Magic Association Magic Association - Event Hall

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by The Everdistant Utopia, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    The hordes were slowly thinning. But the nest was still there, the Phoenix within, as it blasted it's surroundings with all manners of Ice Magic.

"Not for long, though."

The Phoenix paused, and then abruptly turned, as it felt the flow of mana which was powering a massive spell. A spell that was already on it's last vestiges, and too late to disrupt.

It glanced at the person who was casting the spell, a girl decked out in a full suit of fur armour. Whoever it was had obviously came prepared against the cold. At the same time, the girl raised her head, and their eyes met.

Somehow, just that brief contact made it flinch, and it hurriedly looked away; a bad decision.

"Let's see how many of these that nest can hold. Roar, multi-headed king of the seas--Hydra!"

The water construct struck out with uncanny speed and accuracy, hitting one side of the nest and destroying it completely. Furthermore, even after the hydra construct vanished, the water didn't, swirling around to prevent the ice from re-freezing the damaged parts.

BAM!
    "Woah, that was close."

The girl landed safely on another roof, having dodged the magic thrown at her previous location, but there was now a new problem. The Phoenix was glaring at her, keeping a close eye on her actions. At that rate, she wouldn't be able to activate any of her pre-arranged spell formations without getting caught.

Even worse, a Griffin that had just been flying around turned it's attention to her.

"...Dammit."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Destroying the Nest] Task can now be taken as well.

MaliMi, leegood, Naraku and 1 other person like this.
  2. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Quest: Destroying the nest
    "You are kidding right what the hell was the point of sending that thing right into my bloody body?"(Cadmium)
    Cadmium stands in the massively swirling water having been pushed inside of the lords manor by the water hydra.
    "Now where to find support structures? Ohh well I guess I will just smash all the pillars I find." Cadmium then walks towards the nearest pillar having pulled out his big pole again when a extremely minor lesser ice phoenix decided he would make a nice statue. "Hohoho you want a piece of me well your ice has to be colder than this!" Cadmium flexes his frosted arm making the ice now stuck to it explode off. Cadmium then threw his pole into a pillar and jumped towards the extremely minor lesser ice phoenix. The ice phoenix tryed to run away but Cad caught it with his hand without shattering it's tail feathers. "Hahaha you are a silly bird, birds don't come indoors everybody knows that!" Cadmium then proceeds to crush the ice phoenix by smashing it repeatedly into another of the pillars. "Useless bird it didn't even break the entire pillar!" Cadmium then drops the remains in the nice warm water and collects his pole that he threw through the support pillars.
    "Continuing on then away from these silly birds."

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    MaliMi likes this.
  3. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [Destroying the Nest]
    [Location: Near The Nest]
    [Lee]

My head hurt, and as I woke up a lessor Ice Phoenix glared at me and pointed it's beak at an Injured Gryphon, It seemed the Ice Phoenix wanted the Lesser Ice Phoenix wanted the Gryphon to be healed so that he could use it as a meat shield and munch on one of those pesky humans bothering it's leader.

I would have refused, But a wack to the head and a pointing of the beak made me realize it was intelligent enough to know that I can heal wounds in the first place. Limping, I walked to the Injured Gryphon as Tears threatened to fall from my eyes and started healing it, after it was fully healed, It was commanded by the lesser Ice Phoenix to fly towards that pesky armored woman that was causing trouble for his boss.

Though for some reason, The lesser Ice phonix ordered the gryphon to look like it was just 'flying around' when it decided to attack her. I was picked up by the lesser Ice phoenix, and was dropped off near higher ranked monsters and forced to heal them without doing something else that would become a detriment to his Boss.

Of course, after the Gryphon, I had already expended half of my mana, so I was basically forced until I almost was into mana depletion, then I was flown to a 'safe area' and force fed mana regenerating foods.

MaliMi, TiggerBane, Haxagen and 2 others like this.
  4. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    [Clear the Horde / Destroy the Nest]

Thanks to his adventage point and ability to sense mana ripples, the Mahjarrat was well aware of the situation on the battlefield. For example, a certain miss seemed to be kidnapped.
    "Did she change sides? That might not be a stupid move actually." Soremad murmured as he himself considered whether it is not too late to switch. However, it seemed that for some reason, those healed by the miss were less active on the battlefield. Feeling uncertain about the situation, the Mahjarrad decided to let it be for now.

A certain doctor decided to release a plague and turn the city back to the state of the sewer calamity, which had just been overcome. Well, not like Soremad minded actually. On the contrary, he got a feeling that perhaps, he might be a good buddies with the doctor. Anyway it seemed everything was alright there, jsut that the psycho was mad about a slightly more intelligent bird.

The duo of dragonkin and fire elemental... Eee, why was he worried about them again? Moving on!

The dwarf seemed to promise him a drink. Well, contrary to these tiny figures, the Mahjarrad did not like alcohol so he would have to decline. But, ever since he got enough mana, the midget was alright. Was it because he was too tiny for the larger birds to notice?

The ice and elf nee-chans seemed to be injured, however in consideration that they could take on one of the horde alone, they got classified to the same rank as the dragonkin above. Though by facts, it seemed that they were even stronger, for some reason, the expression "Blaiz is too OP" just has its impact and got stuck within his head.

Moving on to....
    "Guh! I hate that guy!" The Mahjarrad did not really know why, but he got a distasteful feeling whenever he saw that stupid element. Anyway, war is a war, let's put the differences behind and help...
    ...not like it needed one anyway.

Now, the most important person of the battle, the rooftop nee-chan. Geez, there are a lot of nee-chans in this fight. anyway, this girl, Nadia was she called? She was the cornerstone of their hope for victory. Now, though, she was being distracted by a slightly intelligent mutated bird.
    "Wait, wait, I knew this name, I knew it....."
    "..."
    "..."
    "Griffon! Griffon, I got it, it is griffon!"

The fight on the rooftop seemed desperate. Those two suicidal brave cannon fodders wizards decided to waste his mana engage the monster in a futile nerve breaking fight. Though they would obviously lose, they desperately tried to buy at least a tiny little time for Nadia to complete the formation.
    "I guess, I have to help a bit more" The Mahjarrad sighed as he looked at his left hand which was slowly turning translucent. He wondered whether at the end of his fight, he would have to sacrifiwners.ce his entire arm. Nevertheless, in order to live, sacrifices were necessary.
    "Shoggy!" Soremad said grimly, "It is time to bleed!"
    "AOOO!" The mutated creature released a disgruntled sign, however, it obeyed its master, formed two tencles of about 3 cubic metres in volume each and decisively ripped the off its body.

"Don't worry, my friend. I will make sure you get what you deserve after this. Even if the association will hunt me afterwards, you will get it!" Soremad declared as he once again smashed the ceremonial staff into the ground.

This time, five grey wisps arrived.
    One of them, just like the previous four divided in two, one latched upon the Mahjarrad and the other headed towards Luke to supply him with mana.

The Mahjarrad stretched out his hand and beckoned two of the remaining souls to come to him. The souls released shrill scream as they attacked Soremad. They turned into one giant mouth and got a big bite out of the magic, which formed Soremad's arm.

The Mahjarrad, however did not releease a single sound of pain. Instead, the original language of his race made the mana inside the souls vibrate. The souls cried unhappily, tryijng to puke the magic power, however, it was already absorbed. Under great agony, one of the wisps turned into the face of Luke, the other Umbrum. Then, they sped of towards the rooftop battlefield, where they circled around their new owners.

As for the last two souls, The Mahjarrad stepped towards them and stuffed them into the two ripped tentacles. That, however was not the end.
    A short ritual ensued. The two tentacles shrank and shrank till they became a pebble sized concentrated Od and negative energy. Then, the Mahjarrad decisively sent them towards the duo.

Afterwards, exhausted, Soremad sat down and tried to concentrate to at the very least keep up the output of mana.
    "Haaah, this way, I am seriously gonna die here!"

Out of 16 wisps, only 6 were left.

The buffs:
    The wisps with faces: Capable of transforming into a mirage of the individual. No attacking power, no defensive power. Just a mirage to fool the enemy.

The Od and Negative Energy wisps: There are two options for this wisp.
    Option number one: Use it to attach a parasitic leech onto target (rank D monster). The leech absorbs Od from the body and releases negative energy into it.

Option number two: Absorb the wisp. A parasite will grow in one's body boosting basic physical attributes to D rank. However, the user will be corrupted over time and if the will of individual is weak and sufficient time elapses, the user might turn into a similar state to the corrupted phoenix.

@Exitiumm (Luke) and @Naraku (Umbrum) got one of each.

AliceShiki, Fossil, Exitiumm and 3 others like this.
  5. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Slowly, she made her way over to another of her spell formations, having taken advantage of the Phoenix's lapses in concentration to arrive there.

The Griffon that had been delaying her had been smashed into the side of a wall, crippled and rendered immobile. It tried to screech, but she had shoved a massive sphere of water down it's throat, preventing it from making any sounds.

What to do...?

There were two options. Number 1, retreat into a building and activate the spell formation, which would hide the glow of magic, buying her more time to cast her spell. On the downside, doing so would reduce the amount of power of the ensuring spell.

Then somebody reduced her options by throwing a Thunderbird at the building she was in, completely demolishing the roof.

Thanks to that, the Phoenix spotted her, and she had to take some really drastic measures.

"Chant!"

She had already reactivated the spell formation; as such, she wasn't going to abandon it, especially since the Phoenix started watching her closely again.

A barrage of Ice spears flew towards her. Casting a silent Water Shield, Nadia deflected most of them, but some still got past her defense, slicing lines across her armour and skin.

Still, it failed to interrupt the chant.

"Hydra!"

The same devastating spell activated, blasting another good portion of the Nest into pieces; there was only a small portion more of it left.

"Alright. Now---Ugh!"

Because of her lapse in concentration, the Phoenix had landed a very damaging spell, blasting her away from the Nest area. She ended up being slammed against a fortfied wall, held in place by a massive ice spike skewered through her stomach.

Ugh...Not good.

The mana drain from creating all of those spell formations, activating two of them consecutively, and taking down a Griffon singlehandedly had taken it's toll on her. She couldn't muster the strength to remove the spike that held her still. Worse still, her staff was all the way back at the Nest grounds, lying on the floor.

At this rate...The remaining spell formations...won't be able to be activated...

The bloodloss, as well as the mana exhaustion, caused her to slowly lose consciousness.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nest Status: 66% Destroyed (2/3)

6. Mlaser

Mlaser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [Rescue]

Victor was running around of the city, trying to find the place of the nest that everybody mentioned through the badge. I22 is faithfully going behind faithfully defending him from the charging ice constructs.
    “Its cold. Its annoying.”
    “Master, I know that you already bypassed that to not have any discomfort”
    “But we lizardman need to mind the cold, we are coldblooded”
    “Master, old Master already modified you to not be coldblooded anymore.”
    “It’s difficult to forget old habits..”
    “And Master..”
    “What?”
    “Your sense of direction is terrible.”
    “Shut up. How do you expect me to remember all the streets. Furthermore most of the building are being destroyed again. I think I made the wrong choice of city to live in. I should have choose...”
    The dialogue between two is interrupted by seeing a person flying and slamming into a wall.
    “That’s. Is not Nadia from the guild?”
    “Let’s see what is going on.”
    Running they soon reach the place, and see the scene of the woman clad in armor impaled to the wall.
    “I will help her. Protect us.”
    “Yes. Master.”
    Victor goes to Nadia, he touches her skin and send a probe of mana to her body.
    ‘Not entirely human. Bruises and cuts all around the body. The ice spike pierced her stomach. Injuries not life-threatening. Ok. Removing the spike now.’
    He begin to remove the spike and uses his magic to close the hole on her stomach, also stopping the bleeding of the cuts.
    “Master, we have problems.”
    I22 was battling with three thunderbirds, she remove her metal armor because of the opponents using eletricity and was winning against them, but the arrival of two griffin made this situation change.
    “Block them. I will run.”
    Victor proceeds to run while carrying Nadia in his shoulder while I22 jumps in the back of one griffins disturbing him. The other griffin however and tow thunderbirb still chases after Victor.
    ‘I cant fight while protecting one people’ he then says to his badge “I am being pursued by a griffin and protecting an injured person. Can someone lend some help?”
    While running, he tries to awaken her.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Blackwater, Naraku, MaliMi and 2 others like this.
  7. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Nadia could feel that her wounds had been healed, and someone had gotten the ice spike out of her. She could also feel herself being carried by someone, who seemed to be desperately running for some reason.

...Ugh.

She couldn't wake up, yet, however. While her physical wounds had been healed, her internal wounds were not. In order to cure those, she needed a large amount of pure water, around the size of a lake. And right now, the damnable Phoenix had frozen everything.

...If only I had my staff...Where is it?

Her staff, crafted so painstakingly with Nimue's assistance, could help her recover faster just by being in contact with it. However, that same staff was now lying under the rubble of a collapsed building.

Without pure water or her staff, she was definitely going to take a long time to recover.

Therefore, she remained unresponsive.

Blackwater, leegood and MaliMi like this.
  8. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Quest: that sounds important
    Character: Cadmium
    "What was that sound was it a staff that sounded important especially with another of those dammed water hydras smashing a wall near me again!" Cadmium proceeds to take a peek outside noticing the staff of the caster of the most devastating attacks so far in this fight Cadmium decides to deliver it back to it's normal owner so he can avoid as much of the fight against the phoenix as possible. "Nowhere did she get blasted off too? Hello can anyone tell me were the caster for the hydras is I have her staff and I want this finished fast." Says Cadmium as he spins his staff around flattening an ice construct.

Destroy the nest(blood is like water right?)
    Character: Yvrrainne
    "Formations activated by a liquid huh I guess I will be able to help in the activation of it somehow or another (It's not like I can make it worse.)" Yvrrainne shrugs her shoulders and runs off in the direction of one of the areas of high mana concentration of the water attribute whilst pulling as much blood as she can with her after having followed the archer around and deciding that it wad not a good idea if she wished to stay alive. Especially since everywhere is so dammed slippery. Reaching the location below the formation Yvrrainne jumps onto the roof of the formation searching for how exactly it activates. "I think I need to pour mana in here but why do I get the feeling it's got it's own signature to it like only one person can activate it? Ohh well I guess I had better not tamper with whoever decided that magic locking such an important attack was a good idea. Better just use the blood to stop freezing of the nest." Yvrrainne throws the now useless blood into the water of the nest to make it freeze slower. Seeing as how the process had been disrupted.

leegood and MaliMi like this.
  9. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    [Destroying the Nest]
    [Lee]

"It hurts..but....It's helping..." I
    muttered to myself, the monsters I healed attacked less, attacked but only went as far as knocking people out, and when the magician looked or proved themself strong, they fled to another location.

"It's okay..."
    I had healed the lesser ice phoenix with most of my mana after it captured me and it was now pretending to be healing its allies but it was really freeing them.

Though, I could not stop its loyalty to its leader and it will gladly defend its leader to the death as it was glaring at the humans.

"I. Could...help"
    The lesser ice phoenix nodded and waited for me to regenerate my mana. What I did not tell it, was that I was also going to try to remove the corruption while I'm at it.

(OOC a bit of context here but the lesser ice phoenix did not really fathom the idea that his own lord could be corrupted)

10. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [ Center]- [Destroy the Nest]

That. Cursed. Griffon! As it kept eluding Sartre, he turns to a group of monsters that was getting closer to him, and casts Plague on them, watching them as it grows worse and worse, their skin wrinkling as their od keeps getting less and less, a few veins rupturing, and their eyes, oh their eyes! Sartre chuckles to himself, before turning his attention to the sky again.

Where- where is the Griffon!? In the time Sartre attacked the monsters near him, the Griffon seems to have left his field of sight. As Sartre tries to find the Griffon, he spots a person running away from a Griffon while carrying another. The most important thing in this being the Griffon.

However, as Sartre sadly forgot his badge, he hears nothing others might try to tell him. Trying to anticipate the path the Griffon will take, he gathers his power, and jumps onto a building, his hands barely reaching the roof. Then he pulls himself up and starts to sprint towards where he expects the Griffon will pass by when he reaches that point, shouting: "Griffon! Stay still for one second, and let me hit you! I have to see you die from my plague, there is no other option!" On the way, Sartre already starts casting Plague at the Griffon over and over, trying to hit it.

OOC: @Mlaser @Haxagen

Mlaser, MaliMi, Haxagen and 1 other person like this.
  11. Auram

Auram Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [North] - [Fighting off the First Wave]

"What-what is this!?" I just arrived in this city, registered at this association, everything was supposed to be good! But now I'm being chased by a weird flock of birds, and there's snow and frost everywhere! I flail my arms around in a panic, trying to get rid of the birds, but they just keep coming!

They tear holes in my clothes, peck open my flesh, open up my scars! It hurts...! As a peck scrapes past my mask and tears open the left side of my head, tears start streaming down my face. I only wanted to be happy, why is this happening to me...? After sobbing a few times I scream out, and feeling the energy leaving my body, I know that I accidentally cast that spell, Banshee's Scream again.

Accompanied by caws of pain is the sound of many things dropping onto the floor. As I timidly open my eyes, a scene of death is laid bare before me. All of those birds that were close to me lie on the ground, blood pouring from their orifices as they slowly bleed out. The birds that were a bit further away can barely stay in the air, some falling down a few seconds after my scream.

Nausea wells up within me, and I toss away my mask, before throwing up, staining my shoes in the process. I stare up at the sky, and start laughing, tears streaming down my face.​

leegood and MaliMi like this.
  12. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: Destroy the Nest, Clear the Horde

Noticing the Griffin flying towards Umbrum, Blaiz knew that he needed to stop it. Grunting as he accelerated toward the beast, Blaiz fired an Infernal Time at it, hitting dead on due to the zero time delay. Sadly the griffin just shook it off like it was nothing. Realizing that he wasn't strong enough to take it on yet, the dragonkin did what he knew best, ask for help. "Ruby, I'll pin it down, you use a Meteor Impact!" He told the elemental as his sword roared with fire once more. Racing toward the chimera, he heard her reply.

"On it, Master! I'm preparing the spell now! Tell me when and I'll deliver!"
    Replied the loli as she prepared her spell. The volume of the spell was assured since it even leaked into the surroundings, melting some of the ice near a certain girl.

Meanwhile Blaiz was distracting the bird, or rather attempting to. Instead he was getting scratched and pecked at, barely dodging most of them, and getting hit around twenty percent of the time. What's more is that they weren't blocked by his scales and were dealt by a griffin. He was heavily founded. Already knowing that in his heart, the dragonkin looked for an opportunity to counterattack. Flaming sword in hand, he stabbed right when he was about to get pecked, going straight through the chimera's eyes.

Like that, Blaiz immediately chopped off the beast's wings. Okay, he tried to. He only managed to cripple them, but that was enough for what he needed to do. Flying a safe distance away, the redhead gave an order to his companion,
    "Now!" It was a simple word, but it contained all the necessary information that the flame elemental needed.

Throwing out her spell, Ruby looked up to see a small rock began hurtling toward the downed griffin that had no means of escape. The surroundings were covered with flames as a boom resounded in the ears of everyone. Ice melted everywhere, almost causing a flood in the city. After seeing the results of the destruction, the summon rushed to her master to check his condition.

OOC: @Naraku @Haxagen

leegood, Naraku, Blackwater and 2 others like this.
  13. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    The puddle of melted ice trembled, as it condensed into one thick lump, funneling towards Nadia, who was still being carried by Victor.

Slowly, the water entered her body, and begun repairing her internal wounds. As more and more water gushed forth, colour begun returning to her cheeks.

"...Ugh."

Managing to regain a portion of her strength, Nadia lifted her head whilst groaning--and immediately ducked to avoid a bolt of lightning.

...Seriously...

The thing was, the amount of water wasn't completely enough to cure her wounds. It was only enough to wake her up. Still, now that she was awake, she was able to cast magic, using her own power to begin reconstructing her internal body.

Wincing, she looked around, while she was still being carried by another person. Umbrum seemed to be present without being visible, and Blaiz...was being Blaiz, as usual. There also seemed to be someone firing spells at another Griffon nearby, while chuckling like a maniac.

The situation, not to put too fine a point on it, was utterly miserable. The nest was freezing back, but it seemed to have been slowed down massively for some reason.

...Tch, my legs still refuse to move.

Then Ruby called down a meteor, and blew up the immediate surroundings. Ice melted, and water engulfed the area.

Nice!

As the newly created body of water flowed towards her, enveloping her in a thin layer, her wounds healed up at an amazing rate. The additional bit of heat helped purge the last bit of Ice in her body.

Then, she saw the Phoenix preparing another large spell. And it's target seemed to be...the injured Blaiz. Ruby was making her way over to her master, but she was distracted and couldn't react in time.

In that case, let me repay that favour.

Raising her hands, Nadia rapidly manipulated the excess water to form a spell formation midair, having stopped the water from dispersing. Without her staff, the spell's power was decreased, but she was confident of pulling off that feat.

The Phoenix fired off a blinding ray of harsh blue light, a beam that froze anything it touched, even the air itself. At the same time, Nadia completed her spell, raising her hands in the shape of a cross.

The water swirled, flowing before Blaiz and forming a transparent blue shield. The beam made contact with the water--and disappeared before everybody's eyes.

...Done.

Tired, Nadia allowed herself to relax, once again entrusting all of her weight to Victor.

@Mlaser @Fossil

leegood, Fossil, Naraku and 2 others like this.
  14. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Character: Cadmium
    "Well that is something of a new experience I do believe getting caught in a blood tide and 2 water waves in one day with the surroundings almost completely frozen. Or at least it's something that doesn't happen every year if I am being truly serious." Cadmium standing up now all covered in a red frozen colour which is covering everything around him stands up after having been knocked over again. Picking up his badge he says into it. "Where is Nadia I need to deliver her staff to her asap." Turning around Cadmium notices a thunderbird around so he proceeds to close his eyes and stand very still. "Oh bother this is going to be annoying to leave." The thunderbird then just as predicted starts making a nuisance of itself by electrocuting the water.

@Mlaser @Haxagen

15. Mlaser

Mlaser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Seeing that someone was shouting at the griffin trying to take its attention, Victor make a turn and run in the direction of that person. While running he perceive that the woman he is carrying is healing in a fast pace, and while he is distracted, she fires a spell in some direction. When he begin to try talking to her, she became unconscious again.
    Reaching Sartre he accelerates trying to make the griffin lost his trail while battling with Sartre.
    He hear someone talking about Nadia in the badge and responds.
    “Nadia is unconscious, I taking her to the headquarters, I can pick her belonging with you in my path.”​

OOC: @Haxagen @TiggerBane @Blackwater I will also write about the battle of I22 later​

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  16. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Cadmium proceeds to turn around in the water after hearing where he needs to go and head on in the direction that he believes the association is in. Cadmium then starts running in that direction whilst the lightning is still running all around him. Cadmium hits the first building and bulldozes through the wall of the nearest building stepping onto a nice carpet that is dry. Cadmium then jumps up smashing through the roof of the building. Then grabbing the badge he says, "Roger that I will meet you at the association then sir don't stop for anything." Cadmium then turns around and zaps the thunderbird out of the sky. Cadmium then heads off in the direction of the association headquarters.

Upon entering the headquarters Cadmium waits near the entrance for Nadia and the speaker to enter.

@Mlaser @Haxagen

leegood, MaliMi and Haxagen like this.
  17. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    [Destroying the Nest]
    [Lee]

I looked at the lesser Ice phoenix as I carried me to it's leader, as I was getting closer, The lesser Ice phoenix Squaked? Squealed? made a noise toward the Phoenix lord saying that it has brought something to heal the lord. As that was going on, I noticed, blood, coming out of several cuts that were on me.

I was determined though, that If I was able to heal that Phoenix lord....It might not be bad that I will go to sleep for a long, long time, just like papa and mama. I grew more determined as I tried focusing on my mana to regenerate it faster, I will....heal!

One thing I did notice though, Was Ruby in the distance. I had a small smile on my lips, perhaps, If I sleep for a long time, Ruby would be the one to do it for me. I waited anxiously as the lesser phoenix waited, every passing second sending me a reminder of my possible long sleep that might start today.

@Haxagen @Fossil

MaliMi, Haxagen and Fossil like this.
  18. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    ((I'm going to write first.))

Dimly awake, Nadia felt the familiar mana signature of her staff beckoning to her. It was somehow pulling on her fingers, not physically, but enough for her to have a rough gauge of it's location. But again, that was only natural, seeing as the staff was created just for her, and her alone. No one else could use it as well as she did.

In fact, one could almost say that the staff chose her as it's wielder, similar to the tale of a certain king-choosing sword.

It's right there. Just a few metres away.

Getting up, she made the last few steps to her staff, and grasped it. The moment she did, the staff underwent a visual change, and she could feel it's power surging through her.

The crescent-shaped tip lit up with incandescent blue flames, dancing across the surface. Despite that, it didn't seem to give off heat, only light. As she strode forth, outside of the HQ building, the light flared, painting an image in the sky---Endless waves of gentle shades of light, curving across the wintery sky.

The presence of the snowstorm, ironically, gave the staff the ability to manifest it's power. Otherwise, it would have remained as it was; the reason the staff could create such a phenomenon was because of one reason, the reason behind the conceptualization of her staff.

[Light of Dawn, Aurora]. That was her staff's name.

The weaving lights had an obvious effect. Throughout the town, monsters stopped attacking momentarily, dazzled by it, giving humans a chance to run---or fight back.

Woah, Nimue sure gave this a good refining. Maybe I'll buy a crepe for her later.

The thing was, there was still the root of the problem. The Phoenix was still in the centre. And with her staff, she could tell that a few mages were close to the centre, as well.

I guess it's time to settle this. Summon, Sea King, Hydra.

Unlike her earlier spells, this was an actual summon, calling forth a familiar. She leapt on the back of the summoned Hydra, and instructed it to make haste towards the Nest.

@leegood @Fossil

MaliMi, leegood and Fossil like this.
  19. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Ruby was flying as fast as she could towards her master, but a bright flash of blue light blinded her before she got close enough. When she could see again Blaiz was no longer there. Searching around, Ruby saw nothing but the choas of the city and the craters left from fighting. Her master was gone. There was no longer anything that she could do to save him.

However she didn't want to jump to conclusions, so she checked her contract with him. It seemed weak, almost nonexistent. He was probably only able to hold on for a little longer. Ruby thought to herself that he probably teleported away just in time, but that put him into mana deficiency. Blaiz's body needed mana in order to heal itself, just as all dragonkin do. Knowing that she was constantly draining some of her master's mana, thus slowly killing him, the elemental came to a decision.

She forcefully cut off her contract, hurting herself in the process and giving her five minutes left to live on this plane. Still, she fulfilled her purpose of protecting Blaiz until her dying breath. However she wasn't content with that. Who would want to die like this, leaving nothing behind? So Ruby decided to go off in a blaze of fury.

She flew right at the phoenix, her hair flowing like a fiery river, showing how passionate she was, and how much she wanted to rip apart the beast. Her magic reached unusually high levels and was destroying her body the longer she stayed at that level. Flying close to the giant bird, the masterless elemental prepared her last hurrah: a self-destruct spell. Truthfully, she didn't know if her soul would survive past the explosion, but she didn't care. Her master probabl wouldn't summon her again since she would remind him that he wasn't able to save her.

Setting up the spell, the flaming loli rushed in full of determination.

@Haxagen @leegood

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    MaliMi, leegood and Haxagen like this.
  20. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Centuries later, as scholars researched into this incident, better known as the "Ice Phoenix Raid", they would relive the last moments of Ruby's life, where she challenged a monster ranked far above her own in one last act to take it down. About how the elemental tapped into a spell at the cost of her own life, a spell designed to utterly devastate the surroundings.

Alas, the vengeful elemental forgot a few things. One, she was alone and unguarded, and two, the spell took a long time to invoke; the Phoenix was still very much unharmed. And three, she was within the Phoenix's spellcasting range.

And so, the Phoenix blasted her in the face with a bluish beam.

((And so Fossil has space to make another side character. Hurrah.))

@Fossil + Anyone else relevant