[Mafia] DotA Lynch Game #7

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by A5G_Reaper, Jan 9, 2017.

?

[PLAYERS ONLY] Reveal roles?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2017.
  1. Yes

58.8%
  2. No

41.2%
  1. Chocol8

Chocol8 [Chocolate Sect Founder] [Chocolate Lover]

Reading List:
    Link
    This was funny haha..

Like what some said.. @shad12ow was an obvious creep... radiant creep if you look closer.. @SpearOfLies also had a great plan there with the chen :3... shame no one realized it I think..

Not sure on some of the things but I really enjoyed the first night... @seriouslynope was focused by everyone XD... It showed at least for me that the neutral was more likely a veteran

@Omnifarious you also slipped a bit, I think due to the pressure of the threat of the neutral role XD.. You were giving signs of dire..

@Tony and @Pythagoras Theorem congrats on your first game.. hope you play more.. Tony really had something there haha.. when he linked omni and @LifeFrog .. also for the liking of posts, nice observation :3... Thought no one would use that logic.. It might seem meta but it is a lead haha, which is why I try not to like much when I play xD

@A5G_Reaper thanks for including the role :3... Hope you include the other ones too ;).. I hope I can play with them

2. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    ohh~

so you also proposed some roles like that~ ^^

3. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Somebody enlighten me with @SpearOfLies' Chen plan, please. Because if I counter-claimed then yes, Omni would have protected me (say @Tony didn't do it first night, or consecutive protection was allowed) but I would've been dead meat next night.

Bielt likes this.
  4. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup there were two more I think.. a neutral and something else for the dire.. one of them is something I like :3..

@SpearOfLies I will explain your plan okay?.. You can correct me if I am wrong..

Spear suggested chen to verify @brasca123 , if radiant don't say a thing. If dire say something... If followed by chen, then on the next day, brasca would be suspected as radiant by all radiants which would remove her from the lynch list.. but might put her on kill list the following night.. If brasca turned out to be dire then once chen reveals it, a dire is dead. and chen gets protected by omni.. lynching the dire will result to leads on who to investigate further, and increase chance of hitting a dire with the investigation. if not radiant then more radiants are confirmed and dires are more likely revealed.. still a win win.. only problem will be how the other radiants will act >.>.. risky for the chen but as long as a dire is killed it is good I think.. we have to be daring in our roles :3..

Also suspected you as dire btw since you lynched spear XD, was shocked to find out you weren't XD.. also suspected @Omnifarious right then hahah

Who did you investigate though?

SpearOfLies and Bielt like this.
  5. Bielt

Reading List:
    Link
    hehehe~
    I also wish to see the one I sugested~ XD

well there is the first and crucial mistake.
    Never play thinking others will understand what you are thinking.

it will just fuck up other people's play~
    and get you killed useless.

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    Just need to know who understands you I guess.. I also am like spear in a way so I can understand the plays a bit, which is also why I suspected omni immediately hahah.. he should have seen some of it but still continued to lynch him though he did 'try' to understand spear's plan XD.. was so fun to watch that

7. Bielt

Reading List:
    Link
    the problem is that radiant have no way of confirming information.

so you have no way of knowing for sure if the person that can understand you is on your side, in the first place.

besides Chen is a useful role, throwing it out like that is not smart from my point of view.
    revealing it on the first or second day is definitely not something I would do.

especially because Chen can play the most important role in the late game if the player uses his cards right.

8. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    As said in Liar Game, to trust a person you must doubt them first...

It is a risk but good for the long run.. Knowing who understands your plays is a good thing.. yes they might not be on your side but since they understand your play then depending on their action, it will reveal what their side is on..

I am all for Chen not being sacrificed but if sacrificing it kills a dire or possibly two then I am all for it. Most games only have 4-5 dires, doing this leads to 3-4 dires left and a big lead on who the dires are, all depends on the radiants now how they use it XD. Besides the best case scenario of Chen surviving until the crucial moment is a higher risk... Since they have to survive lynches and night kills first

9. Bielt

Reading List:
    Link
    the chance of Chen getting a good hit right out of the bet and an surviving until till the crucial moment~

is the same~
    the ability of the player~
    sacrificing him on day 1 and 2~
    isn't a good idea~
    the chance of getting 1 hit isn't the biggest~

but the chance of him dying it almost certain.

10. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    which is why him not saying anything if the target is a radiant is there... will only sacrifice if said target is dire... also targets for investigation will be narrowed down based on the actions of some players like shadow's play and spear at least for me.. so that's 2 radiants plus chen resulting to 4 radiants left on this game versus 4 dires and a neutral... chances now lean towards hitting an enemy... problem now lies if it hits the neutral since it is a dead end XD... better to hit a dire as leads can be found there

11. Bielt

Reading List:
    Link
    Him not saying anything is the same as not excluding anyone right?

Besides like I said asking it that way is way too scrumy~
    Especially using that forceful approach.

Not to mention it is as I said before pulling everyone's gun's to yourself.

12. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    It was scummy to me at first too but there was merit in it.. Well will find out once it really is tested, I can already figure out some problems with it but until it is tested we won't know

13. Omnifarious

Omnifarious Re: member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey! That's understandable right? *Remembers Queen of Smiles* *shudders* And I saw what was happening with littlefox and that moved the timetable forward... No excuses, I suppose, I needed to play better...

You give me too much credit, had no clue what was going on?

I am just an average player, and my plans tend to be understandable by both Dire and Radi, and plays on uncertainty and mechanics rather than a need for people understanding me, because they do understand even new players they are just not sure.

You and Spear's plays are just too high a level... while there is no fault in being too clever, I don't really know if any of the radiants in that game understood it. If none did is it still a good play? considering all the actions and possibilities post-spear-death.

BTW, I don't really believe in chance or probability in mafia... In saying "I know there is 1 in 4 remaining is mafia, that is a 25%" I believe that is an illusion of control, there is no chance, only that action and evidence that leads to an inevitable conclusion.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Bielt likes this.
  14. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Bad point about that plan would be if Chen investigated three Radiants in a row, then got killed. I investigated @brasca123 Night 1, then @Omnifarious Night 2 but got killed before I was given any results.

Omnifarious and Bielt like this.
  15. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it is understandable, I would have been like that too I think.. Just the thought of all possible plans leaked lol... well time to be cautious when being dire with a neutral around lol..

Maybe not the plan itself but at least I expected you not to vote for spear I guess. I don't expect you to trust spear cause that is a mistake already but at least to not vote him at that time I guess. Mine is more on information I guess, but sometimes I wonder if my evidences are not yet clear cause people don't trust me lol..

On chances, well it depends.. on radiants side it is a probability especially on first lynches since no one really knows a thing other than rely on meta or guts, but on mafia's side it is controlled since they can vote things. Which is why I promote people to lynch someone and it isn't the result I am after but the act of lynching. Nothing is really random for me especially for votes.. unless the player just likes to vote randomly

16. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that would mean you are on day 4 by that time or day 3... the votes and other stuff can be used to help determine the dires.. and will also depend if the time for the chen to reveal also would be beneficial, like even if no dire was investigate.. but all the radiants left were investigated then revealing so would be good to do so.. But like I said, still need to be seen.. which might not happen since players must trust each other lol... and there are a lot of possible problems with this... and oh the game lasted for 3-4 nights only?

17. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy that you understand part of plan. The only reason I'm not against first day lynch is the fact they said the second day first lynch useless as well, but when happen that the both first lynch two day useless and radiance dare to act when it's already to late.

18. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    Well like I said, I am not after the result but the act of lynching.. no lynch leads to no clues.. though some situations may be good for this like to know what roles are there based on the first night, but sometimes it might already be too late if not close to it

19. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    What info it give to you when lynch @shad12ow first day became common sense?

20. Chocol8

Reading List:
    Link
    What you mean common sense here? If you mean it was common sense he was radiant at that moment then that is what I mean.. actually got an idea from it too will have to see if it works, so secret for now