LCD M E M O R I Z E

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by craBebe, Sep 23, 2016.

1. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If this was God and Devil World she'd probably get raped and tortured before finally meeting the MC and begging him to save her or to end her life.

But probably that's not it.

jenchan likes this.
  2. jenchan

jenchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha! I know how much you dislike her, but who knows, maybe she'll come around later in the story.
    Would you still dislike her then?

3. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    MC only wanted her for her stats and her similarity to someone he knew really. And it wasn't a random clan but the largest clan in the country. Factor in her class requiring lots of money, her logic in theory is sound.

The only issue is the MC. I personally don't get his logic of what he is trying to do. Generally if a person wants to get people on his side, he would tell them the plan from the get go(or at least part of the plan). Instead he is completely apathetic. Not to mention his actions completely contradict themselves (he wants them to blindly rely on him yet at same time not to blindly rely on him)

For now i'll just assume that he has issues communicating with people and not good with social interactions. (though it doesn't seem like that at first...)

No, her issue is that she is too smart. She knows the MC is the logic type, but his actions are illogical. When someone who is always logical makes illogical decisions, it often means that they know something you don't. This is why she is feeling iffy, she thinks he knows something but doesn't trust her and others to tell them.

So in turn she thinks that he knows something and is using them. Of course she knows the golden lion clan is also planning on using them, but as the saying goes "better enemies you know than enemies you don't know".

She knows the MC is onto something better, but she doesn't know if his party members are going to benefit or will they just be sacrifices.

Simply put, it is the MCs fault for not even stating his goals.

elengee likes this.
  4. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She doesn't know the clan's goals either. She asked a question "what do you get out of training us" and the speaker was like "uhh...." and didn't even answer. So she has absolutely zero reason to trust a clan, which she knows nothing about, vs guy who she went through life and death situations with, and has risked his life to save his team (including her) on multiple occasions. The clan has never done anything for her, so why would she trust it.

It's not logical or smart. It's retarded.

Mrots1, jenchan and Trent like this.
  5. Trent

Trent ☕ Ursine Tea Zealot ☕

Reading List:
    Link
    @lnv, I think the novel's certainly trying to convince us that she's too smart, but I'm not buying Han-Byul's supposed intelligence much more than I do the "genius" of a xianxia MC. If she followed the MC, she'd only have one guy she needs to keep an eye on, and she knows that his current followers are good people. If she joins a clan, she has countless people and designs to be wary of, many of whom she won't even know exist, and many of whom will be so much more physically or politically powerful than her that she won't be able to resist sinister intentions or indifference to her well-being. With the MC, if she decides to leave at any time, whether after getting a bad feeling or deciding that she wants to strike out on her own, there's very little stopping her. If she starts feeling unsafe while part of a clan, it'll likely be much more difficult, if not impossible, to leave.

The claims a novel makes aren't automatically correct, especially if it's a character making them. Han-Byul's decision is incredibly illogical. If she wasn't supposed to be a super logical person, we could accept her mistakes. But she's faulting on what are meant to be her defining character traits. She's a failed character.

jenchan and keklel like this.
  6. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you like miss a chapter or something? She spent quite a few weeks in the academy, part of that was talking to that guy about their plans. In latest chapter she even revealed that a secret was told to her about building a base and stuff. She even told the guy her class before the MC. Which means over the past few weeks, she got to know things a lot better.

And considering the instructors are from the clans, I would more than bet that the clans did plenty for her.

I am sorry, but you are clearly wrong. What you are doing is using your knowledge of the MC and bias towards the MC to make that conclusion, not looking things from a neutral perspective.

One one side you have a stable society that existed for years. There might be corruption and and issues, but this society guarantees law, order, food, and resources. Even if everyone has their agenda, she does not need to trust anyone and just work on mutual benefits. If things go sour where both sides don't like each other, you might be able to go to another clan.

On the other side you have a person who just arrived who plans to walk into the wilderness and anarchy. If you have a fallout with MC or anyone, your pretty much on your own in the middle of nowhere. You don't even have enough people to a guarantee a safe environment to sleep. Let alone food and resources.

This is why the MC should have at least revealed part of his cards, he didn't need to lay everything out but at least enough to get some trust.

Remember she is a Jewel Mage, if she can't get her hands on jewels she is pretty much a useless class. A large clan sounds way better than a noob who may not even be able to afford dinner.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    namia91, elengee, Jaded and 2 others like this.
  7. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    so, who is reading the raws and can tell us whether or not Han-Byul becomes an ally of the MC again (joining his pseudo clan) or becomes an enemy of the mc?

8. IronDoge

IronDoge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd assume from this trailer of the visual novel

and the screens from the cell phone game, they're BFF's

TheSinofPriDe likes this.
  9. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, don't tell me Park Dong-gul is still in this novel for hundreds of chapters? I thought he was just some throwaway trash character.

10. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Animal ears?

Also, we don't know how far the game goes, there might also be side events that do not show up in the novel. BAsed on the trailer I did not see anything that wasn't in the first few chapters.

11. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I was the MC, I'd be more than a little pissed off if she abandoned the group to join a clan for benefits and then came back later when she decided that the group would be more beneficial for her. What if later on the group needs her but she doesn't need the group anymore? She would just abandon them again.

No sane person would want a selfish and unreliable person in his group who would abandon you at the drop of a hat as soon as they decided it was "rational" (i.e in their own best interests) to leave.

That's why a sane MC would never choose to accept her back into the group, unless it was just to use her and then throw her away.

12. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know if there's any plans to release the visual novel in English?

13. jenchan

Reading List:
    Link
    I checked their website and I think the visual novel can be accessed through the app, which is only available in Korea.
    Unless someone can get the raws, most likely not. The art looks really nice though! ^^

Ingenuity likes this.
  14. Lawlyeth

Lawlyeth [Gorrila Warfare Expert]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds weird...

I'm hoping for some lnmtl because the release speed is awful

15. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    lnmtl literally only machine translate chinese novel no kr no jp no other asian book. so no hope at all

Lawlyeth likes this.
  16. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    so what chapter is it he graduate on the vr? season 1 or season 2?

17. jenchan

Reading List:
    Link
    Better than it being dropped forever. I'm just glad someone picked it up.

18. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    new chapter!!!

jenchan likes this.
  19. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whew! A lot happened this chapter. The crew got to Mule and found an inn and had a conversation with the innkeeper about why she kicked out the previous guest.

jenchan likes this.
  20. jenchan

Reading List:
    Link
    That innkeeper was hilarious! xD