Resolved Lucky protagonist for whom fishes are willing to die for

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Lady Lullaby, May 8, 2021.

1. Lady Lullaby

Lady Lullaby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lucky protagonist (MC) (I can't find the novel using this tag) who got into a variety show.
    One of their tasks for the show, they had to pair up (he wasn't paired with the ML, I think it was a supporting character) and trek all the way to their camping sites. Once they got there (exhausted)... the production team of the variety show asked them to start looking for food (aka scavenging) else they won't have anything to eat. Anyways, there went the MC and his partner, looking for berries and then fishing...
    (and this is the part that I remember so vividly)
    the other pairs have gotten a head start on fishing, getting the better location (in the river) and one pair fished one small fish (I think the other didn't get a bite? (on the line).

but even if the protagonist went into a less than ideal location, one with faster water flow, the fishes (good sized ones) took the bait on their own accord... so, the MC got a good catch due to his luck (idk why I can't find it with that tag)

then the production team revealed that they're going to welcome 2 esteemed guests into the camp and the campers are meant to provide for the guests too. (whoever they provide for, they'd have them as team members for the following event/task)....

okay, I remember a bit more... (hopefully this isn't from another slightly similar setting)
    I think this is also a transmigration (take over another person's body) story and "getting revenge for or fulfill the wishes of the original" or "rising from the bottom" trope.

The original had one-sided feelings for one of the guests (a douche; but pretty famous public figure... actor?) and this guest is romantically involved with one of the female of the other paired teams, coming over to increase hype for his girlfriend. The douche came over and found that his team was the one who got a measly little fish compared with MC's team, the girlfriend was a bit ashamed about the little food she can offer but the douche just brushes the problem off by saying that it won't be a problem to not eat for a night or something like that.
    the other guest ended up with the protagonist's team because he did have more food than the other team. This dude was probably the ML but this doesn't have the trope with "ML with eating problems and only protagonist's food can stimulate his appetite".

danmei which I can't find in "lucky protagonist" tag ಥ_ಥ
    sorry all I remember are bits and pieces but maybe someone remembers the things I remembered... hopefully

2. Kodiak

Kodiak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Sky2829

Sky2829 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You’re not able to find this novel because this novel isn’t BL at all. This is the exact scene from The CEO’s Villainess Childhood Friend. The first guest was the CEO (original’s childhood love) and other guest was the ML.

All of a sudden, everyone’s attention focused on Xing Yichen. They were all curious as to whether he treasured his sister more, or his girlfriend.

Thus, there was a momentary silence on the set.

In the midst of this silence, Ye Peicheng was first to speak: “I choose Qiao Moyu and Qian Qian.”

After saying so, he slowly walked over and stood beside Qiao Moyu and her teammate.

Seeing that Ye Peicheng had made his choice, the host smiled and said to Xing Yichen, “Well, Director Xing’s choice is now very important.”

“Brother, you and Sister Ruohuan should work together!” Xing Wanshuang was first to speak up to help him. At the same time, she expressed her support for her brother and sister-in-law!

Xing Yicheng spoke: “Alright, I’ll join Ruohuan’s and Brother Wang’s team!”

“Since everyone is in their assigned teams, let’s start preparing dinner now!” After the host’s announcements, the cameraman took out a light source he had prepared beforehand and used it to light up the area.

“Let’s see, what ingredients have the three groups gathered for today?” The host went over to Qiao Ruohuan’s side for a look. Noticing that there were only a few fruits left, he couldn’t hold in his laughter as he said, “Director Xing, I’ll have to trouble you today!”

Xing Yichen replied with a suave smile: “It’s no big deal.”

“Did group one get anything as well?” However, when the host saw the small palm-sized fish, he was left speechless.

He then walked up to Qiao Moyu and said: “It seems that I no longer have any hope for dinner tonight…”

Before he could finish his words, Qin Qianqian opened the bag that was tied to her back, immediately revealing six lively fish right before the camera.

“Heavens, where did this come from!” The host was shocked.

“All of these were caught by Qiao Moyu!” Qin Qianqian proudly boasted.

“So it seems that Moyu is our master fisherman! Peicheng, you’ve chosen a good team!” The host smiled and waved at the other two teams: “Sorry, but our program team’s rule is that even if a team has plenty of food while another starves, no one can share their food with other teams. Alright, everyone, please begin your tasks!”

Right when he said ‘start,’ Qiao Moyu had already picked up a bag and walked towards the river.

However, before she could go forward two steps, the man beside her took the bag from her: “It’s too heavy, I’ll help you.”

The two of them walked towards the edge of the water and began to prepare the fish. At this moment, the audience over at the livestream were quite lively.

“Hahaha, I just saw CEO Xing’s expression when he saw how many fish were collected in his group. Check it out on Weibo!”

“Director Xing must be regretting his decision. If he had known about this earlier, he would’ve chosen the third group!”

“No, no, no. Director Xing will definitely choose the second group, even if it means he has to starve!”

“Wow, have you guys noticed just how compatible Film Emperor Ye and Brother Yu are? They both went to the riverside to handle the fish!”

“Aaaaahhh seriously! Why do they both have such tacit understanding of each other?”

“I think my Brother Yu finally looks like a girl when standing next to Ye Peicheng!”

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  4. Lady Lullaby

Lady Lullaby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Sky2829
    Thank you so much (人*´∀`)。*゚+
    so that's why I haven't found this... yeah, that seems to be around the right page where I last read ( ≧Д≦) thank you so much this has been bugging me for weeks because I forgot what happened before and wanted to know what happens next.

I can't believe I forgot about a baby in a "suddenly got a baby" story ヘ(。□°)ヘ

aShinyVaporeon and Sky2829 like this.