Magic Academy - Shopping District

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Jeanette, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Jeanette

Jeanette Lemo's wife, Anra's heroine, Aliceshiki's Kouhai

Reading List:
    Link

Commerce is the lifeblood of empires, its flow from all corners of the distant lands is unceasing and if one dared to proclaim a place to be at the heart of it all, it would be this place.

Objects mundane and extraordinary both exchange hands of all races of this realm. To seek something here, no matter how rare, is to find it, given enough time.

If you are willing to pay the price?

That is another question.

Important notice:
    A shopping district is a dangerous place for the unwary. Merchants will try to overcharge anyone who seems out of touch with the prices of this place, new students, in particular, being often found easy marks.

To avoid certain incidents from happening again, the school board has decided to include a small list of common goods one may wish to purchase from this place, along with their prices. Listed prices are not to be taken for granted, however, as individual merchants may choose whatever price they desire to sell their products at. May it simply serve as an orientation tool for those who wish to purchase products in this place.

We are aware of cooking being a popular pastime for some of our student body, and so, see it appropriate to include a very rough outline of the prices ingredients for making a meal would come out for.

[​IMG]
    With few, very common ingredients, meals of this kind are exceedingly cheap to produce, although, for those with more sophisticated tastes, they may not be to their liking. You should expect price range of 2-5$ for ingredients to create one, or 5-10$ should you choose to visit one of the many outdoor stands or restaurants littering the shopping district.

[​IMG]
    More complicated to make, with more and sometimes rarer ingredients, these meals are what one may consider fine cuisine worthy of student of a prestigious organization such as the Academy. To gather ingredients for making one yourself would cost aspiring cook 10-20$ and to experience the wonders of the worlds best cooks on this level, would make one short 40-50$

[​IMG]
    A great meal may sometimes be just what is needed to forget the stresses of student life, for such occasions, one may consider spending a little extra to relax with a meal worthy of kings. To cook a meal like that however often requires many ingredients, some of which may be exotic or simply more expensive. Ingredients for such meal may then come up to 40-50$, and to find a restaurant to sell such wonders? Probably not in the shopping district.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    Nefasdetestasti likes this.
  2. Jeanette

Reading List:
    Link
    Reserved for stuff

3. Jeanette

Reading List:
    Link
    Reserved for stuff
    Aliceshiki is a very comfy pillow

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    Nooo
    Not ready yet >.<

Jeanette likes this.
  5. Lovise

Lovise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait wait wait, it is not just a simple shopping district?
    That sound ambitious. Is this area like a city of its own? One of the central commercial hub of the [insert kingdom or wut ever]?

It is not just a street or district where students go to get stuff they need rite? But more like a city? If its a hub and students can get "jobs" as well.... Weeeeeew my brains. No food to run the complex stimulation. :blobfearful:

Jeanette likes this.
  6. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not ready, look away >.<
    I just posted something in our conversation cause I had stuff deleted when I replied with something else there before and didn't want to risk it...

Jeanette and Lovise like this.
  7. Lovise

Lovise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Blame Jeanie for it :) :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

:blob_patpat:

Jeanette and Little Evil like this.
  8. Jeanette

Reading List:
    Link
    hehehe

9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *walks around the shopping district while holding hands with Yumi*

Flora: "I wonder if they sell threads here..."
    Yumi: "... You can sew, mom?"
    Flora: "A bit! Mom always scolded me when I did it though... And I haven't really tried sewing ever since you were born, since the lord didn't want me to, but now that I'm here, I think I could try it again, right?"
    Yumi: "I have a feeling I know why dad didn't want you to sew..."
    Flora: "You do? Why though-?"

Merchant: "Over here, little ladies! I can sell you the best thread in the whole kingdom! A mere 20$ will get you enough to make a whole dress for your little sister's favorite doll! Come and get it before stocks run out!"

Merchant: "Yes, you, young lady! Come take a closer look!"

Flora: "Yumi, is he talking to me?" *tilts head*
    Yumi: "Yeah mom, though it's a scam, let's ignore him."
    Flora: "Ooooh, so it's a scam... How do you know?"
    Yumi: "How can enough thread to make a doll's dress cost 20$, mom...? You never helped your mom buy thread? There's no way it could be this expensive! Sewing business would go bankrupt!"
    Flora: *pats Yumi's head* "Ehe, you're really smart, aren't you?" *kisses your cheek* "Okay, we'll ignore the scamming merchant then."
    Yumi: *hugs* "Please take care of yourself... You really worry me, mom..."
    Flora: *gently strokes Yumi's hair* "Mom promises. Mom will make the smart Yumi proud~"

*keeps looking around the shopping district together*

Jeanette likes this.
  10. Lovise

Lovise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh ya, what is the currency Jeanie? c: since this IS a magical world.

Jeanette likes this.
  11. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    *tries to buy cookies*

Jeanette likes this.
  12. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    *tries to buy an AliceShiki pillow*

13. AlaiNicole

AlaiNicole Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Tries to buy supplementary books on magic*

14. Jeanette

Reading List:
    Link
    The market was busy with students getting ready for the new year, of course new students are exempt from this but you could see older students hurrying here and there, walking, flying, running, all sorts of transportation methods were used.

On the side there were adults looking upon this scene with a warm nostalgic look in their eyes with a knowing smile that these students waited until literally the last day to get their supplies in order.

"Woah It's so busy right now, I'd have forgotten about this" Jen looked around for some clothes making stuff and found a vender she was familiar with.

"Hi Miss Marge, How's the stall going?" Jen asked the shopkeeper-who's-face-looked-generic.

"It's going well! Do you need anything? I have several items a new student might want! Hurry quickly while supplies last since I just set up the stall and there's 12 crafting students behind you already."

There was somehow a line already formed behind them

"Oh no, I'm not here to make clothes, I'm just here to see if my friend would want to buy anything." Jen gestured at Flan

"Hello little Dearie, would you like to buy anything? I can also recommend things to buy if you need help~"

AliceShiki likes this.
  15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    "Oh! It's Flora, not Dearie!

"And I want to buy some fabric, so that I may sew a dress for my daughter. She's 6 years old and about this tall." *shows her height with her hand* "Her hair is white and her eyes are violet. I wanted something of a light color that would go well with her... Can you suggest me anything?

"... Though I only have 20$ with me, I don't know if it's enough to pay for the fabric needed for a whole dress..."

Jeanette likes this.
  16. Jeanette

Reading List:
    Link
    "Of course dearie, I'd recommend the" The Stall owner started giving ideas about what fabrics would watch well with the description given by Flora "Looks like You'll need 6/8th a yard of fabric to suit your needs which ends up to be about $10." She explained the prices "Usually you would buy the whole yard and it'd be cheaper that way, but in your case that'd cost more in total since you have to use different fabrics of different colors."

AliceShiki likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    "Oooooooh, so it really isn't 20$ just to make a doll's dress~

"Ehe, thank you, then... I'll take twice of that! I want to have a bit more to practice, so that I can make a good gift for Yumi~" *puts out the 20$*

Jeanette likes this.
  18. Jeanette

Reading List:
    Link
    "Here you go." Handing the goods to Flora, The Stall Owner waved goodbye after handing back the change "Come back if you need more fabric!" Jen was waiting by the side and spoke up "Then let's go put that back in your room and then return to exploring around. don't want the fabric to get lost do we."

19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thank you very much~"
    "Okay, sure! Where do you want to go, then?"

Jeanette likes this.
  20. Jeanette

Reading List:
    Link
    ^^) "Then let's head back now~" Jen made sure to lead Flora back to the dorms by hand, can't have her dorm-mate get lost after all.

AliceShiki likes this.