LCD Lucia

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Action, Jul 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nothing conclusive?! lucia being the first woman hugo has ever uh...you-know-the-word inside of is not conclusive---?! i mean, it's a world where science and technology isn't that advanced, so i think it's pretty conclusive...! hahaha, but of course, this is my own interpretstion, ilm just being dramatic!

i also don't understand the infertile part. i remember where it was stated, but i don't understand it. if she's never had sex(in her previous life,that seems to be the case?), how do you know you're infertile?? as i've stated above, i don't think the science and technology in lucia's time is that advanced...

2. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when lucia and hugo consummated their marraige, it was stated that this was his first time you-know-what inside a woman.

3. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought you can tell if your fertile or infertile due to your monthly bleeding?

4. S1ash

S1ash Muhahahaha

Reading List:
    Link
    the twist is she is not infertile!!!

5. Evelyn Guz

Evelyn Guz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well.. I re-read and in the first chapter.she says that after she has her menstruation at 15 years old she begins to suffer migraines at least once a month and that was a illness that tormebted her the rest of her life... so maybe because of that she is infertile

6. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how accurate is that lol, as in, scientifically? ...as long as she is menstruating, doesn't that mean that she can have children? of course, whether she actually has one is a different matter?
    can you? i've no idea.

Ran ahzu likes this.
  7. GingerWyrm

GingerWyrm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if you are incapable of menstruation then you are incapable of being pregnant, but if you are menstruating you may still be incapable of being pregnant.

Also, earlier people mentioned that Hugo has always pulled out. This is not a 100% birth control method so he could have a son despite never finishing in a woman before.

8. eseul

eseul [ blank ] |_・)

Reading List:
    Link
    i bet this thread is the only place that can talk so explicitly and it's just a calm conversation about a novel. xD

Action likes this.
  9. Evelyn Guz

Reading List:
    Link
    jjaja true
    About Hugo, i don't know because like you say eyaculating out is not a good birth control method, about lucia, that you have menstruation don't mean that you have ovulation. And ovulating, don't mean that the eggs (vaginal ovuli) or all of them are fertile

10. Kittsune

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess we will have to wait and see if Lucia ever gets pregnant and whether it answers why she says she can't. Too many questions and theories...

11. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those migraines were in her dream. Does she still get migraines in the reality though?

Haha I was thinking of that possibility too. But then again, I don't think she would have lied to the duke and said that she was infertile. Or maybe she thinks she's infertile but she really isn't.

Yea, I'm also wondering about that. Now I'm googling "how to know if you are infertile" ... lord save me

12. Evelyn Guz

Reading List:
    Link
    haha you're other of us eh, haha this novel is so god that i try to find what happen if you menstruate and it gives you migraines haha

13. Idk2017

Idk2017 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't it be that the child is not his but his brother's child...? I mean in this last chapter we were told of a dead member of the family that they don't like talking about, and he did say that he had never done 'that' before... then the translator said there are no waste words everything has a purpose... so it shouldn't be his son... I think.

14. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tell me about it! it's hilarious it's just people talking like it's science!

15. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol i'm pretty sure there isn't a way unless it's scientificaly proven...? even then, it's not 100%, hm...
    your statement is right, but the question is how would a woman know she is infertile if she has never done the deed with a man? it seems like lucia, in her 'dream', had never been with a man in that way.

It's true it' not a 100% birth control method, yeah.
    yes, i also think that it is not his son. it couod be his dead twin brother's...or maybe the child of a dead older sibling...? or the child of one of his relatives...? it could even be the child of one of his best friends! all the theoriesss!

16. zcorpio

zcorpio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About his named. what if Hugh is his original name, Hugo is his twin that he take under his name?

17. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -nods- certianly possible!
    my theory is that Hugo is his name, but Hugh is his nickname, that maybe only his family members called him by. And now,he no longer has any family, but sinc elucia is his wife, his 'new' family, she can call him by the nickname his family used to call him by, heh heh!

18. Kittsune

Reading List:
    Link
    Gasp the twin swap identification! Also I'm curious how do they determine whether a woman or man is the one that is infertile in the old times? Asides from copulation that is.

19. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Crazy fan theory:
    So in the Lucia world, there are old wives tales about infertility. Due to these old wives tales, Lucia thinks she's infertile. When really, she's perfectly capable of having babies.

I also found these really hilarious myths and old wives tales about fertility:

Rock an Empty Cradle- “If you rock the cradle empty, you will have babies plenty”, is an old Scottish rhyme. (Scotland)
    Cutting Wedding Cake- A bride must cut the first piece of cake or she will have a childless marriage. This tale is from Ireland. (Ireland)
    Wedding Date- Old Scottish fishermen used to say that bad luck and infertility is brought to those who get married when the fish aren’t biting. (Scotland)
    Water from a Blessed Water Well- In Ireland, a water well is a symbol of the feminine and is an entrance to the womb of a goddess. Drawing water from a well, blessed by a saint enhances fertility (Ireland)
    You need to orgasm in order to conceive
    Lifting your legs in the air for 20 minutes after having sex will help you get pregnant
    Doing it missionary style is the only way to conceive
    Eating yams while trying to conceive will cause twins

Kittsune likes this.
  20. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm not sure either, but my own guess, judging from the hints in the novel, is due to lucia's period symptoms, something like that? for example, maybe something like 'if a girl has headaches while having her period, she is infertile/very unlikely to have babies'?
    the olden people for my culture used to think that if a girl has severely bad period cramps, she was very unlikely to get pregnant. something like that.