Recommendations Love is tough

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by BlueBrute, Apr 2, 2016.

1. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I died a bit inside

2. BlueBrute

BlueBrute Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say anything close to ShootAround, but didn't said an example so people won't be biased.
    Kayla had multiples partners, sometimes simultaneously, but falls for Hotaru, whom is way more inexperienced and is discovering her (homo)sexuality. So there's that tension where Kayla is not sure what to do because she want's Hotaru to feel special but can't really maintain exclusively relationship. That kinda of thing of complex
    As freely,is just to I'm OK with having all kinda of ships regardless of genre
    so Loreius could explicit loved Sirix even though it was unrequited in NG Life, e.g
    In other words, it has nothing to do with Forbidden Love :confused:

3. gill

gill Kairoaddict Disease Acquired

Reading List:
    Link
    This is one of my fav manga back when i still like to lurking in romance section, sadly i for the title for this
    not only yuri, there's also NTR involved with the MC, cheat and any other thing that makes the story complicated, really a good read at that time

edit: here is the title http://www.mangahere.co/manga/haru_yo_koi/

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  4. BlueBrute

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder which part is lively now, hu3.

will check it out, extremely biased because i'm extremely disgusted by: this, this and that,literally dropped Mx0 because of this, and, usually, they are heavy impregnate in harem genres.

5. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    As of where the translations are currently for Sevens, the harem has not been actualized, but there is a sequel released about one of the MC's descendants (so I will let you fill in what happens).
    However, about your concerns that you listed
    The MC is very passive when it comes to romantics relationships. Also, if the MC looks at another women, the head of his harem (and former fiancee) will actively try to recruit them into the harem (sometimes against their will) so the MC does actively try not to get other females involved in his group (but fails once again due to his former fiancee). The only action the MC gets is when he is under the influence after undergoing an ability growth (basically leveling but without levels) and is extremely high for about a day(the females almost always enter "dere" mode during their growths and actively lock themselves in their rooms so they don't rape the MC). Due to several family rules that the MC follows in regards to selecting a wife (whom all the harem members are considered), the females are always better than the male MC and will wear the pants in the relationship (in the sequel you find out that the MC was lock in his home by his wives by force so that he would spend some time with them and not affect their work). Also, most of the harem members are actively trying to seduce the MC (with those harem members displaying both possessive and yandere tendencies). The harem members also sort of start a competition between each other for the MC so being prudish is not in their vocabulary (shy or inexperienced yes but prudish no) and one of the character sort turns into an exhibitionist (but started as a spoiled brat noble).

I hope this clears up your concerns.

Now about Hardcore OP
    The MC is a macho, elitist, alpha male with an out of control limbo but once he considers something his, he will do everything in his power to protect it (as long as the people are not being fully retarded). For the most part the harem members are not damsels in distress (exception being the one whom considers herself his wife because he is her knight in shiny armor/saint). Even one of the members started out trying to kill the MC in order to eat his body and grow stronger. The harem members have their own professions and goals for being in the harem (for one of them it was to move out of her house so she could stop listening to her parents having sex). This harem starts as a relationship of convenience and slowly develops into something more. A couple of the members do start out as prudes but do change over time, however the majority are exhibitionists at the start or go along with the flow. I will admit that the MC does expand his role in the lives of his harem (such as bring their dead back back to life, becoming the Overlord of their hometown, etc.), but he is also dependent on the abilities of his harem to complete quests and defeat their enemies. Finally, there is a pregnancy and child birth within the first book (even a couple of chapters focusing on how the harem is trying to take care of their new dependent). This birth is due to plot reasons and I sort of enjoyed seeing the harem members needing to mature (or not) with the new child (btw they are horrible at child raising but good at making the baby OP).

BlueBrute likes this.
  6. BlueBrute

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you answer me if those women talk about something differently than their love by the MC? Mind you that showing their background and personalities doesn't count.
    E.g, E Mo Fa Ze fails, the women on the Harem becomes a extension of his power, they orbit around him and follow his commands but don't have a proper will. <- escapism
    Red Storm and Otoyomegatari have a Harem element but it's proper show a social division of labor and women maintain their will (they actually plan and do things that don't have a direct influence of their husband). <- cultural difference.

7. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    For Sevens
    The harem is split in those that are actively trying to seducing the MC and those just along for the ride. For those that are trying to seduce the MC, they do follow the MC's commands but do it their way (such as killing the enemies instead knocking them out). Their actions away from the MC are mostly centered on finding ways to help the MC and their adventuring party in general (such as training for a specific role in combat or forcing their lazy younger sister to do maid duties to the MC). The former fiancee does fall in this category but any more would be a hugh spoiler. I would say that they do orbit around the MC but they do still have their wills (just it is focused on getting the man like good yanderes).

The other members of the harem join up with the MC as party members rather than lovers. They each have their own reasons for staying the party (e.g. pays decent adventuring wages, likely to get involved in epic encounters suitable for storytelling, or just wants his seed for a child). These characters are less focused on the MC and focus on their own hobbies (reading/collecting books, trying to get out of work, etc.). The MC pays attention to these characters by asking questions of their hobbies or taking them shopping (the actively seducing ones scare the MC so he tries to limit his interactions with them). At the current translation, these relationships are starting to turn romantic, but the harem members still have their own wills and goals (just the yanderes are scary).

For Hardcore OP
    For the relationships in OP just sort of happen as a side effect of being in the same group with someone with a large limbo and also gaining powers that depend on or are strengthen through intercourse (such as one that increases your stats based on how much your partner is satisfied and pain you cause them (no joke btw)). Other than the self proclaimed wife, all the relationships start off as sex friends and everything seems very causal and consensual. The wife decided that she was first his girlfriend then upgraded to wife once her family found out about the relationship (she is very religious even through she finds out her goddess doesn't care about stuff like that). As time goes on, the relationships mostly develop into romance but a couple do stay as sex friends (they need the relief from their actual jobs).

When not with the MC, the girls (except the wife) actively go about their own quests, professions, or businesses. The MC is really the only thing in his wife's life (which the MC does point out to her several time as unhealthy). To the other girls, the MC is only needed when they have an "itch" or as a test subject. However, the MC has access to all the good quests, items, and money so the MC controls them through their greed (most of the girl want to be come stronger). However when they don't want a new set up epic equipment or are not horny, they are off by themselves trying to become OP by themselves.

BlueBrute likes this.
  8. BlueBrute

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the answer, but it's not quite what I'm look for.

Link? I'm not sure if what I found is what you suggesting.

thanks, will check it out.

9. Jr194

Jr194 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hers is the link:https://wwyxhqc.wordpress.com/just-one-smile-is-very-alluring/
    also pls note that it was the side characters love thats was yaoi, not the main character. also you can find the side characters story is in the side story section.

BlueBrute likes this.