[Mafia] DotA Lynch Game #6 Christmas Edition

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by A5G_Reaper, Dec 26, 2016.

?

Who will live to see the third night?

Poll closed Dec 27, 2016.
  1. Player #1

9.5%
  2. Player #2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Player #3

4.8%
  4. Player #4

4.8%
  5. Player #5

14.3%
  6. Player #6

4.8%
  7. Player #7

9.5%
  8. Player #8

14.3%
  9. Player #9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Player #10

4.8%
  11. Player #11

9.5%
  12. Player #12

4.8%
  13. None of them! LOL!

57.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Chocol8

Chocol8 [Chocolate Sect Founder] [Chocolate Lover]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not the vote but dires will kill her for sure unless they don't want to win.. zeus must never use their skill if dires want to win

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, so...

Option A) Zeus is Lynched, dires get to kill another radiant.
    Option B) Someone else is Lynched, dires kill Zeus.

Do tell me one reason why option A is better than B for Radiant.

Bielt likes this.
  3. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    I know I am.. But since we are in a forum with different time zones and RL.. using it the RL card as a lie is not good in my books.. Yes it can lead to a high chance to win but it makes others who want to play even with RL stuff not.. Not just saying it for me but for others.. Which is why I never told someone was lying when they did the RL card because they might be telling the truth and telling them they are lying is just basically giving unwanted stress.. this is a game we should have fun.. if RL reasons can't be used due to some using it as a play then chances of increasing players would be low.. But if someone wants to do it then go ahead.. just that for me it is a hollow victory.. because those who do that play just want a reason to not comment much and thus slip less.. really playing safe...making people suspect them also, making those who have RL things being suspected of lying also thus preventing them from playing unless they are sure they are free.. or the games time is favorable to them lol.. again this isn't just for me but for future players who might have RL issues.. I want a mafia game with lots of players to have a possibility of having 2 mafias

4. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the lynch sure? A lynch is never sure, lynching someone corners them and makes them slip more, which is why lynching at day 1 is good.. depending on how they respond the radiant could change but sadly radiants won't change much... and when they do role claim, will you believe it? without the role being revealed in the game at the start, no one would.. you didn't even believe her :p

5. Omnifarious

Omnifarious Re: member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wooh now, I am only talking about the specific incident with Iampsyx's zeus. True, If you know what you are doing go ahead, but what I am trying to flesh out is the part: what are you doing

and I think @brasca123 is asking something along the same line.

6. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    I was one one of the player that had RL circumstances, (and i couldn't not play because the game had already started.)

I know how shitty it is.

But it's still a valid thing~
    There is no hollow victory~
    Only hallow victory, would be if they didn't participated in the game in any way.

And like I told you, people that don't talk slip as much as people that do talk~

If you are able to see it, then even if the person don't say anything, you will find out who they are.

7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't, mainly because Rea-chan never said the role of Zeus existed.

And well, if you don't do anything, people won't change their vote, role claiming is one method of making them change vote when you couldn't convince them to give up on voting on you.
    Well, it's mainly that, if you know the when to, it's a good idea to roleclaim, needs to know the right moment.

When people are dead set in lynching you, is quite a good moment IMO.

8. Omnifarious

Reading List:
    Link
    @Chocol8
    been looking around other mafia boards ( sorry I have been unfaithful Reaper...) to better undertand, how forum mafia works, some games have rules like this

those games do have really really long day phases and have a vote threshold that locks when a majority is reached and ends instantly

Chocol8 likes this.
  9. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, which is why I recommend for players in the game to allow recent information to be visible.. This allows players to see if they are online or not.. I mean if this was a real life game.. You can be silent but people know you are there.. here you can actually be silent and no one knows which is which.. at least being able to see the recent information or what you did recently.. people can see if you are active or not..

Yes, silent ones are in a way easier to find.. One of the reasons that prevent me from confirming it is again, I assume they are busy in RL

10. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes that is what I mean... Which is why I never questioned anyone saying they are busy in RL because I understand that when I say I am busy, I am and I will play when I have time.. I don't know about long day phases.. but maybe making the day phase into 2 days would be beneficial for those who are busy and might pull more players in.. but depends on @A5G_Reaper .. This doesn't mean I will join though.. Don't want to join yet due to RL stuff

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Or you can simply ignore their RL, not like it matters anyway.

If they are busy IRL, fine, then they don't have enough time to play anyway, might as well get rid of them since they don't contribute much to the game.

Silent people don't make difference, so you can just kill them because you don't know much about them.
    Would take too long... Too easy to forget stuff.

12. Bielt

Reading List:
    Link
    But doing as you said is something that isn't that good too...

For example in the Resistence game we played...

I was really busy, and the small time I had to enter NuF, I used to talk with shadow, and the other AG GM's because I too am a staff there and I was helping planning many things out

If it was open to public, you would see me on, and think I was using RL as excuse.
    But it wasn't... It's just that as a staff I need to give priority to work on the things I am responsible before any other game.

13. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    Some might be able to contribute.. If they really want.. I remember I was only able to online for a bit during my first game XD..

Not always.. There is a reason a radiant would be silent.. Won't say what since I want you to discover it :3 and don't want to spoil you.. Once you think of possible plays.. Being silent doesn't necessarily mean dire.. Though once a lot do it.. then it is bad.. Also being silent but active is different from being silent and not.. If he doesn't talk much but his votes still leads to dire lynch or stuff then he is still contributing.. as long as he thinks when he acts he can be silent for all I care.. An active useless one is not what I need.. I need those who can think

14. Bielt

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with Brasca in this point.

Too long is bad.
    I only ended in that situation of been so busy that I couldn't play, because the game too way too long to end.
    Extending it even more is something I am completely against.

And no Brasca.
    Killing people just because they are silent is stupid.

First you will be giving the advantage to someone, and other is that even if they are not active that doesn't mean they can't work out some things

15. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but I remember you said in another game or somewhere you would be busy and only will commit to AG all free time.. which is why I defended you a bit and made me put you on 50% spy only.. Though you still resulted to a spy, and though a part of me is wondering if it was a play then, I still went to believe you are really busy..

Besides they can comment also like.. "Sorry can't do much today but will read or do better next day.. Or am busy with another thing".. Though if known before hand, they shouldn't play the game at all actually.. The RL thing and knowing activity is for unexpected things that happen when the game already started

16. Omnifarious

Reading List:
    Link
    Speaking of time zone, I alway have to sleep when you come online Choco and Co.
    but to answer this:
    scheming have it charms certainly, but comparatively, I do like being Radiant Creep better, the is a certain.. freedom and... audacity to it. and a touch of elegance in manoeuvring actively as powerless.

I think being Chen and Omni, or any powered for that matter have a certain burden and responsibility, creeps have no such worries.

And I enjoy the erm.... how should I put it... the aggressive affection being a creep can have.
    Like:
    I know you are radiant, I know you don't think I am radiant, but I am gonna MAKE you my ally. Whether you like it or not!
    No, no, stop running away! you can trust me! W-We are friends!!! Come back!

you say that, but *shutters* inactives are... inactives... and inactives will be inactive when active are needed..no
    nonono...bury the feelings... bury the feelings...bury the feelings

Anyway nighty night

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    If his vote lynch a dire and he doesn't talk, I'll just consider the person is following a bandwagon, playing a game that relies on talking, only to not talk is the same as not really trying to play the game, might as well lynch this person unless I know of someone that is a dire.
    Eh? As long as I don't have any suspicions, I will aim for silent people.

If we have worthless day 1 like we had on all games, and random lynch on day 2, I prefer to aim my random lynch at someone that doesn't talk, I'll at the very least have more fun in the game if the living people actually talk.

No reason to aim my random lynch at someone that is active when I can get rid of an inactive one.

Of course I won't do that if I have some suspicion already, but if I am blind, then I'll go for the worthless people.

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... People that don't get active on night phase and miss the kill... Twice...

Omnifarious likes this.
  19. Bielt

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasnt~
    I was really busy~

To the point I couldn't even have lunch time at work, and had to eat sandwiches as lunch for an entire month....

And working more than 10 hours per day...

But I must admit that I took vantage of that, and used it at my advantage...

Trying my best to use that situation to cause confusion and misunderstandings

20. Bielt

Reading List:
    Link
    Your misunderstanding~

The game needs brain and information~
    If you can get information without talking~

There is no true reason to talk~
    Remember the examples of Chen's play I gave you~?

The most important thing here, is having a solid strategy, clear view, and being adaptable~