Discussion Love target systems

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Smile_for_me, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Smile_for_me

Smile_for_me Isekai enthusiast/ knovel lover

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading a bazillion of these novels. I suddenly had this feeling that of all types of systems these are the most ruthless and cruel systems to date(for my soft self at least:sweating_profusely:)

All of them have the same objective:

[Make (ML) fall inlove/take care until (this arc/end of story) and you can return home]

Especially since ALL of the capture targets are always this broken little porcupine that needs love:blobpensive:. I just feel like its so brutal for the system to just rip away mc after finishing the mission and making both parties love each other after a certain period of time.

I know its a plot device but its starting to frustrate me :blobwoah::blobwoah: like, this is just tragedy on the making. The target MIGHT and WILL get better under the mc's guidance and develop a sense of dependence towards them but what do they think will happen when they suddenly make the person in question disappear like a cloud? What kind of reaction do they expect the target to do? Be surprise and calm down then act like nothing? Yo what kind of human will react like that.

If they want to better the target just pick a person in their world for pete's sake, even a transmigrator that already died and has no connection to toher worlds is better because theres no "after this I'll be gone!" Brain circuit. Though I can tolerate stories with that thinking I always feel bad for ML lol.

And omg with this offer from the systems doesnt that mean that they arbitrarily kidnap people just to smack them in this new world?

Thank you for reading my ted talk:blobsalute::blobsalute::blobsalute:

2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    well this cat prefer the ero ver of that system
    19668.png
    similar system with prevent the blackening or prevent someone become villain?
    well it the administrator problem so the world not end~

Smile_for_me likes this.
  3. Smile_for_me

Reading List:
    Link
    OH MY OH MY I COULDNT AGREE MORE ero is always better for this stuff :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blob_grin:

Yea! Something like that

Actually its CSAYSML that enlightened me with this feeling lmaoaoaoao

4. CarburettorThomasson

CarburettorThomasson Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d imagine the mustard gas system to be the most cruel but this can be a close second.

5. Smile_for_me

Reading List:
    Link
    What is that? Please educate me lol

6. CarburettorThomasson

CarburettorThomasson Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a bad joke. You mentioned it being cruel so I made joke about mustard gas a weapon that was banned from war for being overly cruel. I honestly don’t know what system means I thought it was just like an isekai word for a unique power.

7. Smile_for_me

Reading List:
    Link
    Sort of? Its like playing games. The systems in stories give the mc missions and rewards. Some have no repercussions some can kill mc.

Love target(capture target) systems specifically are high risk because most mls are bonkers. I honestly havent found one in this genre where ml is actually sane and not a black bellied bastard lol. Systems like this give mc missions on what to do to, something related to ml or the main story.

CarburettorThomasson likes this.
  8. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe a Cupid system would be less cruel. MC's mission is to make two other characters fall in love. So after mission complete, the two get to stay together and mc goes home. Might be cruel to the mc if they start to care too much though.

9. Smile_for_me

Reading List:
    Link
    It is!! Thats a really adorable system imo. Mc will just feel like theyre raising children so it wont hurt as much as when youre getting separated from you lover:blobtired:
    They'll be a bit sad but be reassured that theyll still be there together

mir likes this.