TV LOVE O2O/Just One Smile is Very Alluring

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Moraxella, Aug 28, 2016.

1. BunnyPillow

BunnyPillow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    \o/ I like it, Yang Yang ❤️❤️❤️

2. Kikiji

Kikiji May or may not be here

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally... I think I prefer the novel more. Maybe it's just because you can actually feel the influence the game has on their relationship, which makes it unique. That part of Just One Smile is Very Alluring was lost later on in the drama. Also, the drama doesn't totally stay true to some of the main ideas of the novel, which makes me dissatisfied. But I really enjoyed it anyway. I love the added scenes with Xiao Nai and Wei Wei- it's just so cute :X3:. Plus the antics of Xiao Nai's roommates and colleagues made it really fun to watch. And I really have to say... Yang Yang is probably one of the only actors I've seen (which really isn't many) whose appearance I liked. (Please don't blame me for this. It's already hard for me to think that a 3-D person is attractive as a 2-D lover.) Of course, acting ability is very important, but seeing pretty things is one of the enjoyable things in life. For me at least :LOL:.

Littledragonlady likes this.
  3. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished the drama, it's really good! I love peaceful romance!

4. The Divine Queen

The Divine Queen 『NUF's Ojou-sama』

Reading List:
    Link
    I absolutely loved the drama haven't watched the movie yet but there's only one major let down ....... the kissing scenes like come on!!!!! why does Wei Wei mostly just stand there like a fish ..... and the first time they kissed Xiao Nai looked like he was eating her face.... such a pity but other than that I just loved it ... especially the little hints of BL between Hao Mei and KO...like was I the only one who noticed hurhur

5. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I started with the show, then finished with the novel xD
    The show is really super cute but it kinda weirded me out at first. Like WTF look at those frickin stick thin arms of her ... but that's not the main point xD. It all seems so clean and proper, it feels unrealistic. Still very lovely though. Maybe I'll read the whole novel sometime :)

6. VOLX98

VOLX98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh boy

7. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, where did you guys watch it? How come I wasn't able to find any reliable sites.

8. Redo

Redo 『God Tier Fanon BRO』 『Swordsaint Puppeteer』 \></

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished reading the novel. And this is makes me interested to watch the show... :D

9. Moraxella

Moraxella Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Drama fever and drama cool has it. Personally, I downloaded it using a torrent and hooked it up to my tv. Da Shen on 52" tv is completely amazing.

Watch it! It is absolutely worth it. The author was actually part of the scriptwriting team and she personally picked the leads.

Not to mention it definitely makes rereading the novel afterwards a lot more fun.

10. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just binged and finished the drama. The first half was really good (if you can get past the cheesiness of the first 10 minutes of episode 1) and the second half was okay. I honestly didn't care for the side character stories other than maybe KO and Hao Mei.

The actor for Xiao Nai seemed to be too serious, though I supposed it made moments where he was acting cute with Wei Wei worthwhile. I imagined him to be a lot more shameless and flirty with Wei Wei, while stiff with others, rather than stiff most of the time.

The actress for Wei Wei felt very "mild." Other than moments were she was being playfully narcissistic or fighting back verbally, which were the highlights, every other moment was very subdued. And this is probably a Asian drama thing, but she was stiff as a board during kiss scenes. Her lips never moved nor parted, her head never moved, and her arms were always straight by her sides no matter what kiss position they were in. Even if the actress (or director?) is shy, the least she could is touch the guy a bit more! What a waste! (I know it's a futile complaint. *sigh* If only every drama had kisses like Secret Garden :love: )

Overall, I would cautiously recommend the drama. It made me giggle quite a bit, but length-wise, it could have been condensed to remove 3-6 episodes worth of content.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  11. saekicchi

saekicchi (≧◡≦) ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the drama, it stayed true to the dialogues and fleshed out the characters. The edited landscape bits were off-putting, though. I feel like 30 episodes is too long for it and there were too much Cao Guang and Er Xi for my taste. I would recommend this for those looking for fluffy romance with no heavy conflicts.

12. Mythusme

Mythusme Member

Reading List:
    Link
    h t t p://m.dmzj.com/info/weiweiyixiaohenqingcheng.html
    There is a manga version in chinese, hope someone can translate it

Kikiji likes this.
  13. Kikiji

Kikiji May or may not be here

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. My. God..... :X3::X3::X3: I can't believe it!!!! This is awesome!! If no one does, I'm willing to try, but I'm a bit busy in rl at the moment so I won't be able to for a while. The cleaning and typesetting are going to be a killer though.

Thank you so much @Mythusme for sharing this!

Mythusme likes this.
  14. Mythusme

Mythusme Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are welcome, really love the drama, have been watching it 10 times already :D:D:D:D

15. Littledragonlady

Littledragonlady The last member of Ancient Tomb Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Xiao Nai is manlier in later episodes when the make up artist don't strive so hard to copy K-drama male lead style.
    He is so fierce! Argh!

the storyline, casting, and character interaction are better in tv series. It is also more teen oriented. Movie version, while boasting better in game effect, actually doesn't fit in with the original novel. It is more young adult oriented. And a bit darker.

I am going to follow you!
    we are so alike, I have been charmed repeatedly by HIS smile throughout the drama:X3::X3::X3::X3::X3::X3:

Moraxella likes this.
  16. Plural

Plural Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Swapping Angelababy with the female lead in the drama version would've been great.