sleep, make them brush his hair like how she does, etc.) I can't remember when he says that quote though! most likely before the coma.

This is all from memory (from one read) so may not be correct!

syofiaa and fvistar like this.
  16. fvistar

fvistar Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for that clarification! I think I have a basic idea of the timeline now. I was wondering what his reaction was after Xuanji woke up from the coma? It's really killing me not being able to read Chinese. I should have tried harder when I was younger. Lol

17. Aguni_Erina

Aguni_Erina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he hugs her corpse...? okay that's creepy....

18. xnekox

xnekox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She actually doesn't wake up in XuanJi's body after the 3 years - the wolf king sends her back in her modern day body and she's given a chance by Budha(?) to live again. She must make LFL recognise her without directly telling him its her. When he does hats when she wakes up in XuanJi's body - not 100% sure about this part though, was getting a bit tired of the story by here! There was also a lot of drama going on and some final battle ... best to ask the translator for this part!

She's not exactly dead at this point - in a coma like state so not a corpse xD

19. catharcity

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't apologise for questions! :) Basically what xnekox said, except that he only took in one substitute (Luo Jin). The other woman who looks similar to Xuanji (Wanyi) was a gift from LXY some time ago but she was irrelevant by the time of their fallout.

The quote "Nian Xuanji, in this world, there was not one person who I treasured the way I did you..." was something Long Fei-li said right after he realises that he wasn't the father of Xuanji's child, at the height of their conflict. These words were said in a mixture of despair and disbelief. I don't know if you've watched the MV w/ Wallace Huo and Liu Shishi, but WH's reaction was on point, precisely the way I imagined it to be.

What happened in their fallout:
    LFL discovers that Xuanji's child is not his --> He distances himself from her, and Fengjiu Palace becomes a cold palace overnight. LFL arranges for the violet guards to keep watch over Xuanji, but orders for them to not disclose anything related to her to him, unless her life is in danger --> Bai Zhanfeng leaves for the war with Xiongnu --> Xi Liang is engaged in another battle with Yue Luo concurrently --> Xi Liang's troops win a huge battle at Yue Luo; the situation with the Xiongnu remains precarious but contrary to everyone's expectations, LFL doesn't divert some reinforcements/ troops from Yue Luo to Xiongnu to help Bai Zhanfeng --> Xuanji believes that LFL refused to send reinforcements for Bai Zhanfeng because he hates Bai Zhanfeng, who LFL thinks is the father of her child (but there is another reason behind LFL's refusal to send the troops) --> Xuanji leaves the palace in secret to arrange for supplies for Bai Zhanfeng's army (hence, at the execution arc, Jingying says that Xuanji was the woman who saved Xi Liang, not her) --> Xuanji meets Bai Zhanfeng for the last time at the borders of Xi Liang --> LFL chases Xuanji, finally seizing her in Bai Zhanfeng's military camps where he forces her to return to the palace --> Xuanji is banished to the prisons and accused of being a traitor to Xi Liang ... insert Consort Yi's subsequent interference, Bai Zhanfeng's death, and the situation effectively becomes beyond redemption. Xuanji loses all hopes and no longer has the will for things to improve, accepting her execution.

His reaction after she wakes from the coma:
    She returns to his side first by time-travelling back to Xi Liang with her original body. At the beginning, LFL doesn't recognise her, because his entire life is revolving around the unconscious Xuanji. But he does recognise that Zhu Qi is her eventually. His reaction is everything you'd imagine: very sad, very sweet, tugging at your heartstrings... kind of like, it's sweet, but why am I getting teary-eyed?? He had spent the 3 years where she had been unconscious in remorse and anguish, living with the sole purpose of waiting for her to awaken, while plotting to avenge her... failing so, he would join her in the afterlife, dragging LXW down with him.

It's never too late to try. :) I hated chinese when I was younger too haha. Reading chinese is wayyy harder than listening to chinese imo. If your chinese isn't good, but the foundation is somewhat there, give the audiobook a try!

xnekox said body, not corpse. World of difference.

20. fvistar

fvistar Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so so much!! I'll sleep a little better now knowing these spoilers!