Love* is in the Air

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JuuHachi, Feb 11, 2020.

?

Best gift for Valentines

1. Chocolate

2. Flowers

3. Donut Bouquet

4. Fandom Merch

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone! You might remember me from my relationship threads like: How to Move On, How to Ask Someone Out (or something like that) and etc.

Now that valentines is in the air and my love life was not bountiful (lolz) and there's a lull in work rn let's have an early valentines party thread hahahhahahha I am weak and wanting (Jaskier baby!!!) for love stories!!! Share a story about something that made you feel warm, no matter how small, that made you feel loved or a something that you did/do for someone to show that you love them!

*Love of all kinds is welcomed in this thread (i.e. romantic, platonic, familial, puppy love)

imK and TokioftheBel like this.
  2. TokioftheBel

TokioftheBel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yesterday was my birthday party, though my birthday is today the 10, with all my family coming over.

I usually get money from my aunts and uncles, but my older cousin and his girlfriend gift this bag with a cute sketchbook, little trinkets, and this lovely card made by his girlfriend that said happy birthday with a little chibi of me in the corner.

When I got it I felt so touched. I wasn't expecting them to gift me this and it meant that more especially since I look up to them.

3. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Old Lady ♡〗〖High Acidity ♡〗〖Lethal ♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    best gift is to wrap yourself in ribbons and give yourself :cookie:

imK and JuuHachi like this.
  4. JuuHachi

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy Belated birthday!!!! I know that feeling! Receiving gifts relevant to our interests are really heartwarming because even if we like it distantly it shows that they were paying attention enough to remember to gift us that! May your art flourish and the muses grace you!

TokioftheBel likes this.
  5. JuuHachi

Reading List:
    Link
    in the year 20-T (for our trans sibs) we flourish and be confident lol Big Mood Sis

6. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since nobody chose Doughnut Bouquet, I did instead.

imK and JuuHachi like this.
  7. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    For my 21st birthday my mother got a t-shirt screen-printed with the words "I MADE THIS" along with my face. I didn't find it cringy at all, though my friends gave me heaps of shit. My mother is cute and adorable.

My last cat was awesome and used to accompany me for walks around the neighbourhood all by himself. He also had a habit of slapping me awake if I didn't get up to feed him on time and I didn't wake up when he meowed.

I once made a woven bracelet for someone close to my heart and they wore it all the way up to and including the day they were laid to rest.

The funniest relationship proposal I ever got was "Hey, you single?"
    "Yeah"
    "Great, me too let's give it a go". We ended up becoming good friends instead, but I still think they were pretty cool for putting it to me like that in the first place.

I have a 14 yo pet rock from my exes' mother. She painted an animal on it because I could only find rentals that didn't allow pets and she wanted to cheer me up. I still call her Ma and I'm good friends with my ex too.

JuuHachi and TokioftheBel like this.
  8. Cryotic

Cryotic Nora's Psychic◈Nora's Silly Wife◈春雷◈暗いよ

Reading List:
    Link
    something that really warmed my heart was when my S.O. video called me just to make funny faces cause he wants to make me feel a bit less down when my dad died.. i don't know whether to cry or laugh at that time, but i am really grateful to him

JuuHachi and imK like this.
  9. LNreader

LNreader Courting Death

Reading List:
    Link
    Dick in a box

10. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    I've always wanted to make Valentine's chocolate after reading about it in shojo mangas.

After I got a boyfriend (now my husband), I've made him chocolate treats every year when he was around on the 14th but he rarely remembered what it was all about ( "Valentine's day" is celebrated on a different date in our country of origin). I've baked treats often since we used to sit together and have afternoon tea breaks during college with our friends so I guess my husband got too pampered. Last year, I didn't have time to bake so I got this fancy bean to bar chocolate and a bag of Geisha coffee beans from one of our favourite stores. He loved it!! Honestly, that Valentine's special chocolate box from last year was a super well-designed and very interesting booklet that had tasting recommendations like having a specific bar with black tea or whiskey (he even bought a tiny bottle to taste it together).

One occasion that stuck on my memory was when he had his wisdom teeth removed and couldn't chew anything (maybe on our 2nd or 3rd year) so I made chocolate mousse and packed in a cooler box, and I think I had a project presentation or group seminar and I was carrying my drawing tube around too so I was a mess of luggage (I took a bus to go to college). When I gave him the mousse he thought I was just being considerate because of his mouth stitches so he just thanked me. I asked what he thought about it and he said something like: "It's good, but you know I like caramel pudding better." (His grandma's caramel pudding has always been one of his favourite desserts since childhood). In my mind, I was facepalming "I've got the dummiest boyfriend ever". But he has always been honest with his likes and dislikes so I guess I got really used to it now. I think it's kind of adorable. My brain has already accepted it.

This year I found an easy alfajor recipe that I've been wanting to try out so I already mentioned it to him that I'll be baking it for Valentine's. I wonder if he'll remember it on Friday or if he'll just eat it with his coffee as usual LOL It's one of my yearly personal traditions. Of course, I don't remember getting anything from him (voluntarily, no reminders) on White Day. But I actually got some treats from my co-workers when I was working in Tokyo.