Discussion Love or Immortality?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sky Farrow, Jun 7, 2017.

?

Love or Immortality?

1. Love

40.0%
  2. Immortality

60.0%
  1. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, when it rains and you get wet. You are not wet, you just have H2CO3 on you. Anything else you say, will be justifying its existence as special.

2. Meakashi

Meakashi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you agree with me! =D

What I basically mean is that love is not this mysterious cosmic power, this Fifth Element. It's the exact same thing as anger, fear and joy - a chemical response that can be quantified based on science.

3. hatoyin97

hatoyin97 «Frigid Heart Petrification Manual»

Reading List:
    Link
    I have forgotten the feeling of LOVE.
    Being Immortal without a purpose, would 'I' still be 'alive'?.

I would rather have a good chance on becoming an eternal existence that is free from all laws, lonely but peaceful and without fear nor concern for the future. If I will to fail so then I shall sleep for an eternity.

4. regan

regan Forever baby!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Why no poll?

5. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats the use of being immortal if you're insane? Is enduring thousands of years of torture and treated even less than a cattle enough to compensate that. There's just so much the brain can take before it breaks. Insane immortal, is it worth it.

6. Oberon06

Oberon06 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would abandon my lover for immortality. However, i would only choose immortality of the mind not the body, for example every time I go through the reincarnation cycle i get to keep my knowledge and experiences. But of course only if my body belongs to a sentience species, who wants live the life of a fly? not me. And maybe I'll get to experience the life of a different world, galaxy or universe with different laws of physics which may have energies similar to mana, Ki and who knows.

7. hatoyin97

Reading List:
    Link
    Then you became a girl and after having sex...... Which gender will you be?

8. Seraphim

Seraphim 天使の王

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll take immortality as long as you give me all the knowledge of the universe. So I can build new technology and become rich with it and in a hundred or so years, I'll be controlling the human race, bringing an early age of space exploration and colonization. Then after a thousand or so years, I will orchestrate a huge intergalactic war so I can see a lot of pew pew pew pew pew. It will be glorious. It is like playing god, and I am only an angel so that is like my dream.

9. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm bored enough in my short life as it is. I'll pass on immorality and go for love

jenchan likes this.
  10. Meakashi

Meakashi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That just made me think: This poll is giving you two options, of which only one is guaranteed. You will receive immortality if you give up love, but you have the chance to find love, if you don't choose immortality. Not a good trade.

11. Oberon06

Oberon06 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To me a soul is gender-less, your body is what would define what you will be. besides i mention sentient species, so whichever species you're incarnating into may not necessary follow the rules of our world, as for humans who knows if your body may well be an influence to your mind at that time. so i can't answer a question based on a experience that has yet to happen.

12. hatoyin97

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow I never though I would find someone similar to me......
    I thought I would never find someone who has drifted apart from humanity....

13. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow I didn't think this thread would be so interesting to read ._.
    And so many chose immortality, huehuehue...

14. Oberon06

Oberon06 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i wouldn't call it drifting from humanity more like a change in perception, If you notice there are quite lot a loop holes in the question of love, It said you have to give up on the one you love but it never mention any thing about the one you lust, you may end up in a loveless marriage but you can still love your kids and the rest of the family, besides the question may not apply on your next incarnation and if it does you will have an awful long time to do something about it maybe even change it and keep your immortality.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  15. hatoyin97

Reading List:
    Link
    ..... Haaaaa I was too optimistic ........
    Also there is no definition for love but love is considered an obsession.
    That is all I remember.......

16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Love, easily.

I don't care about immortality, there are a lot of things I want to do and I'll never be able to, I already accepted that, I prefer to be able to enjoy my life with the one person I love instead... Or even without them, I would never be able to forgive myself if I killed them, I'd suffer my entire life.

Sky Farrow likes this.
  17. Meakashi

Meakashi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think so, too. In fact, I feel genderless even with my human body. It's not that I feel uncomfortable with it, but I think that if I were to change gender, nothing would change about my perception of the world. The body influences the mind, that's a true statement for sure.
    I guess we both thought so...

18. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would probably still not choose immortality. The world is messed up. I don't wanna be around and watch as it gets worse

19. jenchan

jenchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would choose love.

Life is too boring, so I wouldn't want to live forever. Also, there's just so much more violence and angry people these days and it'll only increase. I don't want to see that nor do I want to experience it. I'd rather spend the rest of my days with the people that I love.
    I think that makes living more meaningful, but that's just me. :)

20. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    I vote love cause my mind telling me if I get immortality but never fine love again, my heart will dead.
    but when it really come I will never know cause it's basic of human natural that is greedy and afraid of death, so maybe it will cloud my reasoning when I face the choice.