Spoiler Love in Another Life: My Gentle Tyrant

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by elparis, Apr 16, 2017.

1. xnekox

xnekox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hahaha I know the feeling. I had to keep asking @catharcity for spoilers to keep me going!

soriya likes this.
  2. Aurora123

Aurora123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks but is there a raw? If there is where can i find it?

3. Aster Anemone

Aster Anemone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to start this story but the description was indicating it to be a teary one, so after reading spoilers I concluded it really is a big tear jerker. And it contain all the elements of being a great story plus causing heartache thats too much for me. Perhaps after reading some extreme fluff stories to change the taste I might give it a go. Thank you for all the spoilers :)

4. xnekox

xnekox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure! Probably a question for @catharcity. I listened to the audiobook on Ximalaya =)

5. fvistar

fvistar Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based from what I read on the earlier spoilers, he leaves to go to Xian Yantai to get Xuanji 'healed' or brought back to life. Not sure if he stops to check in on Xinyi before he departs..

6. Aurora123

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thanks then

7. LiLMissSunshine

LiLMissSunshine Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.sto.cc/mbook-11734-1.html

I got raw from that site ...
    Or you can always try to find a novel by copy paste the chinese title to google ..

Google will find it for you ...

8. fvistar

fvistar Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this with MTL and my goodness! Even though I lost a few brain cells, but it was totally worth it. Even with MTL, I cried my eyes out many times. I couldn't read through the extras just cause it was really getting too much for me..

Thankfully, because I've read catharcity's work before, I was able to refer to some names and not be totally lost. I think I cried the most when Wuqi died, when news that Bai Zhanfeng died, when Xuanji found out about Xinyi and sacrificed herself, when she was poisoned and chose to hide it, confronting Long Fei Li about her first child and of course the road to the execution, and when Long Fei Li finally gets his revenge on Long Xiu Wen and he remembers all the things that Xuanji went through. When Zhu Qi saves Long Fei Li once more in the end after he recovers some of his powers as Long Hao.

There's so many things and I can't wait until I can actually read it in proper English. But if you really can't wait and can't read Chinese but understand some basic words, I suggest typing love in another life my gentle tyrant on google. It should give you a website suggestion called sushengbar? don't click on the website. On the side there's a translate this page button and it'll take you to a page. Scroll down and select the Ebook and you should be able to see the translated pages. It's half understandable and half not but like I said, this is kind of when you really really really can't wait anymore. It helped that I read novels before as well that explained Chinese words. I also referred a lot to catharcity's character list.

syofiaa likes this.
  9. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the full story myself only read what's translated and what was in the spoilers so far. But as far as my impression goes, Author wrote a classic book, but it's also quite cliche when you stop being enamoured by the blinding love between the main couple; Self sacrifices, Misunderstandings, Revenge for the loved one etc.
    2nd ML is made solely for the purpose of making a vast contrast between him and ML, in order to entice the pity out from readers. Because all in the end, the sympathetic pitiful character with many flaws feels more human and fleshed out than a character that is all perfect in everyway.
    And out dear FL seems to be getting short end of the stick, no matter which life she spawns at. Always falling in love with the ML that seems way beyond her, earning his undying love but not his trust.
    The whole plot is wrapped around their mistrust, miscommunication and misunderstanding, I fail to understand how this undying love works without any mutual trust. It's only "Love" if there's coexisting mutual trust, if not, it's either infatuation or attraction.
    Just because there's proof against her, she chose to hold back and suffer without telling him the truth of the matter and make conclusions of his actions by herself. Even when he is standing so near her? And he chose to believe the evidence and proof more than the person he devoted his whole life to? Where's the trust between these two?
    It's quite unhealthy relationship on one hand, while on the other hand, it makes it more unbearable and frustrating to the reader because we just feel like breaking it out to these two but can't, of course, because they are fictional. xD
    Author is quite skilled, she made us bite our handkerchief in frustration and cry to the pillow on the tragic sadness. I despise the fact that authors of such novels always make the FL falls victim to a cruel tragic world birthed by the plot , while ML only get dragged to the pit if he choose to love her. Why not give FL a choice too?
    But yes, if FL had a choice in choosing her life path, there won't be anything to read about in the first place. So I'm currently having a one sided love-hate relationship with the author. Lol
    All in the end, this is a good novel. Author is really skilled at attracting the desired readers. I enjoyed the story very much. I thank dear translator who brought me to this story, everyone at this spoiler thread who contributed in posting all the tidbits I was dying for to know about and of course, the author. Thank you all.
    Have a nice day.

10. Aurora123

Reading List:
    Link
    Um i cant read Chinese so i was thinking of getting to the raws and translate it by Google translate i cant even a bit of Chinese so even though google translate is not that good its better then nothing and besides i dont know of any other way then this

11. Aurora123

Reading List:
    Link
  12. DemFeels

DemFeels Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this novel dropped?

13. Dr_Wannabe

Dr_Wannabe Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @catharcity Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaseeeee pick up this novel :(

14. saira

saira Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still waiting for this novel to get pickup again by Author

15. Maikh

Maikh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for some to pick this novel up. Someone please pick it up, it's been too long since @catharcity last updated...

16. taetae1230

taetae1230 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I have a question.. there have been talks about the main leads' son..and his story.but where does that happen? In which novel?? Is it up on NU? And is it translated??

17. hrididi

hrididi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me in which chapter the ML found out about the truth behind her 2nd pregnancy please? tia

18. SweetSass02

SweetSass02 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I kinda just want to ask what chapter did ML finally find out what really happened to FL?
    When FL is
    dead at this part I think, and ML drank this gu poison to hear the truth

syofiaa likes this.
  19. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me what chapter the ML finds out the truth? I'm reading it on MTL but it's hard to figure out.

20. bernzilla

bernzilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the current translator moved or something? Cant access her site now