LCD M E M O R I Z E

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by craBebe, Sep 23, 2016.

1. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man I just can't get over how GOOD this novel is! The detail of the action is pretty amazing.

Still, I think MC should have taught them beforehand what formations to use, how to fight vs different types of enemies etc. Although that would have raised suspicion I'm sure he could have come up with a reasonable excuse.

2. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started reading, but what's lawful chaos? Isn't it lawful evil?

"Park Don-Gul" should be Chaotic Evil, not Devil Chaos.

3. IronDoge

IronDoge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The alignment system isn't D+D. It seems to be more based on the persona they utilize in the world, which differs on the situation. An "inner" and "outer" persona sometimes, if you will.

The protagonist is Lawful · Chaos; most of the time with people he'll cheerfully promote unity. But if the rules of social conventions get in the way, he'd happily set all of them on fire, in secret if it'd cause him trouble, to further his aims. His internal monologue in later chapters is not 'evil', he actually values his friends as more than mere pawns. He's neither 'good' or 'evil', simply pragmatic.

A pure Chaos character can't even bring themselves to pretend to be bound by another's rules.

Very rarely does a character have a "Good" or "Evil" (Devil) alignment, which is imo a lot more realistic. Everyone in the world wants to take care of themselves first and foremost, they should be extremely rare character traits.

A character with a "True" alignment doesn't have this two-faced aspect in their approach to society.

That's at least my interpretation of the alignment system. Assuming the translators and editors know what a Dungeons and Dragons is and double checked this stuff.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    keklel, Zone Q11 and ongoingwhy like this.
  4. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm....

First of all, why is nobody curious how Soo-Hyun even knows what a Dark Scorpion is, let alone how to fight it?

Secondly, why didn't he have them practice fighting together before? At least they could practice fighting together vs dummies or something?

Also, if he knew that Dark Scorpions were common, why didn't he warn them about it? Wouldn't it be super suspicious now that he suddenly seems to know about Dark Scorpions when he attended the same academy that they did?

Also also, wouldn't they get super curious about how he managed to shatter the tail with a single glancing blow from his sword, and how he's able to kick the Dark Scorpions about and kill them in one stab like they're Barbie dolls? Isn't that overly suspicious?

The author better have prepared full explanations in the next chapter. This is already raising a red flag in my mind.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  5. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, dropped. What do now. Someone please pick it up.

Zone Q11 and Haiku575 like this.
  6. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    if there is a next chapter translated that is...

7. garunix

garunix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is libraries both in Mule and Barbara... He's been studying books he borrowed from there to prepare for Mule's dungeon for like the last 6-7 chapters it would be perfectly normal for him to know about the common monsters in Mule

8. Droma

Droma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really hoping another translator picks this up now that it's been dropped. I think the interest in the novel would pick up with more regular releases as so far it's definitely on the more serious side of the going back to the past type stories. So far I think it's better than King of the Battlefield and depending on how the interactions with characters go in the future may be on par with Reincarnator.

9. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been always like this when all shits starting to get really good then in the middle of nowhere the smooth sailing ship sunk on a deep blue sea.
    Why all the Great KR novels always drops on a good part and the shit ones still on going why God WHY!!?:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Zone Q11 and rusty32539 like this.
  10. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    What. There aren't that many great dropped Korean novels but still :cry:

Zone Q11 likes this.
  11. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Studying books doesn't prepare you for actual combat. The skills he showed in combat, especially his familiarity with fighting the Dark Scorpion, definitely cannot be explained away by just reading books for a few days.

The character interactions so far have been rather shallow. All the MC has done so far is just treat the other members like children. There's no meaningful relationship to be had if all the other characters are completely reliant on you like children. His interaction with the innkeeper was also...underwhelming. It was just: she comes in, tries to pry some info out of him, he threatens to kill her, she backs down. The end. He does not ask her to join his party or anything.

Perhaps it was dropped because it keeps getting worse from here onwards.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  12. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    Information doesn't necessarily need to come from 1 place he can say he cross checked with residents
    And the relationships in this novel are still alot better than a few others that are still being translated. I mean he's making them fight now so they won't be reliant on him later but miscalculated and forgot to take in their mentality and I don't know why your complaining over him treatening the land lady person when she pretty much been JUST introduced did she get you with her temptation skill? Lol

Well hopefully it gets picked up again so we can find out

13. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Boy and the Beast

Boy and the Beast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, this novel has over 1000 chaps :D
    also, there is a harem tag in it, but from the many korean novels that I have read, the MC usually goes on his own business even if there is a harem. So, is the harem in this, the irritating type or not? Thanks.

15. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    *puts up a grave*
    May the next translator pick up the history of work again.

16. Arbalest

Reading List:
    Link
    No the harem tag here is not the ones on Jap/CHN novel MC here is decent has a reasonable mind unlike Jap/chn harem MC on those part are only thinking on their lower part before anything els. MC here is not forcing anyone to like/love him they just fall for him / follow him because his kinda strong kind and reliable. (another persona is hidden within the mind) (note not all novel on Jap/Chn are those types but the decent ones are only few)

Boy and the Beast likes this.
  17. Boy and the Beast

Boy and the Beast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. Translated korean novels - most of them - are usually the ones where the harem doesn't mean its literal meaning and usually, it just shows the females infatuation to the MC and nothing more than that.
    But since there is a harem tag, I had to ask :) Thank you :).

Regarding japanese novels, the only novel I liked was Overlord :D There were other good novels too like arifurita or something, but the MC becomes way too out of character when dealing with the women and it is the case with many of them, so I dropped it.

18. Dastaan

Dastaan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stupendously bored of this.
    I mean a total do over would mean something more than just 'hey this is possible if you have a bit of time'

19. Arbalest

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for miracle....

Zone Q11 likes this.
  20. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is one of the longest Korean novels so far, IIRC raws had something like 1068 chapters. Most of the commonly translated ones are around 180-240. It is huge work ahead, huge commitment, so this may scare some people off.
    Just wonder around in the internet to find raws and MTL until you bleed from ears :)

Arbalest likes this.