Discussion Love

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Noche, Nov 18, 2017.

?

Do believe in love at first sight?

1. Yes

2. No

3. What is that thing called love?

4. Single 4 Live Mate

5. Ewww girl/women cooties

6. Ewww boy/me cooties

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Noche

Noche New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Out of curiousity what is your definition of love (romantic)? Do you believe in love (romantic) at first sight? Until what extent do you think using love (romantic, sexual, friends/family) as an excuse for the actions of people who claim "its all for love" is acceptable?

Please state what kind of love you are talking about.

Just in case cause some of you are too much. Its important to remember that forum rules and common sense still apply here.

Edit: I'll be back in 10-30 min

Shance likes this.
  2. JackStone

JackStone Wow. How nice. Good job.

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Zeckzen

Zeckzen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you eat it?

wonderer and LadyBlue like this.
  4. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    love at first sight is shallow.
    love at first interaction is less bullshit. though it depends on what kind of interaction.

as for love in general.. it cannot be explained by me.

5. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    Well love is something build upon someone so I don't understand love at first sight.
    Till it will get broken to pieces. See a lot of people get cheated, never love the idea of love << lol

6. rook14

rook14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried it once, didnt like the taste. :blobthumbsdown:

7. Jr194

Jr194 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    love is at first sight, imo, is fake, and one is only attracted to their outer appearance.... nothing more nothing less...its shallow as suijin said

As for my definition of it......
    I think its something thats developed, and not found ...
    idk lol ive never been in a relationship
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't believe is love in first sight, but I believe in lust in first sight with a foresight

Ak0w and zeus like this.
  9. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where you give up part of your life for the other person, they to you

10. Jaikteis

Jaikteis 【Box-Lunch Connoisseur】

Reading List:
    Link
    The particular courtship rituals of humans are diverse and results may vary between different sets of individuals. However, the short answer is yes.

Ak0w likes this.
  11. Midnight Coffee

Midnight Coffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    love at first sight is... I don't know how to describe it... lol

If you said that you loved her at the first sight, and then you didn't do anything, like interacting with her, or at least get her number, then it's not love at all. Only if you did something after that impulse, and you got to know her better, and maybe you clicked with each other, then that's love, no?

12. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    AliceShiki likes this.
  13. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    Love is just a metaphor for being sexually attracted toward someone. If you are not jealous of your love talking with someone else over you, okay with letting them leave you and other things like it, then its not love.

At first sight is only attraction.Even magneats needs to be brought closer for them to combine.

14. A.I.M.E-02847

A.I.M.E-02847 [Trying to understand Humanity]

Reading List:
    Link
    I never experience that so I don't believe it. Or my heart is just like cold steel :blobwoah:

15. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's been a long time since I've been in love, and even if it weren't, this is all going to be subjective.

Having said that, I think it boils down to a mixture of dependence, admiration and respect/compassion.

Superficial admiration can be obtained at first sight, but truly admiring a person for all he/she is, takes time and sometimes good luck. You know, since not all/many(?) people like to share about themselves and thus allow others to truly know and accept them... they're just satisfied with a superficial relationship...

...that scratches their need for dependence. You know, if you don't feel like you really need to be with the other person, then you most probably won't be willing to put up with their flaws in the long run. In my opinion, that dependence should be, in the case of love, emotional.
    After all, I've heard there's a lot of relationships that are maintained out of convenience, but have no love remaining.

Lastly, I feel respect/compassion is required to be willing to make the other person happy, and not just be satisfied with making oneself happy. I.e. being willing to notice that the other person is unhappy, listen to her, and try to address looming issues before they blow up completely. Simply put, if you don't prioritize the other person's happiness in any way (sometimes even at the cost of own happiness), I don't think it's love.

That's my current take on it.

AliceShiki likes this.
  16. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    You make me remember that feeling when I'm still in my second grade. It was the first time that I had met her, but something that is weird is that I feel this warm feelings in my heart, and I can't act properly around her. It's hard to describe how does it feel, and I do agree that it's weird to have that kind of feeling at the first sight

17. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On the issue of how much can be accepted to be done "for the sake of love"...

...well, I think nothing.

As adults, we're supposed to be able to take responsibility for our actions; if you're sacrificing something for the sake of your love, it's a cost you've decided to pay for it, and have to pay for it, yourself.

In other words, it's nice you're making a sacrifice for another, but it doesn't change your responsibility on your own deeds.

18. Manic Josei

Manic Josei 《Josei in a Shoujo's Clothing》

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't say I believe it but based upon the claims of other people, I guess it's true. In my case, I don't feel affection for someone unless I know them or at least know their personality.

19. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, according to my personal experience...

you have to differentiate between attraction, expectation and love. Attraction is when you see someone and attracted by him/her, this is not love. Expectation is when you expect your spouse to do something to you because you have done something to him/her, this is not love also. Love is just something you do to other people without attraction or expectation.

Now I'm not saying im saintly enough to know how to love any person this way. I'm just saying realising what love is, will eventually help you with your spouse. Coz no one is perfect and nothing will be there forever. If you like a person because of his/her look, it will detoriate. If you like someone who is hardworking, he might not be good with family stuff. If you like someone who is smart, s/he might not be smart forever. In the end its your commitment to love your spouse (and the other way around) that is going to make a marriage last or not.

20. little king

little king Ruler of Sloth [Neko-form]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope~ It must be your lower head that's working when that happens. . .

People just say that to exaggerate their first time meeting~